PDA

View Full Version : LB Worilds moves to left side for Steelers

stillers4me
12-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Outside linebacker Jason Worilds is expected to make his fifth start of the season tonight when the Steelers visit the San Francisco 49ers.

The difference is that, unlike in his previous four starts, Worilds will play for James Harrison instead of LaMarr Woodley.

Woodley, hampered by a hamstring injury since the end of October, is expected to start at left outside linebacker. Worilds switches to the right side while Harrison serves a one-game suspension.

The move from the left to the right side isn't expected to be too much of an adjustment for Worilds since he practices at both outside linebacker spots.

"I think I would have to drop a little more (into pass coverage) from the right side," said Worilds, who has three sacks in the Steelers' past three games. "I guess it varies each week, but I do believe there is more coverage responsibilities on the right side.".....................

Read more: LB Worilds moves to left side for Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772675.html#ixzz1gym0RUDj) http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_772675.html#ixzz1gym0RUDj

Steeldude
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
through their first 5 starts of the season... (i believe worilds has started only 5 games this season)

woodley: 19 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 pass defense, 1 INT
worilds: 22 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 pass defense, 1 forced fumble

not too shabby for a bench player

of course there is more to being a LB than just stats

Animal Mother
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Headline says "left" article says "right". Are they trying to confuse me or the 49ers?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
through their first 5 starts of the season... (i believe worilds has started only 5 games this season)

True, I dont see Worilds playing the run as strong as either Woodley or Harrison do. Hopefully that progresses better by next season. I hope he can use his quickness on Anthony Davis tonight and get to Alex Smith.

XxKnightxX
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Nonsense, plug and play system, we can put Arians and hell play well right :heh::peep: