PDA

View Full Version : Game goats

zulater
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Who isn't? Epic fail on every level. Worst game since the opener.

I honestly don't know if we can even beat the Rams?

Edman
12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
The whole team is a goat pretty much.

You don't get chances like this and squander it. 5th seed here we come. Everything came into place, and we blew it just like the Ravens.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:08 PM
ENTIRE TEAM

coach and players

JayC
12-19-2011, 11:08 PM
they all sucked. give it to tomlin. he didn't have em ready

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Defense was horrible. Offense was horrible. Special Teams downright awful.

Love J.Cotch though

Iron Steeler
12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
TOMLIN , BEN

The Duke
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Everyone, no exceptions

BlastFurnace
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
This team blows.

The entire team gets it tonight.

The defense especially.

Chidi29
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Kugler.

San Fran has been running inside stunts with Smith all game long. We have yet to pick them up. No communication along the line.

Zu, add LT to the "needs" list for the draft.

steeldevil
12-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Everyone.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Big Ben. He turned the ball over 4 times. Granted, that fumble was partially the O-line's fault and he's trying his darndest to protect that sprained ankle, but yeah, he is the single biggest reason for losing. Im not mad at him though, i give him props for playing the WHOLE game, even when it was clear that we were done for.

steelerdude15
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
I say majority of the team deserves the game goat but, Troy and Ryan. They were the only ones who showed up.

salamander
12-19-2011, 11:33 PM
The coaching staff. They need to grow a pair and get Ben out of the game instead of risking further injury.

Dodt
12-19-2011, 11:33 PM
to be honest i would like to give it to the defense but ben should have been on the bench.

smokin3000gt
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Tomlin for no other reason then keeping Ben in the game at the end.

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
The coaching staff. They need to grow a pair and get Ben out of the game instead of risking further injury.

That was disgusting! Tomlin needs to be made to answer for that!

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Special Teams were getting no field position at all.

Goat to the coaches.

stillers4me
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
I can't even blame anyone. The Niners beat our backups and half a QB. Big deal. Bully for them.

vader29
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
With having 10 days to prepare and only coming up with 3 points, have to go with the entire team and coaching staff.

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 02:00 AM
I can't even blame anyone. The Niners beat our backups and half a QB. Big deal. Bully for them.

Sorry minus Harrison, that was pretty much our starting D out there that had long drive after long drive. People around here were all about how lousy a QB Smith is and they made him look exceptional. If the D can't get no better rush than that without harrison, we drafted really poorly, what it really shows is how good a team built around the Oline can be with an average QB.

XxKnightxX
12-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Sorry minus Harrison, that was pretty much our starting D out there that had long drive after long drive. People around here were all about how lousy a QB Smith is and they made him look exceptional. If the D can't get no better rush than that without harrison, we drafted really poorly, what it really shows is how good a team built around the Oline can be with an average QB.

sounds like some 92 yard fuckhead I know of. Ben should of been benched, no if ands or buts. I will admit I was high on Ben playing, but the way his passes were sailing, and how awful the gameplan was, we would of had a better shot with Batch and being conservative, call me crazy or stupid, yeah I said it. I think they did not hold in the reins for Ben and he tried too hard and too much to play.

So overall, everyone gets a goat. We had our damn chance and fucking blew it. I dont know how you come out that flat in a playoff atmosphere game. The 9ers were gunning for a BYE and to help out big bro Harbitch and we just tried to show up and think we would dominate like any other NFC West team. Ok Rant done, Rams are up and get ready to see those white Jerseys and false starts.

HometownGal
12-20-2011, 04:16 AM
The entire team other than Clark and Troy who I will give a pass to because I feel they gave that game their all.

suitanim
12-20-2011, 05:22 AM
How people can blame Arians is just stupifyingly idiotic. Did people hear Gruden? He was heaping praise on how well the Steelers offense is designed.

Players didn't even come close to properly executing...some of that was Ben being inaccurate, some of that was just the 49ers defense.

Count Steeler
12-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Kugler.

San Fran has been running inside stunts with Smith all game long. We have yet to pick them up. No communication along the line.

We have been harping on the O Line that the tune is fading. If the FO has not addressed the OL for the past 7 years, I have little hope of them doing anything along the line in this next draft. Unfortunately, Ben is older, beat up and fading. Now we have to get a QB to groom. Shame on the FO.

zulater
12-20-2011, 06:20 AM
X's AND O's:
Right after the Steelers cut the lead to 6-3 on Shaun Suisham's season-long 51-yard FG, QB Alex Smith picked on LBs James Farrior and Lawrence Timmons for three big pass plays on a 79-yard drive that produced their first TD. It started when TE Vernon Davis got isolated on Farrior for a 31-yard catch on the first play of the drive. Then, on successive plays, Timmons got turned around on a 27-yard catch-and-run by RB Kendall Hunter, then got beat on a 21-yard catch by Davis. One play later, Smith used nice play-action to throw a 1-yard TD to a wide-open Davis, and the game was never the same.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11354/1198152-66-0.stm#ixzz1h4ncDGkQ

Dick LeBeau had a terrible game plan for last night's game and might have been the night's biggest goat imo. First off several 3rd and longs early in the game and he has the db playing 10 yards off the line and dropping. Which of course led to easy 3rd down conversions. But worse than that is what I pasted above. Verron Davis shouldn't be assigned to linebackers in coverage! That will fail nearly every time! Why didn't we do as we did against the Patriots with Gronkowski and use an extra cb to keep track of him?

katmandu
12-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Kugler.

