PDA

View Full Version : Is Tomlin Failing Us ?

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Just sayin.... Sooo much talent on this team... but we can't win the BIG games anymore ??? Just sayin based on observations. I see a "slow" decline... I'm I the only one ?

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Here we go. :rolleyes:

zulater
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Terrible game. He sucked tonight no doubt. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We got 3 weeks to get this together.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM

"Just sayin based on observations." Can't deny the basics...

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:00 PM
He's failing us now. Why the fuck is Ben still in there? If Ben gets hurt, Tomlin is a jackass! the game's over. Deal with it Mike! Don't get your qb killed.

Carolina Steelers
12-19-2011, 11:01 PM
I dont think so. We have 3 turnovers tonight on offense, and caused 0. but i do understand what ur saying we will have 4 losses all against elite teams Ravens (2), Texans, and now 49ers all 3 playoff teams. Our defense is playing solid this yr but not getting turnovers or splash plays, no sacks,

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Tomlin doesn't know when to pull the plug. what an idiot! This game is over, what the fuck does he think he's proving keeping Ben in there? He did the same thing in the opener. He never learns. Idiot!

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:04 PM
"Just sayin based on observations." Can't deny the basics...

So what should we do? Fire him? There's a couple retreads available.

I just get sick and tired of the Sky is Falling, Fire Everybody threads after every fucking loss.

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
He needs to sit Ben. No need for him to be in there now.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
OVERREACTION

c'mon man

JayC
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
bench ben until the playoffs. next 2 games mean nothing as far as im concerned. im just so pissed we had this golden chance and did what we always do anymore in big games. i love tomlin but thread starter isn't delusional in my books. he needs to do a better job. if you add up all our prime time games highlights im sure they are about as good as the colts would've been, aka awful

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:07 PM
53-25 of his career with 2 super bowl apparence in 4 years,but Tomlin sucks!:toofunny:

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:07 PM
But, in the long run, Tomlin's not failing us. Jeez, they made the playoffs even with some piss poor performances this year. They still managed to get in the dance. Should we just fire Tomlin now?

Edman
12-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Seriously? This thread is retarded with a capital R.

Traveling across the country to play a good team with a hobbled team missing their best defender to a suspension. The odds were stacked against Tomlin tonight. Squandered a golden opportunity, but it's one game.

pepsyman1
12-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't think Tomlin is failing us, but I think he needs to do something about this offense. The fact that Ben is still in there is showing some really bad judgement on Tomlin's part.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Impossible to won a game against a 10-3 team with a turnovers ratio of -3

JayC
12-19-2011, 11:12 PM

Traveling across the country to play a good team with a hobbled team missing their best defender to a suspension. The odds were stacked against Tomlin tonight. with all on the line you didn't expect a much better game plan? i sure did. even with a battered qb and no silverback. not too mention like 11 or so days to prepare

X-Terminator
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Thought I'd drop in to see if we have any overreaction threads, and...yep, here it is. Yeah, let's fire Tomlin and hire Andy Reid.

My night here is officially done.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
-4 now and -11 for the season

steeldevil
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Ben should have been out by now. Thats on Tomlin.

Other than that...

Are you fucking kidding me???

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM
53-25 of his career with 2 super bowl apparence in 4 years,but Tomlin sucks!:toofunny:

I don't think so. The Steelers I know would have NOT lost this game. I've been noticing this for a while but just have not said anything: "Steelers have a problem with big games now !!!" Seriously !!! No joking around. The D does not get turnovers, no running game, O-line STILL sucks. We have a 1st class WR team... but can't get 3 pts tonight (and have been struggling all season in this area in big games). Ben is hurt, yes, but he's moved around MORE than Brady tonight... no excuses. And I'm not talking about past successes, I'm talking about this year and part of last year. And I'm not telling you what I think, I'm telling you what I "see".... now !

zulater
I don't think Tomlin is failing us, but I think he needs to do something about this offense. The fact that Ben is still in there is showing some really bad judgement on Tomlin's part.

It's beyond stupid!

tube517
Thought I'd drop in to see if we have any overreaction threads, and...yep, here it is. Yeah, let's fire Tomlin and hire Andy Reid.

My night here is officially done.

Or how about Coughlin or Jason Garrett. :rofl2:

Craic
http://www.animenews.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sky-is-falling-small.jpg

JayC

My night here is officially done.i did not see where it said fire tomlin by anyone else or the TS. he just lets ben stay in games like he don't give a fuck, BAD clock management like he leaves it all up to ben to waste the clock @ the end of the 2nd, kicking with sushi when we should punt throughout the year, etc..he deserves some blame

also i love tomlin and wouldn't trade him for any coach

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:16 PM
i did not see where it said fire tomlin by anyone else or the TS. he just lets ben stay in games like he don't give a fuck, BAD clock management like he leaves it all up to ben, kicking with sushi when we should punt throughout the year, etc

FAILING kinda suggests a change should be made, no?

