PDA

View Full Version : End of the line for Kemoeatu?

stillers4me
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Some time soon, I will write a story about several Steelers who probably won't be on the team next year. But for now, I'll just focus on Chris Kemoeatu.

Now in his seventh season with the Steelers, Kemoeatu had been the starting left guard since the start of the 2008 season. But this season, due to knee injuries and poor performance, he's now a backup who's in the doghouse of coach Mike Tomlin..............

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/blogs/steel_crazy/end-of-the-line-for-kemoeatu/article_321b82b2-2679-11e1-ab83-0019bb30f31a.html#user-comment-area

43Hitman
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know if any of you guys were able to hear Tomlin's presser yesterday, but he was asked about Kemo and he said he better tighten up or he'll be out of here. Then the NFLN took those words and spliced them at the end of their piece on Harrison, making it sound like Tomlin said Harrison would be gone if he doesn't change, not Kemo. Can you believe that shit!?

Devilsdancefloor
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
If you havent watched the Tomlin conference, when he asks about Kemo his whole body language changes, Kemo is more than in his dog house i think he is close to being on the street.I think he can still be a quality LG, but it his laziness or lack of mental preparedness is killing his chances and the O

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Can only hope that Stanford Guard David DeCastro does something stupid to fall to us at the end of the 1st round.

Craic
12-14-2011, 04:31 PM
If you havent watched the Tomlin conference, when he asks about Kemo his whole body language changes, Kemo is more than in his dog house i think he is close to being on the street.I think he can still be a quality LG, but it his laziness or lack of mental preparedness is killing his chances and the O

It almost sounds like Starks, doesn't it? I think at some point, we need to clear out the rest of Russ Grimm's players that were single trick players (run) and get quality linemen.

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't know if any of you guys were able to hear Tomlin's presser yesterday, but he was asked about Kemo and he said he better tighten up or he'll be out of here. Then the NFLN took those words and spliced them at the end of their piece on Harrison, making it sound like Tomlin said Harrison would be gone if he doesn't change, not Kemo. Can you believe that shit!?

Seriously! Wow!

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM

I didn't hear it, but that's a new low even for Goodell and his henchmen.

I'd probably complain about it if I were Tomlin or Harrison, but the league would probably just blame it on some stooge.

Texasteel
12-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Can only hope that Stanford Guard David DeCastro does something stupid to fall to us at the end of the 1st round.

Can imagine anything he could do that would be that stupid, but we can always hope.

Bluecoat96
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM

With the new CBA restricting what rookies can make in their first contracts, would it be worth it to trade up if possible?

GBMelBlount
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
On the bright side, with his smoldering good looks, intelligence and engaging personality I am sure he could have a prosperous career as a sports broadcaster.....

tube517
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
On the bright side, with his smoldering good looks, intelligence and engaging personality I am sure he could have a prosperous career as a sports broadcaster.....

Why not? Siragusa's on FOX. :chuckle:

fansince'76
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Why not? Siragusa's on FOX. :chuckle:

Yes, they do not discriminate against the portly. :chuckle:

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
With the new CBA restricting what rookies can make in their first contracts, would it be worth it to trade up if possible?

Hopefully we'll be starting from spots 29-32, so probably no.

First and foremost, I really really hope we finally take care of our NT problem this year, especially with Hoke possibly gone for good.

Merchant
12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
CUT. THIS. BONEHEAD. I can't stand him anymore.

Austin87
12-15-2011, 01:52 AM
He never came close to his potential. No need to keep him around anymore.

Moose
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I heard that press conference too with Tomlin, and he did sound a little ' touchy ' on the subject of Kemo and his idiotic penalties. I came away from listening to Tomlin with the attitude that Kemo better straighten up right NOW and that his chances are done. I'd say if Kemo gets a penalty that causes a loss, he won't even have a bus seat home.

SteelerEmpire
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Considering how long this team has kept players like Gay, Sweed, Dixon, etc... around for so long after they began to become either inert or a liability, Kemo will do a LOT more damage before he's out.

mortgageman
12-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I agree with a previous post about addressing the Nose Tackle position. In our defense, that position is very important. I used to think that Kemo could be a very solid contributor to our line. Now he just seems completely out of control. His penalties are never necessary. He has good "skill" for a guard, but doesn't seem to have the right mentality.

st33lersguy
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
The Steelers should cut that neanderthal and try to draft a solid guard in the first 2 rounds

steelerdude15
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
:yup: I want him!

