PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Woodley to Play; Ben, Pouncey Maybe

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Coach Mike Tomlin opened his press conference today by saying the Steelers will "accept" the one-game suspension of linebacker James Harrison.

Harrison cannot practice with the Steelers or even show up at their training facility. However, if he appeals as his agent has promised to do, he could be reinstated until the appeal is heard and a decision rendered.

Tomlin also categorized quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and center Maurkice Pouncey as "questionable" for Monday night's game in San Francisco, saying about their high ankle sprains "we'll see where the week takes us.''

He also said safety Troy Polamalu would be questionable with a hamstring injury.

Tomlin did issue one bit of good news, that LaMarr Woodley is expected to play.

read more

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/113850-ed-woodley-to-play-ben-pouncey-maybe

mortgageman
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
This team is very banged up. Wish we were playing the Rams this week and the niners the following one. Oh well. I hope no one rushes back as this regular season game is not worth more than getting these guys healthier for the playoffs. We especially need a healthy Troy come playoff time. We have all seen the difference between a healthy and not healthy Troy.

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 05:09 PM
ClaytonESPNJohn Clayton

Early thoughts are that Ben Roethlisberger will try to play despite a high ankle sprain. It won't be easy, though.

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
DVEMikeMike Prisuta

Tomlin expects Ziggy Hood, LaMarr Woodley to play at SF, characterizes Maurkice Pouncey, Ben Roethlisberger as "questionable at this point."

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Arians always seems to have a better game plan when Ben is less mobile. We carve them up on Monday night!

86WARD
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Got it penciled in as a loss. Even before we knew how good the Niners would be...

SteelGhost
12-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I see the 5th spot in the horizon... :no:

Merchant
12-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Got it penciled in as a loss. Even before we knew how good the Niners would be...

Yes. The mighty cardinals beat them. We don't stand a chance.

86WARD
12-14-2011, 08:17 AM
The spot it falls in the schedule and the trip to the west coast plays a good part into it...not to mention they are one of the better teams in the league right now. If you haven't seen them play, it's understandable you'd make a comment like that. They haven't been good in the past...

Merchant
12-14-2011, 11:07 AM
No. I know how good they are. I just have faith in our boys.