GodfatherofSoul
12-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Ben had 2 crappy INTs that turned momentum when we were driving early. Even if you're injured, you have to play within your limits. Defense ceded the 49ers the short game all day and made yet another mediocre QB look like a hall-of-famer.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't think so. The Steelers I know would have NOT lost this game. I've been noticing this for a while but just have not said anything: "Steelers have a problem with big games now !!!" Seriously !!! No joking around. The D does not get turnovers, no running game, O-line STILL sucks. We have a 1st class WR team... but can't get 3 pts tonight (and have been struggling all season in this area in big games). Ben is hurt, yes, but he's moved around MORE than Brady tonight... no excuses. And I'm not talking about past successes, I'm talking about this year and part of last year.

Relax

10-4 is good

fansince'76
Or how about Coughlin or Jason Garrett. :rofl2:

Nope, I want Jack Del Rio!

Craic
I don't think so. The Steelers I know would have NOT lost this game. I've been noticing this for a while but just have not said anything: "Steelers have a problem with big games now !!!" Seriously !!! No joking around. The D does not get turnovers, no running game, O-line STILL sucks. We have a 1st class WR team... but can't get 3 pts tonight (and have been struggling all season in this area in big games). Ben is hurt, yes, but he's moved around MORE than Brady tonight... no excuses.

What Steelers are those? 'Cause the Steelers that come from Pittsburgh have a history of losing these kind of games... unless you go back to the 1970's.

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Ben had 2 crappy INTs that turned momentum when we were driving early. Even if you're injured, you have to play within your limits. Defense ceded the 49ers the short game all day and made yet another mediocre QB look like Joe Montana.

fixe

smokin3000gt
Definitely failing us. If we don't get clinch first seed, we should take a good hard look at our coach.

/sarcasm

polamalubeast
Nope, I want Jack Del Rio!

No,Norv Turner!

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:19 PM

Traveling across the country to play a good team with a hobbled team missing their best defender to a suspension. The odds were stacked against Tomlin tonight. Squandered a golden opportunity, but it's one game.

Not a valid excuse, they were missing some players too. That said I disagree with the premise of the thread. but Tomlin is being an idiot by continuing to play Ben after the game's outcome was no longer in doubt. and he did the same thing in the season opener. He doesn't learn. Makes me wonder about him? Seriously if Ben suffered a season ending injury after the score became 20-3, I would want him fired!

Craic
12-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Bingo.

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM
No,Norv Turner!

Cam Cameron

zulater
Is Ben a rookie? Is he being punished? Why the hell does he keep sending him out there? This is beyond stupid! :frusty: If Ben gets injured Tomlin should resign!

JayC
even if we went 0-16 i wouldn't fire tomlin if it were up to me. just arians :lol:

but um yeah, i think he let's ben have too much control or something. no reason we should have wasted the clock at the end of the 2nd like that. instead of standing there waiting for ben to do something, call a damn timeout . and some of these games ben should be out when theres a few minute left and getting sacked every other play. he's still my favorite coach and that won't change anytime soon.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I know what you guys are saying.... but I respectfully disagree. Steelers HAVE declined. Unless Tomlin makes some changes... I'm stickin to it !

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:25 PM
The thread title should be changed to is Tomlin retarded?

Gee maybe he can take his time outs and get Ben the ball back and see if he can take a few more hits before the fucking night is over!

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Good thing the Steelers are not 6-10 as in 2003.

Surely many wanted fired Cowher, but the Steelers kept him and they had an amazing 15-1 in 2004

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Good thing the Steelers are not 6-10 as in 2003.

Surely many wanted fired Cowher, but the Steelers kept him and they had an amazing 15-1 in 2004

Dude, the Nation called for Cowher's head from 1998-2005 and didn't STFU until we won XL.

Dodt
12-19-2011, 11:27 PM
call me on the fire tomlin thread when there is 3 in a row 1- 15 season. ben is hurt . yeah i am ticked at the loss but oh well . just play hard through the playoffs and if we don't make it to the superbowl draft a decent backup qb or someone to help the oline.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Lost to this weak AZZZZZZZZZZZ team ! Not only the Ravens, but the HARBS swept the Steelers ... lol. I don't see the magic this year guys...

steelerdude15
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Tomlin shouldn't be fired nor is he failing us. He's one of the best coaches in the NFL and has proven this time after time. Losing him would be detrimental to this team. Tonight's depressing game shouldn't make us feel he should be gone.

BlastFurnace
12-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Tomlin, as a body of work hasn't failed us. Keeping Ben in a blowout is just a plain Stupid decision by Tomlin.

I'd sit Ben until the playoffs. Same thing with Woodley, Polamalu, Sanders, and Pouncey.

steeldevil
12-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh god we can't win the sb EVERY year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can still win the sb too....

But still, FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh god we can't win the sb EVERY year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can still win the sb too....

But still, FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one said "Fire"... but did say "failing"

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Ok. Time to watch "Parallel Universes" and " Super String Physics".... something a lil more easier to grasp than Steeler football....lol.

