PDA

View Full Version : Learn a Lesson...Listen To LaMarr Woodley.

86WARD
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Agzbe2ICMAANeCN.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378101_324207314263866_132914193393180_1252208_206 0399017_n.jpg

This is what happens when a rook says no to a small favor!!! lol can yall guess which rookie im talkin about??

BTW...Chris Carter's Car...

stillers4me
12-16-2011, 01:53 PM
It's a good thing he didn't piss off James. :sofunny:

fansince'76
12-16-2011, 02:29 PM
That interior is gonna be a mess. :lol:

Hindes204
That's hilarious

tube517
:rofl2:

No rookie hazing. This goes against Goodhell's NFL pansy rules. :nono:

Hindes204
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
:rofl2:No rookie hazing. This goes against Goodhell's NFL pansy rules. :nono: We should probably prepare for at least a 6 game suspension for this

Count Steeler
12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
We should probably prepare for at least a 6 game suspension for this

Yeah, how dare we have some fun?

Devilsdancefloor
12-16-2011, 04:15 PM
carter should have brought the LBers chocolate :lol:

86WARD
12-16-2011, 05:26 PM
It's so wrong...hopefully for Carter's sake and the car it's not buttered...

Hindes204
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
It's so wrong...hopefully for Carter's sake and the car it's not buttered...

The guy is slated to make $400,000+ this year, I think he'll be ok

BigNastyDefense
12-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Hahaha, now that's the good type of rookie hazing!

Count Steeler
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Moral of the story, never leave your sunroof open. Rookie mistake.

Craic
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Hahaha, now that's the good type of rookie hazing!

Exactly. This isn't at all what Goodell was talking about. THis is good, old fashioned, teaching the rookie how to listen type stuff.

SteelGhost
12-16-2011, 08:13 PM
:rofl2:

BlacknGoldBabe
12-17-2011, 05:26 AM
I guess 368 million pieces. Do I get the car? :toofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2011, 11:12 AM
The guy is slated to make $400,000+ this year, I think he'll be ok

Sorry, but I really find comments like this misguided. So the IRS comes for half of that, his agent gets his commission. Factor in that many 5th round picks dont always have a long career in the NFL and may have got a BS degree from college and he could be working for UPS in 3 years.

I find the prank funny. I just think a lot of fans misjudge players as making great money, which they might do for 3 years, but in the long run an average college grad that gets a job earning $100k a year will make more in 10 years than a day 2 NFL draft pick.

Hindes204
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry, but I really find comments like this misguided. So the IRS comes for half of that, his agent gets his commission. Factor in that many 5th round picks dont always have a long career in the NFL and may have got a BS degree from college and he could be working for UPS in 3 years.

I find the prank funny. I just think a lot of fans misjudge players as making great money, which they might do for 3 years, but in the long run an average college grad that gets a job earning $100k a year will make more in 10 years than a day 2 NFL draft pick.

Misguided my ass, I know how government works. The guy has a philosophy/pre law degree from Fresno State, I dont want to hear the poor NFL player bullshit. It was his CHOICE to go to the NFL, it was his CHOICE to choose a career that may only last 3 years, it was his CHOICE whether or not to get a decent degree in college. If anything, I find your statement absolutely misguided. I make enough money in the military to live an ok life, he makes enough money in the NFL to live a good life. And good for him, he has the talent, he should be paid. But to act like he doesnt have the money to get his car detailed after a prank is just asinine thinking.

Its a $55,000 car, not a Ferrari.

Ill break it down even further for you. He is to be paid 416,000 this year, take out the taxes and he NETS 271, 000, now thats take home pay. Take out the 3% commission for an agent, which is high for an agent, but Ill give you the benfit of a doubt, which brings his TAKE HOME PAY down to $258,000. Break it down into 12 months and into 2 week paychecks like most people get, his 2 week TAKE HOME PAY is just under $10K. Now I have nothing against him making this kind of money, it is the business he is in and I applaud him for it. But for you to say my statement is misguided just means you have no concept of what money is...or you make massive amounts of money and don't think $10K paychecks are very much.

One more thing and Im done...you said a college grad making 100K a year will make more in ten years, but Carter signed a contract for 4 years worth 2.2M. So even if the NFL doesnt work out, he made a hell of a lot of money for a couple of years, and now he has the opportunity to utilize his college degree (of his choice) to go find a job. Im not understanding your logic :noidea:

steelreserve
12-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Misguided my ass, I know how government works. The guy has a philosophy/pre law degree from Fresno State, I dont want to hear the poor NFL player bullshit. It was his CHOICE to go to the NFL, it was his CHOICE to choose a career that may only last 3 years, it was his CHOICE whether or not to get a decent degree in college. If anything, I find your statement absolutely misguided. I make enough money in the military to live an ok life, he makes enough money in the NFL to live a good life. And good for him, he has the talent, he should be paid. But to act like he doesnt have the money to get his car detailed after a prank is just asinine thinking.

Its a $55,000 car, not a Ferrari.

Ill break it down even further for you. He is to be paid 416,000 this year, take out the taxes and he NETS 271, 000, now thats take home pay. Take out the 3% commission for an agent, which is high for an agent, but Ill give you the benfit of a doubt, which brings his TAKE HOME PAY down to $258,000. Break it down into 12 months and into 2 week paychecks like most people get, his 2 week TAKE HOME PAY is $21, 541. Now I have nothing against him making this kind of money, it is the business he is in and I applaud him for it. But for you to say my statement is misguided just means you have no concept of what money is...or you make massive amounts of money and don't think $21K paychecks are very much.

