PDA

View Full Version : Next Up: St. Louis Rams.

Edman
12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Ugly loss on the road to a non-conference opponent, folks. But those ready to put it in the books can come to this thread.

It's a Saturday game and most likely the last home game of the season. The Rams are nowhere near the caliber as the Niners.

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:39 PM
If we lose that game, Ben or no Ben, THEN people are justified in going apeshit.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
The Rams shook the Saints this year.

Since the Saints have won six in a row!

The Duke
12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I never expect big wins, but after today I hope we beat the shit out of the rams

this team is missing fire and a game against the rams might just ignite it

BlastFurnace
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Rest everyone!!!

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Blah....

steeldevil
12-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Honestly don't care about the last 2 games. I know Ben should not and better not play. Get him rested. If we SOMEHOW win the division with Batch or Dixon, then GREAT, but Ben resting in more important. We wont beat anyone playing like we did tonight.

Not even sure if I will be able to watch the Rams game anyway. Its on damn Christmas Eve...

salamander
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
I won't be satisfied until the game is over and we have a W in the W/L column.

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Honestly don't care about the last 2 games. I know Ben should not and better not play. Get him rested. If we SOMEHOW win the division with Batch or Dixon, then GREAT, but Ben resting in more important. We wont beat anyone playing like we did tonight.

Not even sure if I will be able to watch the Rams game anyway. Its on damn Christmas Eve...

He'll play because they're too stupid to sit him!

vader29
12-19-2011, 11:57 PM
As Al Bundy would say, "If you lose to the Rams, you get thrown out of the league."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpp03in9fU

tube517
12-20-2011, 12:07 AM
If Batch plays, we win 6-2 because they will sack Batch in the end zone.

polamalubeast
12-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Last home game in 2011

XxKnightxX
12-20-2011, 04:06 AM
I never expect big wins, but after today I hope we beat the shit out of the rams

this team is missing fire and a game against the rams might just ignite it

Hell yeah well blow them out, 13 to 10 LMAO

HometownGal
12-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Historically, the Steelers are a pissed off bunch of guys after a loss so I'd have to say I (almost) feel sorry for the Rams. :lol:

I'm not taking this game for granted but I think we're going to see the Steelers we all know and love out on that field on Christmas Eve and not the imposters we saw last night.

BlastFurnace
12-20-2011, 06:38 AM
The Steelers will jump out to a 17-0 lead, then Ben will call nothing but 40 yard passes the rest of the game.

The final score will be 17-16 with the Rams stalling at midfield.

salamander
12-20-2011, 08:50 AM
The Steelers will jump out to a 17-0 lead, then Ben will call nothing but 40 yard passes the rest of the game.

The final score will be 17-16 with the Rams stalling at midfield.

That sounds about right.

Bluecoat96
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Historically, the Steelers are a pissed off bunch of guys after a loss so I'd have to say I (almost) feel sorry for the Rams. :lol:

I'm not taking this game for granted but I think we're going to see the Steelers we all know and love out on that field on Christmas Eve and not the imposters we saw last night.

Works for me! I've got both Wallace and Antonio on my fantasy team. :):)

steelerdude15
12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
It would be nice if the Steelers would blow out the Rams this Saturday, but I'll take a win no matter what. It's important we win the final two games.

zulater
12-20-2011, 11:27 AM
It would be nice if the Steelers would blow out the Rams this Saturday, but I'll take a win no matter what. It's important we win the final two games.

They're only important if the Ravens slip up and lose in Cincy to close the season. I know it's next to impossible to earn a bye at this point, but the 3 seed would be nice, as we'd get at least one home playoff game.

Moose
12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Blow outs are nice, easy on the heart, but I don't really care anymore....just get me a WIN !!! We all saw the black/gold just barely win a game this season, and then we'd scream for a blow out game....then finally they came out and blew a team away ( bungholes) then we all screamed, ' the black and gold is finally playing their game', and then here comes another just escape win. So, to me a blow out proves nothing other than the other team wasn't playing good. We lost games we could have won ( the second rat's game and the 49rs) which would have given us the division and home field advantage. Now all I'm rooting for is wins....ugly or pretty. GO STEELERS

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
This is another team we are clearly better than up and down the entire roster, even though I do love their RB and wish he would have been our replacement for the Bus a few years back...but whatever.

This game has 30 - 13 Steelers win written all over it

polamalubeast
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Under Mike Tomlin, the Steelers are 17-6 after a loss.

If we remove the 2009 season, the Steelers are 15-1 after a loss.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2011, 08:48 AM
If we lose that game, Ben or no Ben, THEN people are justified in going apeshit.

That made me laugh so hard I shot coffee out my nose...Apeshit would be an understatement! LOL

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
This is another team we are clearly better than up and down the entire roster, even though I do love their RB and wish he would have been our replacement for the Bus a few years back...but whatever.

This game has 30 - 13 Steelers win written all over it

Jackson was drafted in 2004 by the Rams. We took Ben that year. Still happy we took Ben over Steven Jackson

The Duke
12-21-2011, 11:16 AM

same here. He's looking slow now though. Truly sucks for him

in 2014 he's a free agent, but maybe they'll cut him before then. Man deserves a better team and maybe it could be us :wink02:

Under Mike Tomlin, the Steelers are 17-6 after a loss.

If we remove the 2009 season, the Steelers are 15-1 after a loss.

that's a mark of a great team, not looking back and being able to overcome losses easily

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Jackson was drafted in 2004 by the Rams. We took Ben that year. Still happy we took Ben over Steven Jackson

Oh no doubt I'd much rather have Big Ben, not even a question. I was hoping for back in the day more of a Bettis type trade kind of thing where we give them a 5th rounder and a ham sandwich in 06 for Jackson kind of deal. Its all written up in the Old Forum long ago, my wish list dream scenario deal.

Was kind of was poking fun at the Rams for giving up Bettis to us the way they did and was kind of hinting at wishing we could pull that off again is all.