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:33 PM

Which kinda connotes that he should be replaced. No?

It's fine - we're all pissed, and I understand that.

polamalubeast
Tomlin, as a body of work hasn't failed us. Keeping Ben in a blowout is just a plain Stupid decision by Tomlin.

I'd sit Ben until the playoffs. Same thing with Woodley, Polamalu, Sanders, and Pouncey.

agree

JayC
i think a lot of people like myself are just pissed about the game. after we wake up we may even be embarrassed by our posts.i usually am when we lose lol .

polamalubeast
Tomlin on the hot seat?

Shoes
12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
This sounds like the Raven forum after the rats loss yesterday........pretty sad.

steeldevil
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM

So then we should keep the failing coach?

stillers4me
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Doooooooods!! Chill out.

Did the 49'ers beat a healthy fully loaded Steelers team in our house tonight?

Half a Ben, no Harrison, no Pouncy, half a Woodley for half a game, and absolutely no calls going our way all night long, on the West coast in a piece of shit stadium that couldn't even keep the lights on.

Take a pill.

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
i think a lot of people like myself are just pissed about the game. after we wake up we may even be embarrassed by our posts.i usually am when we lose lol .

Yep. Folks need to vent. This was a really frustrating loss.

steelerdude15
12-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say that we still have two games to go and no matter what, we are still in the playoffs. Even though we are upset, we'll get over this. We could still win the division and if the Patriots lose another, we could still be the number one seed. Anything is possible. Goodnight everybody.

steeldevil
I'll just be honest:

This stupid ass thread is an example of why so many people hate Steelers fans. Other than the Steelers being good and people being jealous.

zulater
Seriously Colbert or Art III need to sit Tomlin down and explain to him when you pull your franchise quarterback! Hell Ben had no business playing at all tonight.

Anyone remember when was the last time Ben played like this was?

When Cowher played him in Oakland the week after he was knocked out cold in Atlanta! Another game he had no business playing in! Ben doesn't know when to pull himself! One of these days hopefully we'll have someone in the orginization who will be smart enough to make the decision for him!

Tomlin was a dumbass tonight! No excuse for that sort of idiocy!

SteelerEmpire
Tomlin on the hot seat?

Negative. We all know Tomiln will get 3-20 yrs before he leaves in this organization... but when we spot a developing trend, I think as a "real" Steeler fans we should say something about it. I'm the BIGGEST Tomlin fan ever... THAT'S WHY I'm speaking out NOW..... BEFORE it gets chronic...!!!

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Seriously Colbert or Art III need to sit Tomlin down and explain to him when you pull your franchise quarterback! Hell Ben had no business playing at all tonight.

Anyone remember when was the last time Ben played like this was?

When Cowher played him in Oakland the week after he was knocked out cold in Atlanta! Another game he had no business playing in! Ben doesn't know when to pull himself! One of these days hopefully we'll have someone in the orginization who will be smart enough to make the decision for him!

Tomlin was a dumbass tonight! No excuse for that sort of idiocy!

for tonight,yes

GodfatherofSoul
12-19-2011, 11:40 PM

I third that. Just talked to my dad. He suggested in the 2nd quarter that Ben should've been on a short leash to see if he was up to playing, then pull him if he couldn't get it done. I'd rather have watched short yardage runs and dink-and-dunk passes from Batch than the 49ers teeing off on us. Woodley should be slapped for attempting to get on the field yet again and getting hurt.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
I'll just be honest:

This stupid ass thread is an example of why so many people hate Steelers fans. Other than the Steelers being good and people being jealous.

I see what you guys are sayin... but I'm sticking to my point... period.

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
for tonight,yes

And the season opener. When a game's decided if you have a franchise type qb, you don't just keep dropping him back subjecting him to hit after hit when there's absolutely nothing to be gained!

Bad games happen. I can deal with that, even though it pisses me off. You lose Big Ben for the playoffs after that game goes 20-3 it's gonna be a long time before I can say Tomlin's name without spitting!

tube517
12-19-2011, 11:47 PM
This thread is schizophrenic. It's really 2 threads.

Has Tomlin failed us thus far? No. No. Fuck no.

Was Tomlin an idiot for leaving Ben in the game? Hell yes. He had no business being in there, especially late in the 4th. None.

zulater
12-19-2011, 11:48 PM

Was Tomlin an idiot for leaving Ben in the game? Hell yes. He had no business being in there, especially late in the 4th. None.

I'm only on board for point 2! :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2011, 11:59 PM

Just sayin. Any prime time game or big game, bet against the Steelers if you want to increase your $$$. That's it...

BigNastyDefense
12-20-2011, 12:00 AM
I am not going to read all the garbage being posted in this thread.

The Steelers clinched a playoff spot already. We lost this game with two backups on the offensive line, a one legged QB, and a defense that was on the field way too long.

Is Tomlin failing us? I damn sure don't think so.

