PDA

View Full Version : Another Brown caught with a gun on a plane.

zulater
07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13593665/browns-smith-charged-with-carrying-gun-in-luggage-in-nov?tag=headlines;nfl

These idiots ever hear of 9-11? I mean how the hell can you live in this country and not know that you can't have a gun in your carry on? :dizzy:

Oh well maybe Herr Goodell can add another game on to Ben's suspension so the league gets the message. :upyours:

Can a mod. please edit thread title for me? I accidently got my u before my a in caught.:o

beSteelmyheart
07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
My sentiments exactly!! How STUPID can you be?? (Oh, wait...nevermind. )

venom
07-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Show this to the Cleveland Browns when they sign a contract :

http://www.macau-airport.gov.mo/site/php/images/airport_guide_forbidden_item.jpg

BigNastyDefense
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Venom, that sign has words and photos on them. Any person willingly signing a contract with the Cleveland Browns is too stupid to understand it. It must be drawn in crayon by a kindergarten age student or lower. That would be closer to the person's IQ level.

venom
07-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Im sawry

SirHulka
07-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Believe it or not, if you carry a gun for an extended period of time, it's easy to forget you have it with you. Both of those guys travel extensively by plane. The fact that they were caught only once each proves that. But there is one question that needs answered. Since it's an obvious infraction, why did the DA wait EIGHT MONTHS before he decided to press charges?

HometownGal
07-06-2010, 07:55 AM
But there is one question that needs answered. Since it's an obvious infraction, why did the DA wait EIGHT MONTHS before he decided to press charges?

I have the same question. Things that make you go hmmmmmm (and in this case - huh?).

Still - that really wasn't the smartest move by Smith. Just about everyone with a smidgeon of a brain cell knows that you just don't carry a weapon onto an airplane.

I found him a game to play the next time he takes a plane ride . . .

http://www.bigdopedeal.com/uploads/5/7/9/4/579481/2212269.jpg

:lol:

zulater
07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Believe it or not, if you carry a gun for an extended period of time, it's easy to forget you have it with you. Both of those guys travel extensively by plane. The fact that they were caught only once each proves that. But there is one question that needs answered. Since it's an obvious infraction, why did the DA wait EIGHT MONTHS before he decided to press charges?

Geez Hulka, you think Ben is responsible for knowing the age of patrons who've been granted admission to a nightclub by a doorman who's job is to establish as much. Yet you brush off carrying a firearm onto an airplane as just one of those things that can happen when you carry a gun frequently? Holy inconsistencies batman!

steelerdude15
07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Stupidity at it's finest.

BigNastyDefense
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't carry how often you carry a firearm with you, you should ALWAYS know where it is. Ignorance is no excuse.

My uncle has a license to carry a concealed firearm and he NEVER forgets where his gun is. He has never once "accidentally" carried it onto a plane with his carry on luggage.

So I don't buy this "I forgot" bullshit for one second.

zulater
07-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't carry how often you carry a firearm with you, you should ALWAYS know where it is. Ignorance is no excuse.

My uncle has a license to carry a concealed firearm and he NEVER forgets where his gun is. He has never once "accidentally" carried it onto a plane with his carry on luggage.

So I don't buy this "I forgot" bullshit for one second.

Yeah I was always told the first rule of owning a gun is due dilligence.

SirHulka
07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Geez Hulka, you think Ben is responsible for knowing the age of patrons who've been granted admission to a nightclub by a doorman who's job is to establish as much. Yet you brush off carrying a firearm onto an airplane as just one of those things that can happen when you carry a gun frequently? Holy inconsistencies batman!

Umm....she was wearing a yellow bracelet that identified her as being under-age. And I wasn't excusing him. I was just saying I can understand it happening. I've never carried a weapon into an airport, but I can see the circumstances where it could happen. And just for the record, he didn't carry the gun onto an airplane. It was in his luggage, and was detected well before it was put on the plane.

zulater
07-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Umm....she was wearing a yellow bracelet that identified her as being under-age. And I wasn't excusing him. I was just saying I can understand it happening. I've never carried a weapon into an airport, but I can see the circumstances where it could happen. And just for the record, he didn't carry the gun onto an airplane. It was in his luggage, and was detected well before it was put on the plane.

Uh no she wasn't, because she presented a phoney I.D. when she entered the club and was being served fully before she ever entered the V.I.P area where Ben was holding court.

BnG_Hevn
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
If it was in his luggage then it was NOT on his person which means he PUT IT IN HIS LUGGAGE. So what you're saying is that because he carries a firearm around with him, you can understand that he forgot that he put it into his luggage?

I'm confused on how you can give a pass to a fellow who puts the firearm into his carry-on bag instead of his checked baggage. That to me screams stupidity. Now, if he had it in a belly band then I can see your point, but the fact that he removed it from his person and placed inside a carry-on bag instead of checked bag, there is no excuse for that except stupidity. Or maybe he did it intentionally to see if he could get away with it.

Besides, the whole "forgot you're wearing a firearm" is an even dumber excuse. If you forget you're wearing it, WHY are you wearing it?

"Im getting mugged. Oh wait, I have a pistol that I forgot I had on me". DUH.

The thing I can't stomach is when people who have absolutely no business carrying weapons carry them.

steeldawg
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM

she was not wearing a bracelet she had a fake i.d. and was bar hopping before they even ended up at that bar.

SirHulka
07-08-2010, 02:50 AM
If it was in his luggage then it was NOT on his person which means he PUT IT IN HIS LUGGAGE. So what you're saying is that because he carries a firearm around with him, you can understand that he forgot that he put it into his luggage?

I'm confused on how you can give a pass to a fellow who puts the firearm into his carry-on bag instead of his checked baggage. That to me screams stupidity. Now, if he had it in a belly band then I can see your point, but the fact that he removed it from his person and placed inside a carry-on bag instead of checked bag, there is no excuse for that except stupidity. Or maybe he did it intentionally to see if he could get away with it.

Besides, the whole "forgot you're wearing a firearm" is an even dumber excuse. If you forget you're wearing it, WHY are you wearing it?

"Im getting mugged. Oh wait, I have a pistol that I forgot I had on me". DUH.

The thing I can't stomach is when people who have absolutely no business carrying weapons carry them.

I'm not giving him a pass. I said I can UNDERSTAND how he would forget it. Understanding is still not excusing. It COULD be excused if someone else packed his bag for him, and didn't tell him, but that's the ONLY way it could be excused. I'm not saying that happened, I just saying that's the only way it could be excused. But I'd still like to know why the DA waited 8 months before he decided to press charges. I mean, it's not rocket science. It's against the law to have a gun in that area, and he had one. Simple as that. Why does it take 8 months to decide to press charges? Unless, of course, the DA is running for re-election.