PDA

View Full Version : Young Player Development

mortgageman
12-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I was hoping to hear some opinions on some of our young players. Obviously Brown is going to be a monster. What about the others? To me, it looks like Gilbert can be a very good player on our line for many years. I am not sure about Worilds yet. To me, he hasnt passed the sniff test. When Woodly was a 1st-2nd year player and only getting spot duty, you could still see the major potential. I really don't see that similar thing with Worilds. I hope I am wrong, bc we need another OLB to go along with Woodley bc James will either be kicked out of the league soon or retire. What about some of our other young guys? Which guys in the secondary have played the best/improved the most?

Edman
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Jason Worilds has improved a bit, but he hasn't been wow. Woodley had a very high ceiling. I don't see the same from Worilds.

Steeltreal
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
The backup Tight End position shows promise with Johnson and Saunders obviously not missing a beat letting Spaeth walk.

Worilds to me shows a great motor. Stats may not reflect the kind of pressure he has been bringing in the KC game (4 solos, 2 assists, a sack, and a couple of hurries) and the Cleveland game (8 solos and 2 sacks) . Hes obviously improving plus he bulked up from the little action we saw him in last season.

mortgageman
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I really like what I've seen from Saunders. I'd like to see him used a lot more down near the goal line. I think that's what this team has been missing.

tube517
12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
The rookie DBs are making contributions too. Cam Heyward is getting some plays. Looks to be a solid class this year.