Should Ben have been pulled from the game when it became 20-3? Yeah. But he's a fighter and probably didn't want to come out. He never believes the game is over until the clock reaches 0:00.

I think since the WC is likely the best we'll get and there isn't much of a difference between the #5 and #6 seeds, Ben rests the next two weeks so he can be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

But Tomlin failing us? People really need to stop overreacting to losses because it makes this message board unbearable sometimes.

BigNastyDefense
12-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Just sayin. Any prime time game or big game, bet against the Steelers if you want to increase your $$$. That's it...

Before this game, Tomlin was 6-0 on MNF. He had won most of his SNF games and I think undefeated on Thursday night games. He's won one Super Bowl and two AFC Championships.....yeah, that sounds like a guy that can't win primetime or big games.

smokin3000gt
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM

The Steelers clinched a playoff spot already. We lost this game with two backups on the offensive line, a one legged QB, and a defense that was on the field way too long.

Should Ben have been pulled from the game when it became 20-3? Yeah. But he's a fighter and probably didn't want to come out. He never believes the game is over until the clock reaches 0:00.

I think since the WC is likely the best we'll get and there isn't much of a difference between the #5 and #6 seeds, Ben rests the next two weeks so he can be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

But Tomlin failing us? People really need to stop overreacting to losses because it makes this message board unbearable sometimes.

Even more embarrassing is this stuff goes all over twitter and facebook.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:08 AM

Just sayin. Any prime time game or big game, bet against the Steelers if you want to increase your $$$. That's it... In addition, my observations aren't only based on this game. There would have been (and HAS been) similar results when Ben was healthy, but we "squeezed" out a win because the opponent was not A1. We will be fortunate to make it deep into the playoffs. This is a very "blurry" team. I have "hope" that things will turn around, but not the "blind hope".

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Before this game, Tomlin was 6-0 on MNF. He had won most of his SNF games and I think undefeated on Thursday night games. He's won one Super Bowl and two AFC Championships.....yeah, that sounds like a guy that can't win primetime or big games.

Once again. I'm talking about THIS year.

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 12:10 AM

How many wins or losses do you get for a prime time game?

I'm suggesting we all chill, have a couple of beers (or more), and then fire Tomlin, hire Russ Grimm and have a whole lot more beers. ;)

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I dont think so. We have 3 turnovers tonight on offense, and caused 0. but i do understand what ur saying we will have 4 losses all against elite teams Ravens (2), Texans, and now 49ers all 3 playoff teams. Our defense is playing solid this yr but not getting turnovers or splash plays, no sacks,

EXACTLY !!! CAN'T WIN BIG GAMES ANYMORE !!! THAT'S what I'm saying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheesh....

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 12:17 AM

You'd prefer to lose to sub-.500 teams (see Ravens), then?

polamalubeast
EXACTLY !!! CAN'T WIN BIG GAMES ANYMORE !!! THAT'S what I'm saying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheesh....

It's the same in 2010.

The record against the top teams in the season, I do not care since the Giants won the super bowl in 2007 even though they were 1-5 against the playoff team in the season.

zulater
sheesh....

So what are you going to say when they find themselves in the AFC title game for the 3rd time in Tomlin's 5 years?

It was a bad game. A real bad one. But they're still 10-4, going to the playoffs, and will probably advance once there assuming they're healthy and no key players are suspended.

tube517
12-20-2011, 12:21 AM
How many wins or losses do you get for a prime time game?

I'm suggesting we all chill, have a couple of beers (or more), and then fire Tomlin, hire Bobby Petrino and have a whole lot more beers. ;)

A small correction.......
He is a proven winner. :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:25 AM
So what are you going to say when they find themselves in the AFC title game for the 3rd time in Tomlin's 5 years?

It was a bad game. A real bad one. But they're still 10-4, going to the playoffs, and will probably advance once there assuming they're healthy and no key players are suspended.

I hope so. But honestly, Steelers 'used' to play down to their "better" opponents and then 'find a way to win'. Now we play down to better opponents and keep playing down. Now hopefully i'm wrong, but I'm usually good at calling it up or down WITH THE STEELERS.... I'm going thumbs down this year. Sure. We can be the team's were supposed to beat. Sprinkle a bit of Patriots on there as well. But that "back-bone" is missing on this one... even with our starters I see the same symptoms. AGAINST GOOD TEAMS... thumbs down. Correct me if I'm wrong... every BIG GAME... we blow.

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 12:27 AM
bench ben until the playoffs. next 2 games mean nothing as far as im concerned. im just so pissed we had this golden chance and did what we always do anymore in big games. i love tomlin but thread starter isn't delusional in my books. he needs to do a better job. if you add up all our prime time games highlights im sure they are about as good as the colts would've been, aka awful

Maybe this season but not always, short memory

zulater
12-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I hope so. But honestly, Steelers 'used' to play down to their "better" opponents and then 'find a way to win'. Now we play down to better opponents and keep playing down. Now hopefully i'm wrong, but I'm usually good at calling it up or down WITH THE STEELERS.... I'm going thumbs down this year. Sure. We can be the team's were supposed to beat. Sprinkle a bit of Patriots on there as well. But that "back-bone" is missing on this one... even with our starters I see the same symptoms. AGAINST GOOD TEAMS... thumbs down. Correct me if I'm wrong... every BIG GAME... we blow.

