PDA

View Full Version : MAX......

katmandu
12-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Considering where Max (and us a LT) this season, he's done a decent job a LT.

Then comes last night...

Aldon Smith took Max to the woodshed and beat his ass to a pulp.... at Ben's expense.

We all know Max is a warrior thru and thru, but damn!

We have a LOT of needs next season and beyond, but last night PROVED once again that we have GOT to find an answer to the likes of A.Smith, Suggs, Feeney and Company!

BTW, I must say I believe it was in very, very poor taste of ESPN to shove a camera right squarely in Max's face (at the end of the game sitting on the bench). Max was very distressed and looked like a kid with his hand in a cookie jar.

Yea ok.... a panning shot maybe, but they stayed (and zoomed in) on Max's face for like 10 - 15 seconds. Very poor taste ESPN! The man could not have felt any worse then to have ya'll pull this classless stunt!

Bluecoat96
12-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Max had a bad game. It happens. We need a G before a Tackle.

BlastFurnace
12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I don't think that any LT on our roster handles that rush any better than Max last night....

Max is a solid LT, but he has always had trouble with speed rushers...Freeney, Hali, and now this game.

The Duke
12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't want to discredit Aldon Smith (who's a beast), but I think Max handled him pretty well until around halfway in the 3rd

a long term LT is a must, but right now guard still seems more important

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
I have always thought Starks has never played up to his potential. This year he has worked hard and really put together a great season. Starks only got beat by Smith badly maybe on 2 plays. The other ones were stunts where the LG or Legursky missed him.

I dont blame Starks, but the rest of the O line which sadly lacks in talent.

steelerdude15
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Max had a bad game. It happens. We need a G before a Tackle.

I agree, we need to upgrade that in the off season with the draft.

NCSteeler
12-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Max has never been good against speed guys. And some of that is the result of a young guy with fresh legs making an old guy playing near midnight and tired look bad. What I take away from the play of Aldon Smith is we may have missed with Worlids, he is young and fresh and it doesn't show on the field.