PDA

View Full Version : Harbs "Will" Help Brother Beat Steelers

SteelerEmpire
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
The Ravens could use a Steelers loss.

San Francisco plays Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football.

John Harbaugh’s brother, Jim, is the head coach of the 49ers.

Hmmm.

Not surprisingly, Harbaugh was asked whether there will be added conversation between the brothers this week. Will they talk Steelers strategy?

“Is there any NFL regulations on that that you’re aware of?” Harbaugh asked Kevin Byrne, Ravens senior vice president of Public and Community Relations.

“I think it’s fine for brothers to talk and exchange information,” Byrne said.

“I’m sure there will be some of that,” Harbaugh said with a grin.

LINK: http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/12/13/harbs-will-help-brother-beat-steelers/

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/13_Steelers49ers_A_news.jpg

suitanim
12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't really care. I think we are a better team than either of them WHEN WE EXECUTE.

Pristas
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Time to open up a can.

stillers4me
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
The fact they the NFL is super expediting James' appeal hearing tells me they don't want him in that game. They are trying to completely cripple us.

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
The fact they the NFL is super expediting James' appeal hearing tells me they don't want him in that game. They are trying to completely cripple us.

I have to ask.........why? Why would the NFL want to "cripple" the Steelers?

Aren't the Steelers one of the top three or four NFL teams by the number of fans across the US? Don't they tend to draw big ratings in big games? Wouldn't a Steelers-Packers SB rematch be a huge ratings bonanza? So if that is true, what does the NFL (or Goodell) hope to gain by handcuffing Pittsburgh in this manner? Personal vendetta?

ALLD
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Aren't the Steelers one of the top three or four NFL teams by the number of fans across the US? Don't they tend to draw big ratings in big games? Wouldn't a Steelers-Packers SB rematch be a huge ratings bonanza? So if that is true, what does the NFL (or Goodell) hope to gain by handcuffing Pittsburgh in this manner? Personal vendetta?

It can open up the #1 seed in the AFC for the Pats or Texans.

XxKnightxX
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Only more motivation for me to wish Norv pulls that magical hat out of his ass and beat those assholes and hopefully we beat or whoop the 9ers ass.

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
It can open up the #1 seed in the AFC for the Pats or Texans.

How, when both the Pats and Texans have the edge on Pittsburgh for the #1 seed as it stands right now?

BlastFurnace
12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Too bad it's not a playoff game. I'd love for John Harbaugh to give his brother advice.

X-Terminator
12-14-2011, 05:43 PM
So if that is true, what does the NFL (or Goodell) hope to gain by handcuffing Pittsburgh in this manner? Personal vendetta?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

SteelMayhem72
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I hate the haurbaugh's...fukkkin arrogant pricks!!!

SteelMayhem72
12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I think your gonna see a level of energy we havent seen all year from the steelers...harrison suspension and ben injury....im 99.9999% sure your gonna see a pissed off team and this will be a statement game!!!

stillers4me
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Ken Laird@Ken_Laird5m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/Ken_Laird/status/147420149048291328)
Arians on John Harbaugh helping bro Jim w/ advice on the #steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/search?q=%23steelers): "Prob more personnel than schemes. I'll tell him [myself] Wallace is fast

HollywoodSteel
12-15-2011, 04:02 PM
How, when both the Pats and Texans have the edge on Pittsburgh for the #1 seed as it stands right now?

The Steelers have the tie breaker over the Pats because they beat them head to head. But if either the Texans or Ravens end up with the same record, the Steelers will lose out. If the Ravens lose, but the Steelers, Pats, and Texans all win out in a three way tie then the Steelers would get the #3 seed because in a three way tie it goes to conference records as the arbiter. At least I'm pretty sure, but anyone who knows better can correct me.

As far as your other point, I agree with you. I think we Steelers fans tend to go a bit nutty (like Raiders fans) about the NFL being out to get them. I don't really think that's the case. However, I do think things tend to build on themselves and since Harrison happened to be responsible for two knock-out hits (although one was perfectly legal and the other was just awesome) on that one Sunday when the league decided to start putting their foot down about theses kinds of things, he's been looked at more critically and become the poster boy in the the War on Devastating Hits.

I believe Goodell isn't interested in vendettas against a team or even an individual. That would actually require emotions on his part. He is only interested in political expediency and the appearance of doing the proper thing. Same can be said for the Big Ben situation. He put his finger up to see which way the wind was blowing and decided that suspending him had less downside than not suspending him.

This is why I can tell you with complete certainty that Harrison's suspension will not be overturned and it will have nothing to do with justice or vendettas. There is simply no upside to Goodell (and by extension his cronies who were appointed to put more faces on this whole thing) in overturning it. He put his finger out again and knows which way the wind is blowing.

He has a promising career in politics ahead of him when his tenure as NFL Fuhror is over.

suitanim
12-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I disagree with some of that. Goodell may not have a personal vendetta against Harrison himself, but he certainly has a vendetta against a player challenging him in the fashion Harrison did. I also believe Goodell is a fan of his own power above all else.

And he has not a single iota of respect for the tradition of the game. He's willing to ruin the thing it was and turn it into something else that will be appealing to a more "European" type crowd.

It's just nonsense...he needs sacked...

polamalubeast
12-19-2011, 04:46 AM
I understand why the Ravens have been crushed by the chargers yesterday.

http://baltimore21201.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83453b09469e2013487809e0b970c-400wi

Count Steeler
12-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Ahhh! That's why Johnny lost last night, he was too busy snitching on the Steelers.

ALLD
12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Ross Tucker on Sirius is whining on holw the Ravens "SWEPT" the Steelers in the regular season, but now may not win the division. Almost like the Ravens should be appointed the division like the BCS. I guess the Steelers are in everybody's head.

Edman
12-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Who's Ross Tucker?

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Ross Tucker on Sirius is whining on holw the Ravens "SWEPT" the Steelers in the regular season, but now may not win the division.

There's 14 other games they seem to have forgotten about.

LLT
12-19-2011, 08:15 AM

Hmmmmm....Let's take a trip in the "way-back" machine and try to figure out why Goodell could be so childish when it comes to the Steelers.

"But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty — till Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”
-James Harrison

:rofl2:

Oh yeah....that might be it.