The big games haven't started yet. We haven't lost anything that can't be overcome now have we? :coffee:

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:32 AM
The big games haven't started yet. We haven't lost anything that can't be overcome now have we? :coffee:

Nope. We'll see. But we have'nt capitalized when he had the chance either.

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 12:33 AM
On point 2, Tomlin should have pulled Ben with 9 minutes left down 3 scores. He took a real un needed risk there.

Other than that he does a good job

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Funny thing is the last two times we came off a Super Bowl appearance we didn't even make the playoffs the following year. And now we have a playoff spot locked, are 1/2 back of the division lead- in the toughest division in football, and Tomlin somehow is failing.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Funny thing is the last two times we came off a Super Bowl appearance we didn't even make the playoffs the following year. And now we have a playoff spot locked, are 1/2 back of the division lead in, the toughest division in football, and Tomlin somehow is failing.

Good thing we had as many easy teams on our schedule this year.... we lost to all the good ones except the pats.

zulater
12-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Good thing we had as many easy teams on our schedule this year.... we lost to all the good ones except the pats.

Well if we suck, how are there any easy games out there for us to win? Because remember we suck.

Hey the Packers got room over on their bandwagon, maybe you can catch it before the season's out?

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 12:51 AM

And do you remember losing to the Browns the year after we won our last Super Bowl? How about the game against the Raiders following the Super Bowl previous to that?

And by the way, how is a game against the NFC San Fran Niners bigger than the two games against the AFC playoff contending, division rival, Bengals? I know it was a prime time game but that doesn't make it more important.

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Well if we suck, how are there any easy games out there for us to win? Because remember we suck.

Hey the Packers got room over on their bandwagon, maybe you can catch it before the season's out?

No they lost yesterday. I think the wagon has split between the Saints and the Pats.

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 12:57 AM

Seems to me we had a bunch of "easy" games in 2009 too. It's the NFL, not the NCAA. There are no "LSU vs. Helen Keller School for the Blind" matchups at the NFL level. The other teams, even the "bad" ones, are paid professionals too.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Negative. Don't fault me if I speak my opinion.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Keep it up my Steeler bros.... I'm gonna bring this tread back up in a few weeks...

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Keep it up my Steeler bros.... I'm gonna bring this tread back up in a few weeks...

And if they shock the world and win it all (see 2005), then what will you say?

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
And if they shock the world and win it all (see 2005), then what will you say?

Go Steelers

zulater
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Negative. Don't fault me if I speak my opinion.

Your opinion comes off as a spoiled brat then. Think about what it's like to be Browns fan, A Bengals fan, A Cardinal's fan etc... You think Lions fans are complaining about the lack of quality wins 'bout now? Jeezus, the Steelers give you a competitive team almost every year, and you're complaining because their 10 wins so far this year aren't to your liking? :frusty: wow, just wow!

I guess you'd divorce your Super Model wife ( if you had one) if the eggs were too runny then?

zulater
12-20-2011, 01:07 AM

And if you do so, do you really think you're going to get a groundswell to say, "oh wow, Tomlin is really failing us, we really need to think about getting rid of him. You know, because he's only got us to the Super Bowl twice in his 5 seasons! Failing bum!"

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Your opinion comes off as a spoiled brat then. Think about what it's like to be Browns fan, A Bengals fan, A Cardinal's fan etc... You think Lions fans are complaining about the lack of quality wins 'bout now? Jeezus, the Steelers give you a competitive team almost every year, and you're complaining because their 10 wins so far this year aren't to your liking? :frusty: wow, just wow!

I guess you'd divorce your Super Model wife ( if you had one) if the eggs were too runny then?

Your failing to see my point z my bud. I'm saying here recently about this teams performance in BIG GAMES...

zulater
12-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Your failing to see my point z my bud. I'm saying here recently about this teams performance in BIG GAMES...

What I'm saying is that even if you're right, so what? If this is our bad year, then I guess we'll just have to live with it. Tomlin's main failure tonight was not pulling Ben late in the game.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
What I'm saying is that even if you're right, so what? If this is our bad year, then I guess we'll just have to live with it. Tomlin's main failure tonight was not pulling Ben late in the game.

Yep. We will have our bad years. But I'm pretty confident that this is one of them. Just my conclusion.

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Bad year? 10-4, playoff spot clinched with two very winnable games coming up. A ton of young players with loads of upside for years to come. This is a bad year? SMH.

1985-1988. THOSE were bad years. Teams that were fairly bereft of talent on either side of the ball, and a good chunk of the few players that were actually worth a shit (Webster, Stallworth, Shell) were on their last legs. Teams that truly required a long building process to become a contender again. Most younger Steelers fans have a very limited perspective on what a truly bad year, and even less perspective on what a bad Steelers team looks like.

