PDA

View Full Version : Steelers running back Moore out with MCL sprain.....Woodley NO Setback...

katmandu
12-20-2011, 12:26 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/1198160-100.stm

Steelers running back Moore out with MCL sprain
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers running back Mewelde Moore has an MCL sprain and will not play in the game against the St. Louis Rams Saturday at Heinz Field.
Moore was the only player who sustained an injury of significance in the 20-3 loss at San Francisco Monday night.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today that linebacker LaMarr Woodley did not have a setback with his hamstring injury. He said all other existing injuries, including the one to Ben Roethlisberger's ankle, will be evaluated Wednesday when the players report to work.
Tomlin said at his weekly news conference that he did not consider pulling Roethlisberger from the game against the 49ers. Roethlisberger, who did not display his usual mobility in the pocket, threw three interceptions and lost a fumble.
Ray Fittipaldo: rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com (https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com) and Twitter @rayfitt1

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/1198160-100.stm#ixzz1h6IoWAR1

86WARD
12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Woodley, Ben, Pouncey. Sit until the playoffs or at worst play a couple series at Cleveland and get out healthy.

katmandu
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Woodley, Ben, Pouncey. Sit until the playoffs or at worst play a couple series at Cleveland and get out healthy.x2 !

Moose
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Moore... sorry, but who cares !

BlastFurnace
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't care what kind of spin they are saying about Woodley.

Woodley needs to sit until the playoffs.

XxKnightxX
12-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Im seriously wondering if were gonna sign another OL for the postseason, Its amazing how injury prone our O line is.

steelerdude15
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I hope he can recover and get better.

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Moore doesn't play much, but he usually contributes when he does. Time to see what Dwyer can do.

7willBheaven
12-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Im seriously wondering if were gonna sign another OL for the postseason, Its amazing how injury prone our O line is.

Why would they sign another OL the only one injured is Pouncey...and he'll be back soon. No need to sign someone who is not going to have any impact.

7willBheaven
12-20-2011, 03:48 PM

Moore is a valuable member of this team. And minus the 1 fumble earlier this year he does what hes asked to do and does it will...and can actually pick up some yards when needed. I've never understood the Moore hate.

The Duke
12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Moore doesn't play much, but he usually contributes when he does. Time to see what Dwyer can do.

that's what bothers me about this Moore injury, Dwyer was placed on IR last week

I hope we don't overwork Mendy and Redman before the playoffs now

GodfatherofSoul
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Woodley "no setback" my butt. If he were healthy he would've been on the field.

7willBheaven
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
that's what bothers me about this Moore injury, Dwyer was placed on IR last week

I read there will probably be a roster move to bring up/in another RB with Moore missing some time. So either Clay comes up from the PS...or they bring someone from the outside in.

tube517
12-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Have Baron Batch change his name and face and pick him up as a free agent. Problem solved. :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 05:30 PM

How miss I miss that? He must be working out with Charlie Batch.

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I read there will probably be a roster move to bring up/in another RB with Moore missing some time. So either Clay comes up from the PS...or they bring someone from the outside in.

Here comes Tiki! :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
The Packers need offensive linemen. Maybe we could trade Kemo for Jon Kuhn?

Super Bowl.

tube517
12-20-2011, 05:33 PM

Super Bowl.

And a HOF'er :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
12-20-2011, 05:38 PM

I don't understand why you would say that, He always seems to come up big for us when we are looking for a big play. He is the best running back we have at catching the ball out of the backfield. He don't get on the field much but in 3rd down situations I feel comfortable with him in there.

The Duke
12-20-2011, 07:03 PM

Makes sense going with Clay. Heck, I hope they give him a crack at the rams dreadful D

Ivy/Woods goes back to the squad

I don't understand why you would say that, He always seems to come up big for us when we are looking for a big play. He is the best running back we have at catching the ball out of the backfield. He don't get on the field much but in 3rd down situations I feel comfortable with him in there.

This

There's a reason he's not going to IR (at least it doesn't seem like he is), he's a very reliable situation guy and we'll need him for the playoffs. Other than that blunder in the end zone in kansas city he's always come up big for us

Chidi29
12-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Chad Spann is also on the practice squad.

Steeltreal
12-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Chad Spann is also on the practice squad.

Thats the most random post Ive read on these forums.

Chidi29
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Thats the most random post Ive read on these forums.

:chuckle:

But seriously, how so? He is another running back on the practice squad that could be brought up.

Devilsdancefloor
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM

when Memo comes in he usually does something positive for this team it is a big deal.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Woodley "no setback" my butt. If he were healthy he would've been on the field.

Could be no setback, but he just wasnt going to be effective. He isnt healed.

I have pulled my hamstring several times and could totally empathize with him on the replay where Smith ran for the 1st down. He is good enough to run at 85% of speed, but not enough to go all out and chase down the QB. Harrison and Worilds might need to start this week.

tube517
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/john-clay.jpg

Championship! :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Could be no setback, but he just wasnt going to be effective. He isnt healed.

I have pulled my hamstring several times and could totally empathize with him on the replay where Smith ran for the 1st down. He is good enough to run at 85% of speed, but not enough to go all out and chase down the QB. Harrison and Worilds might need to start this week.

If he is really 85%, would sitting him until the playoffs (3 weeks off total) allow him to fully heal in your opinion?

Steeldude
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
on the replay where Smith ran for the 1st down

IMO, that looked pretty normal for woodley

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2011, 09:56 PM
If he is really 85%, would sitting him until the playoffs (3 weeks off total) allow him to fully heal in your opinion? You never know with hamstrings. If it was a severe tear, then it really can take a few months to fully heal. I think sitting him for the next 2 weeks is a good idea.

IMO, that looked pretty normal for woodley
Yeah, his big wallet slows him down. All that extra bulk in his back pocket probably caused the hamstring injury.

steelreserve
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Have Baron Batch change his name and face and pick him up as a free agent. Problem solved. :chuckle:

I remember seeing an article in the preseason where they spelled his name "Baron Barch." That ought to be good enough to fool people.

katmandu
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
when Memo comes in he usually does something positive for this team it is a big deal.X2. Memo ALWAYS produces Positive results!

katmandu
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM

That would be too cool.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
X2. Memo ALWAYS produces Positive results! Enjoy it while you can. He probably will be replaced by Barron Batch or another Rookie next season.