One more thing and Im done...you said a college grad making 100K a year will make more in ten years, but Carter signed a contract for 4 years worth 2.2M. So even if the NFL doesnt work out, he made a hell of a lot of money for a couple of years, and now he has the opportunity to utilize his college degree (of his choice) to go find a job. Im not understanding your logic :noidea:

Basically, that not everyone in the NFL is Bill Gates. Most low-round draft picks make the league minimum, which is great by most standards in the short term, but then again their career is over within 3 years or so. Not to mention that most of these guys came from dirt-poor backgrounds, and are thankful to be making that much, so the first thing they do is buy their mother a house, help their brother move out of the ghetto, try to help their friends get off the street, etc.

This guy probably has enough to afford it for now - but the people who go around now saying "oh, come on, he can afford it" are a lot of the same ones who 5 years later are going, "lol, dumb athlete, another one who wasted all his money." That's fine if you're talking about a starter who makes $4 million a year, but for a lot of these fifth-round picks on special teams, not so much.

This is one of the most hilarious pranks I've seen, by the way.

Hindes204
12-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I edited my math, I looked again and it didnt seem to add up. However, clearing $10K a paycheck is still some pretty damn good pay.

And Steelreserve, I understand your point, but still disagree. The league minimum is $355,000. That is more money than millions of people make. Most of these guys also have degrees to fall back on, albeit some aren't the greatest degrees, but that was their choice on what degree to pursue. As far as them being from poor backgrounds and buying family members houses etc, that's great for them to do, but they should live within their means just like everyone else should. It comes down to personal responsibility and planning for the future.

So I stand by my original statement, even for rookies, and repeat it ...oh cmon, he can afford it...because HE CAN

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all begrudging these guys for making that kind of money, I hope to someday be making that kind of money and am working my ass off now in order to set myself up to get there, but the point remains that they can afford it, that's all I'm saying.

steelreserve
12-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I edited my math, I looked again and it didnt seem to add up. However, clearing $10K a paycheck is still some pretty damn good pay.

And Steelreserve, I understand your point, but still disagree. The league minimum is $355,000. That is more money than millions of people make. Most of these guys also have degrees to fall back on, albeit some aren't the greatest degrees, but that was their choice on what degree to pursue. As far as them being from poor backgrounds and buying family members houses etc, that's great for them to do, but they should live within their means just like everyone else should. It comes down to personal responsibility and planning for the future.

So I stand by my original statement, even for rookies, and repeat it ...oh cmon, he can afford it...because HE CAN

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all begrudging these guys for making that kind of money, I hope to someday be making that kind of money and am working my ass off now in order to set myself up to get there, but the point remains that they can afford it, that's all I'm saying.

It's cool, I get your point, and I'm not really trying to call you out on it or anything. I'm really just trying to point out something that's kind of a tangent but a sad state of affairs nonetheless. You're right that these guys make good money and ought to be able to have pretty comfortable lives if they lived within their means, planned for the future, etc. But the stark reality is that a lot of these guys are not really prepared for that, for a lot of the same reasons you see some of them getting trouble with the law or making other foolish decisions while they're in the league.

You or I might say "OK, I'm going to make about $400K for the next three years, the first thing I'll do is make sure I have my house paid off and maybe put aside $100K to start a business." It might seem downright foolish not to take those kinds of precautions. But take a guy who, for example, didn't have a dad around, grew up around a bunch of drunks and drug addicts, had no discipline and got a bad education -- it's no wonder they don't handle it in a way we would say shows a lot of foresight. I mean, put a 21-year-old kid with that kind of background straight into the NFL, and he's being thrust into a lifestyle he's completely unprepared for. And given the way the athletics/academics balance works in a lot of schools, his degree may or may not do him any good ... you can enough free passes (including getting into college to begin with) that you end up with a perfectly legitimate degree, but still not be cut out to use it.

I'm not saying ALL pro athletes are like that, mind you. But a good enough percentage that it's no surprise to see those kinds of things. Not trying to put these guys down. It's just a sad fact that even though it looks like pro athletes have it all, and how could you fuck it up if you had any brains at all ... well, there are reasons for it that don't make sense to a lot of people, but they're there all the same.

tube517
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Woodley shouldn't be leaning that way on the car. It could hurt his hamstring even more. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I wasnt trying to call anybody out with my post, but rather point out that a rookie 5th round pick in a league with no guaranteed contracts isnt necessarily set for life. Yeah, he can get his car detailed, heck anybody on this board can afford that. I just think that a lot of fans think that rookie NFL players like Carter that are supposed to make $400k this year are set.

I dont know what Cameron Stevenston, another 5th round Steeler pick a few years ago made, but the guy didnt last 2 years in the NFL and if he didnt have a decent degree and job, then many here on this board will make more than some players over a 10 year span.

I still think some pranks are funny, this one is, but the comment that just because the guy is supposed to make $400k this year, that he will be OK ....rubbed me wrong. Many a player that had a season or 2 in the NFL is not OK.

katmandu
12-19-2011, 05:16 AM
I just think that a lot of fans think that rookie NFL players like Carter that are supposed to make $400k this year are set.

It's a fact that 75% of NFL players file for bankruptcy not long after they leave the NFL.

suitanim
12-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Anyone could have pulled this prank. Woodley is a "plug and play" prankster...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
It's a fact that 75% of NFL players file for bankruptcy not long after they leave the NFL. Interesting........link please?

Anyone could have pulled this prank. Woodley is a "plug and play" prankster...
Yeah, given his lack of hustle he probably used microwave popcorn instead of raw kernels.