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Steelers can't win big games... that's my story and I'm sticking to it !

oneforthetoe
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Yep. We will have our bad years. But I'm pretty confident that this is one of them. Just my conclusion.

Bad year? 10+ wins and a playoff spot?

Oh how we forget the 80's.

Steeldude
12-20-2011, 01:48 AM
it was only the 14th game. no big deal.

are the fans from week one seeing why it's important to win every game?

XxKnightxX
12-20-2011, 04:01 AM
http://medicdiaries.com/files/2011/04/humblepie.png
Anyone Hungry?

We all make mistakes, HCs do them as well, especially only one in his 4th year. I think he was a bit too lenient and should of either benched ben, pulled him out when things got bad, or just put him as an inactive. It sucks, but You gotta challenge the rest of your team. Everyone thought maybe Ben would pull of a Marino but ended up playing like Brett Favre. Lets sign him too while were at it since he failed us .

Its whatever, we lost . Im not mad, im disappointed, wasted opportunities, but this is the growing pains of a Steeler team that needs to be brought back down to earth a few times, just like any other team. I dont care, our team is in the playoffs, and other teams and/or fans would kill to be in our position .

HometownGal
12-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Bad year? 10-4, playoff spot clinched with two very winnable games coming up. A ton of young players with loads of upside for years to come. This is a bad year? SMH.

1985-1988. THOSE were bad years. Teams that were fairly bereft of talent on either side of the ball, and a good chunk of the few players that were actually worth a shit (Webster, Stallworth, Shell) were on their last legs. Teams that truly required a long building process to become a contender again. Most younger Steelers fans have a very limited perspective on what a truly bad year, and even less perspective on what a bad Steelers team looks like.

A-Freakin'-Men. :applaudit: Couldn't have said it better myself.

stillers4me
12-20-2011, 05:13 AM

Does the Patriots game ring a bell??

The Rats lost to the Seahawks, the Jags, and the Titans. I guess those 3 games look pretty big right now.

suitanim
12-20-2011, 05:17 AM
I expected a bunch of stupid threads like this...

Count Steeler
12-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but Tomlin is not the problem on this team. He is not perfect, but he is a keeper.

We will not be a SB caliber team until the FO wakes up and gets serious about putting some protection in front of Ben. NO MORE EXCUSES. We should have at least 5 above average linemen and 2-3 elite. We have Pouncey (if his health is not becoming an issue) who I would class as elite. Gilbert is young and has potential. Starks is above average, so far in this stint, although he looked turnstilish last night. Our guards need to be addressed. Essex, Foster, Kemo, Legursky I would classify as average. Jonathan Scott, nuff said.

X-Terminator
12-20-2011, 07:24 AM
I get to work and read this thread due to my masochism...and I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off too.

Have fun, folks.

steeldevil
12-20-2011, 07:37 AM

Yep. Exactly what I meant when I said 'this dumbass thread is an example of why so many people hate Steelers fans.'

Spoiled rotten.

zulater
12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Seems to me we had a bunch of "easy" games in 2009 too. It's the NFL, not the NCAA. There are no "LSU vs. Helen Keller School for the Blind" matchups at the NFL level. The other teams, even the "bad" ones, are paid professionals too.

Good post.

Bluecoat96
12-20-2011, 07:56 AM

Sorry I was late posting this, FS 76

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/sky-is-falling.jpg

Just George
12-20-2011, 07:57 AM
You know it could be worse you could be a Colts fan, WE have had a BAD year. The funny thing is for me, I have not complained this year, it has been painful, difficult, boring, but you know what I remain a booster. I am just happy we won ONE yeah baby!

I do find it interesting that there is a mindset among some of your fans that if we lose a game (not even a big game, what was really on the line last night win or lose) there is finger pointing. Look at Tomlin over all, is he a good coach? does he get results? is he one of the more successful coaches in the league.

Coaching Results

year age team lg G W L T % plyf W L % DVS Rank Notes

2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2007.htm)
NFL
16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2007_games.htm)

2008 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2008.htm)
NFL
16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2008_games.htm)
Super Bowl Champions

2009 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2009.htm)
NFL
16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2009_games.htm)

2010 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2010.htm)
NFL
16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2010_games.htm)
AFC Champions

2011 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/)
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2011.htm)
NFL
11 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2011_games.htm)

6 yrs

Avg Finish

5 yrs

PIT

1 yr

MIN

Games over .500: 29
Super Bowl Wins: 1
Overall Championships: 1
Conference Championships: 2
Division Championships: 4

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomlMi0.htm
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomlMi0.htm)
I can't see how anyone (no disrespect everyone has a right to an opinion) can look at who you guys are as a team and even logically ask this question though. I think this is more an emotional response vs a statistical one.

