PDA

View Full Version : Harrison knocked drunken Browns fan toward sobriety when he leveled him 6 yrs ago

stillers4me
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Not to glorify public intoxication and criminal trespassing, but one Cleveland Browns fan has at least some idea what it feels like to get drilled by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

It was Christmas Eve, 2005. Nathan Mallet sat about 20 rows up at midfield behind the Browns' bench as the Steelers pounded the Browns, 41-0, at Cleveland Browns Stadium. Worse, there were lots of Pittsburgh fans in his section.

"I had a little too much to drink,'' he said, "and one thing kind of led to another.''

Mallett somehow avoided security, dashed on to the field and bounced up and down, arms raised, as if he'd just scored a touchdown.

In mid-celebration, Harrison grabbed the 6-0, 200-pound Mallett from behind and body-slammed him to the turf like he was wrasslin' a steer.

"The next thing I knew, I was staring up from the ground, at James Harrison,'' said Mallett, who turns 30 on Dec. 23..............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/axk

fansince'76
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
What a memorable season 2005 was - the Bus trucking over Brian Urlacher, the Tackle, finally winning one for the thumb, and James Harrison planting that Browns fan. :lol:

Oh yeah, and it was also pre-Goodell. He'd probably get fined or suspended for "fan abuse" if the same thing were to happen now. :coffee:

stillers4me
12-15-2011, 09:53 PM
What a memorable season 2005 was - the Bus trucking over Brian Urlacher, the Tackle, finally winning one for the thumb, and James Harrison planting that Browns fan. :lol:

Oh yeah, and it was also pre-Goodell. He'd probably get fined or suspended for "fan abuse" if the same thing were to happen now. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee.gif
I'm sure James would have been fined for that, too.

Oh ...the good ole days.....

fansince'76
12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh ...the good ole days.....

Sad that we refer to the pre-Goodell era as the "good old days." It's only been six years, but it seems like a LOT longer. To be completely fair though, Goodell did come in with the best of intentions. As far as discipline goes, Tagliabue was at the completely opposite end of the spectrum - players could practically commit murder under his watch and barely get a slap on the wrist for it in most cases. The current extreme somehow seems worse, however...

NCSteeler
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Sad that we refer to the pre-Goodell era as the "good old days." It's only been six years, but it seems like a LOT longer. To be completely fair though, Goodell did come in with the best of intentions. As far as discipline goes, Tagliabue was at the completely opposite end of the spectrum - players could practically commit murder under his watch and barely get a slap on the wrist for it in most cases. The current extreme somehow seems worse, however...

or literally !