XxKnightxX
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Re signing him proved to be a mistake, flashes of brilliance, but constant headaches and lazy play, he turned the tide of the game against GB after getting bulldozed by Howard Greene. Inexcuseable. I wish he would of signed with the Jets instead.

fansince'76
12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Considering how long this team has kept players like Gay, Sweed, Dixon, etc... around for so long after they began to become either inert or a liability, Kemo will do a LOT more damage before he's out.

Keeping Gay wasn't really a mistake.

HometownGal
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
It almost sounds like Starks, doesn't it? I think at some point, we need to clear out the rest of Russ Grimm's players that were single trick players (run) and get quality linemen.

AMEN to that Father. :thumbsup:

No matter how you slice it, Kemo needs to GO. Period.

Count Steeler
12-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Yes, they do not discriminate against the portly. :chuckle:

But intelligence? Can't imagine him stringing together 2 intelligent sentences.

Count Steeler
12-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Some time soon, I will write a story about several Steelers who probably won't be on the team next year. But for now, I'll just focus on Chris Kemoeatu.

Now in his seventh season with the Steelers, Kemoeatu had been the starting left guard since the start of the 2008 season. But this season, due to knee injuries and poor performance, he's now a backup who's in the doghouse of coach Mike Tomlin..............

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/blogs/steel_crazy/end-of-the-line-for-kemoeatu/article_321b82b2-2679-11e1-ab83-0019bb30f31a.html#user-comment-area

He's a seven year itch that needs to be scratched. Bye, bye Kemo.

SteelGhost
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM
If the FO wants to reload the OL, Kemo has to go, plain and simple.

Count Steeler
12-16-2011, 08:45 PM

I would hope they have finally got the message that an OL is paramount, especially if you want Ben to play without crutches.

Polamalu Princess
12-16-2011, 08:49 PM
We shall see.

SteelGhost
12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I would hope they have finally got the message that an OL is paramount, especially if you want Ben to play without crutches.

:tea:

Craic
12-16-2011, 11:09 PM

I don't know what his contract is, but IMO, I'd rather keep him and unload a backup (again, if the money allows it). We do have a habit of benching/cutting players, only to see them come back and play some very good football. Ike Taylor's game took a jump after the 06 season. Twice now, Max Starks has been sat down (cut once, actually) only to come back and perform well. Gay has done a much, much better job this year. Mendenhall was benched 1 game, and came back strong.

I don't mind his penalties when he's getting them for working hard and pushes too much. It's when he gets them for hitting a guy way after the whistle that gets me.

But even so, I am still of the mindset that at some point, I can't wait to see all of Grimm's guys gone.

XxKnightxX
12-16-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't know what his contract is, but IMO, I'd rather keep him and unload a backup (again, if the money allows it). We do have a habit of benching/cutting players, only to see them come back and play some very good football. Ike Taylor's game took a jump after the 06 season. Twice now, Max Starks has been sat down (cut once, actually) only to come back and perform well. Gay has done a much, much better job this year. Mendenhall was benched 1 game, and came back strong.

I don't mind his penalties when he's getting them for working hard and pushes too much. It's when he gets them for hitting a guy way after the whistle that gets me.

But even so, I am still of the mindset that at some point, I can't wait to see all of Grimm's guys gone.

about 3.5 million dollars. Hes a goner Im sorry, Kemo is done as a starter and at that salary. If he wants to sign as a backup, thats fine with me, but we cannot keep sustaining sub par Offensive line play and having our Franchise QB getting pummeled. People may not realize it, but I dont see Ben being under center for long unless he gets a good line. You can only take so much of a beating for so long.

BlacknGoldBabe
12-17-2011, 05:23 AM
He's a seven year itch that needs to be scratched. Bye, bye Kemo.

There is no room for bone headed penalties and missed assignments on this team....period. Seems he can't focus on the task at hand rather than his next meal.