If you guys are done after first round of playoffs it was still a more successful season then A LOT of other teams. So I bet a lot of cities would like it if Tomlin was "transitioned out" for a "better" :huh: coach, I can safely say he would not be with out a job for long.

I will say this as a semi-regular poster who really likes the Steelers, but has my heart with another team. Threads like this really do seem kind of ridiculous to us casual Steelers watchers

zulater
12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Yep. Exactly what I meant when I said 'this dumbass thread is an example of why so many people hate Steelers fans.'

Spoiled rotten.

No Steeler fans are hated because we're so plentiful and take over almost any stadium we play in. Also our team is always good and that pisses of non steelers fans too.

Perhaps there's a segment of us that are spoiled. But sustained success breeds expectations, so it's human nature to take success for granted after a while I suppose.

Steeler fans as a whole are no better or worse than anyone else.

And even though I disagree with him here, Steeler Empire is a good Steeler fan and a valued poster here. I was wrong to insinuate he's a bandwagon fan, when all he's doing here is expressing his doubts born of frustration over a very poor Steeler effort.

fansince'76
12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Sorry I was late posting this, FS 76

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/sky-is-falling.jpg

:lol:

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

:lol:

steel striker
12-20-2011, 08:45 AM
PLease it's a loss and, true it was a roll of the dice to let Ben play. Time to rest Ben and, get ready for the playoffs. Hopefully Woodley can get healthy and, Harrision will be back. We all know Ben would play with one arm tied to his back if he had to. This was a great chance to seize the division lead but, that did not happen. Calm down time to get ready for the Rams then Bungals.

polamalubeast
12-20-2011, 08:48 AM

The Steelers are first in wins in the playoffs since 2008 in the NFL.

But they are not able to win the big games!

suitanim
12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
I can't take this...it's bad enough to have to suffer through an awful defeat where the team played poorly, but it's rubbing salt in open wounds to come here and have to wade through a reflexive lack of logic that's dense as chocolate pudding.

Good luck, mods!

XxKnightxX
12-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I get to work and read this thread due to my masochism...and I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off too.

Have fun, folks.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/707/nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg?1313758301

tube517
12-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Spot on, man!

http://manhattaninfidel.com/__oneclick_uploads/2011/05/isaac.jpg

shutdown
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
The Steelers are first in wins in the playoffs since 2008 in the NFL.

But they are not able to win the big games!

This stat says it all.

Be ignorant and cherry pick all you want, but the Steelers have been one of the best "big game" teams in the last handful of years.

If someone told me back in August the Steelers would finish 12-4, I would have been thrilled as I am now.

Edman
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I wonder where these "fans" were after Week 1 this year...Or in 2008 when the Steelers went down to Tennesee in December and were embarrassed, or the debacle in Philly.

Goddamnit. The Steelers had a bad game. It happens. This was their first loss in weeks and it's the end of the world again. Fire everybody. The Steelers are not allowed to lose. We sound like fans of a 4-10 team than a 10-4 team.

polamalubeast
12-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I wonder where these "fans" were after Week 1 this year...Or in 2008 when the Steelers went down to Tennesee in December and were embarrassed, or the debacle in Philly.

Goddamnit. The Steelers had a bad game. It happens. This was their first loss in weeks and it's the end of the world again. Fire everybody. The Steelers are not allowed to lose. We sound like fans of a 4-10 team than a 10-4 team.

I remember so much of the disaster game against the Eagles in 2008.

The Steelers had allowed six sacks in the 2nd quarter!

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 11:54 PM

Man after that Eagles game, I figured we were done. That was bad. This lose doesn't even frustrate me, just bound to happen.

suitanim
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
It's interesting because I don't think we're all on the same page here: I predicted we'd be 12-4 at the beginning of the season, and I leaned towards us being 13-3 if I was wrong. I'm 98% sure we will end up 12-4.

But we have struggled on the road against teams with good defenses. We flat-out got beat by the 49ers and Ratbirds on the road. We looked like crap (and the game wasn't as close as the score) against the Texans. We struggled with KC, and even stumbled a little versus the Cards (whose defense is improving). I'm not saying we're absolutely toast if we're a 5 seed. Look at GB...the Pack struggled to score against the Chiefs, too. I'm just saying that this isn't 2005. We lack the power running game and elite defense usually needed to win on the road. It will be a WAY tougher slag for us than in '05 if we aren't the #2 seed.

Animal Mother
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
To everyone saying Tomlin should sit everyone these next two weeks: What happens if the Ravens lose to the Bengals in Week 17? The division has not yet been won!

Count Steeler
12-21-2011, 05:28 PM
To everyone saying Tomlin should sit everyone these next two weeks: What happens if the Ravens lose to the Bengals in Week 17? The division has not yet been won!

Injuries are piling up. The rest may prove more beneficial than a home game.

GBMelBlount
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Just sayin.... Sooo much talent on this team... but we can't win the BIG games anymore ??? Just sayin based on observations. I see a "slow" decline... Am I the only one ?