Zu, add LT to the "needs" list for the draft.x2

katmandu
12-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Big Ben. He turned the ball over 4 times. Granted, that fumble was partially the O-line's fault and he's trying his darndest to protect that sprained ankle, but yeah, he is the single biggest reason for losing. Im not mad at him though,

i give him props for playing the WHOLE game, even when it was clear that we were done for.I wouldn't give him props for hanging in there and playing the whole game at the QUALITY (or lack there of) of what he was producing!

That's ALL on Tomlin (and company)!

When it was obvious the game was done for, Tomlin should have pulled him out! No questions asked!

Ben was like a boxer ....up against the ropes getting the living shit beat out of him with his hands NOT protecting his face!

GBMelBlount
12-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Terrible field position and a hobbled Ben against a top shelf defense for 60 minutes is a recipe for a loss.

There is a reason the 49'ers were 10-3 and With 4 Pro Bowlers Banged up or out ( Ben, Harrison, Pouncey & Woodley ), I was not surprised by the outcome.

Game goats?

Ben, Starks and coaches.

GBMelBlount
12-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Kugler.

THIS ^^^ - We should try to grab TWO solid O-lineman in the off season.

This is why our "high" octane offense scores 20 points a game. With an upgraded line we could be putting 10 more points on the board.

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2011, 08:56 AM

That actually made me smile. Good way to look on the bright side :)

Godfather
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Game balls: Troy, Clark, and Mendy. Let's not forget Mendy broke off a few long runs...it was just that if he got stuffed even once it was the end of the drive. That's asking too much of a RB.

Game goats: Tomlin and Ben. I appreciate Ben's effort but if you can't play effectively you're just hurting the team. Tomlin is the bigger goat for not putting the old man in.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-20-2011, 09:11 AM
How can you blame anybody??

Ben was terrible, but playing on 1 leg. Woodley also. Essex, Legursky and Foster as you interior line????? Keenan Lewis and William Gay were giving up the short passes. If anybody, I blame Harrison for taking that shot on McCoy and having to miss a game when he was badly needed.

Animal Mother
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
I blame the transformer that exploded in the parking lot.

st33lersguy
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM
The entire team. The defense knew their QB was wounded, they knew the offense was playing a fantastic defense. They themselves were playing a rather sub-par offense against the worst starting QB to lead his team into this year's playoffs. Yet the defense gives up 20 points and allows Smith to move the ball on them quite well. The offense traveled into San Fran territory a few times but only mustered 3 points. A lot of missed opportunities, Ben was horrible and should have been pulled, the O-line was awful, and the clock management at the end of the first half was as bad as Matt Hasselbeck in Super Bowl 40

tube517
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
My game ball goes to Jerrico Cotchery. 5 catches 93 yards. He showed up to play. I hope he gets re-signed.

BigNastyDefense
12-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Entire team. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching staff.

steelreserve
12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Have to give it to Ben. I know he wasn't 100%, but at some point, if you're going to suit up and play, you have to do better than that.

I honestly didn't think the defense was as bad as people are saying. They gave up that one bad drive in the second half, but they really got put behind the 8-ball a lot because we were outplayed so badly on offense and special teams. Not a whole lot they could do.

GBMelBlount
12-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Entire team. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching staff.

Can you be a little more general please?

Moose
12-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I also give the whole herd of GOATS and the shit they drop in the pasture to the entire black/gold on last nights game. Offense, defense, special teams, coaches- everyone, no exceptions. Ben looked like a damn flag pole out there, just standing there and throwing....with no accuracy, he should have been benched....what's better, 50% ben or 100% batch/dixon ? Tomlin should be held accountable for the amount of readiness this team had, or lack of, after being off for 10 days.....PATHETIC show of talent !! For some reason this team never seems to be able to take care of business when needed.

86WARD
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I say majority of the team deserves the game goat but, Troy and Ryan. They were the only ones who showed up.

This. I'd add Brown to that list as well. The rest from top to bottom choked up a perfect opportunity...

zulater
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
This. I'd add Brown to that list as well. The rest from top to bottom choked up a perfect opportunity...

I'd add Brown too, if he hadn't dropped what looked to be a touchdown pass on one of the games first few possessions. I think Ben threw an interception on the very next play. Score the touchdown there and the game takes on a different complexion.