Yes, you are pretty much the only one. lol

We went to the super bowl last year.

We may likely end up 12-4 this year.

Our younger players are coming along extremely well.

Biggest problem again this year has been injuries and O line and I don't think you can blame that all on Tomlin...

smokin3000gt
12-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes, you are pretty much the only one. lol

We went to the super bowl last year.

We may likely end up 12-4 this year.

Our younger players are coming along extremely well.

Biggest problem again this year has been injuries and O line and I don't think you can blame that all on Tomlin...

Yea, but we'd be 16-0 if we could win the big games!!

fansince'76
12-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Yea, but we'd be 19-0 every year forever and ever if we could win the big games!!

Fixed. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
12-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Yea, but we'd be 16-0 if we could win the big games!!

LOL.

Most teams (like Cleveland and Cincy) would give their left nuts to have our "problems."

Texasteel
12-21-2011, 08:04 PM
LOL.

Most teams (like Cleveland and Cincy) would give their left nuts to have our "problems."

Your so right buddy. In fact, count the SB games, and SB wins, and play off game since Tomlin has been here and most of the other 31 teams would loved to be failed like this.

Polamalu Princess
12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Your so right buddy. In fact, count the SB games, and SB wins, and play off game since Tomlin has been here and most of the other 31 teams would loved to be failed like this.I agree tenfold with both of you.

43Hitman
12-21-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked and flushed yet.

tube517
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM

http://www.vend123.com/images/cms/Image/lock.JPG

http://www.alwin-bathware.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/flush.jpg

:chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
12-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Wow. I forgot all about this tread ! I leave a few days and come back and this thread is still up and on the front page... lol. A pissed off fan's, drunk on "Joost Beer", point of view should tell us something... lol. We know we all love Tomlin and he's our man. Feel free to cancel Christmas on this thread Mods.... lol.

polamalubeast
12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
The Steelers have been horrible against the 49ers, but they were 8-2 in the last 10 game and if it would not have been the heartbreaking loss against the Ravens, they would be 9-1 in 10 games.

I still think the Steelers problems can be fixed and the steelers can win on the road in playoffs(DEN,NE,BAL,etc)

Pristas
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
This thread is pretty silly. Does anyone remember the 80's Steelers? Pre Cowher and pre Tomlin? There was at least a decade of what felt like a 500 team. Tomlin's weakness is his talking in cliche's which probably works for a while with a team, but over time you have to come up with new material to motivate. Seems like the team is still pretty well motivated. Then there are going to be days where the other team just punches you in the mouth because they want it more. Hence our four losses. The Harbaugh brothers love nothing more than beating us. Perhaps if we put as much time in the film room as they do, we might win those games. We are their Superbowl. There is also the apathetic approach that I saw from some players in interviews... the "we know them and they know us, no need to study more film" approach. It's no wonder we lost those games with sentiment like that. And a majority of that falls on Lebeau's shoulders... giving up 90+ yards to Flacco thereby giving away our number one seed. That wasn't on Tomlin.

XxKnightxX
12-23-2011, 12:53 PM
I just remember in 08 too when we lost to the Colts Giants Titans and Eagles. Everyone said were done. It sucks not winning the "popularity' matchups, but most of the time we end up winning the big one lol.

O'Malley
12-23-2011, 01:10 PM
The Steelers always end up losing to the "good" teams in the regular season, then beat them in the playoffs... Coach T is a great coach in my book... This thread should be dead..

Edman
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Now I really understand how X-T feels. This thread is a real wall banger I tell you.

smokin3000gt
12-23-2011, 02:44 PM
lol.. yea it is. It's like this after every loss though...

tube517
12-23-2011, 03:08 PM
lol.. yea it is. It's like this after every loss though...

Yep, but if we went 19-0 and won every game by 3 pts or less, people would still bitch.

smokin3000gt
12-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Yep, but if we went 19-0 and won every game by 3 pts or less, people would still bitch.

I can hear it now. "We can't decisively win games! Yea, we're 19-0 but BARELY! Our offense is vanilla, and our defense is slow!"\

HometownGal
12-24-2011, 05:07 AM
I can hear it now. "We can't decisively win games! Yea, we're 19-0 but BARELY! Our offense is vanilla, and our defense is slow!"\

You forgot about our "grab bag offense". :lol: :lol:

suitanim
12-24-2011, 08:04 AM
You forgot about our "grab bag offense". :lol: :lol:

"Predictable grab-bag option".

Which makes about as much sense as saying "Pass happy, run -based offense"

BlacknGoldBabe
12-24-2011, 08:06 AM
http://www.vend123.com/images/cms/Image/lock.JPG

http://www.alwin-bathware.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/flush.jpg

THANK YOU!!

That being said, injuries decimate teams. The Steelers are doing the best with what they've been dished. Period.

silver & black
12-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll tell you what..... I'll trade you Hue Jackson and Dmac for Tomlin, straight up. Deal?

Edman
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
HURRDURR Tomlin is failing us.