Bullshit.

I am not surprised however.

tube517
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
:poop:

Dino 6 Rings
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh this is total CRAP!

Suh Stomps on a guy after attacking him after the whistle and gets 2 games, Harrison made a fcking football play! This is CRAP!

they should suspend the entire Browns Coaching Staff for allowing the Concussed player back on the field! Now I'm fcked off pissssed about this. A fine would have been tolerable, but a suspension? Really? Total SHIIIIIT!

steeldevil
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I bet Timmons is pissed. He is gonna have to go back to OLB AGAIN...

Bluecoat96
12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Let's hope Woodley's ready to go.

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Steelers LB James Harrison plans to appeal his one-game suspension.

www.twitter.com/adamschefter

steelerdiva
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
B.S.

That is all.

(Note to Mods: I respectfully request the return of the BS flag smiley. Thanks :))

JayC
12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
is it for the 49ers game?

(just wondering cause that would require some quick appeal process)

salamander
I feel bad for the Rams. You know James is gonna be pissed when he comes back against them.

Bluecoat96
I think the Steelers' current statement on this suspension says a lot about what they think.

“We have been advised that James Harrison has been suspended for one game.”

The Duke
12-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Well Rog finally did it. Bet it was his lifelong dream to suspend someone for a football hit

I hope not! Worilds is playing really well right now, especially when it comes to getting to the QB's face, and that's all you need to stop Alex Smith

Woodley will have to play more than just half the game though....

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
There will be no pass rush against the 49ers

Edman
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
It's crap, but I'm not surprised nor do I care.

The team is going to have to keep playing. And play extra hard.

steeldevil
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Woodley won't be able to play the whole game I would think. He will be splitting time with Worilds on one side and they will have to move Timmons to the other side.

The Patriot
12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh wow. That's BS.

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
ROGER GOODELL SHOULD BE FIRED TODAY. THE NFL HAS TURNED INTO A JOKE. MAKES NO SENSE!

salamander
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
TheFakeESPN (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/TheFakeESPN) The Fake ESPN

BREAKING: James Harrison banned 1 game for having 2 more testicles than Roger Goodell.

Animal Mother
12-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh crap.

SteelerEmpire
12-13-2011, 10:28 AM

LeBeau will have to just bring exotic blitz's. The good new is they let the Steelers know with enough time to prepare.

BnG_Hevn
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
If he immediately appeals it then it should allow him to play this week you'd think. I'd sue the NFL if I were Harrison.

Animal Mother
12-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Maybe the bright side of this is that Harrison realizes he is being targeted and alters his game for the sake of providing money for his family. I know we all disagree with this outcome, but seriously, he needs to start aiming for chest, waist, and knees. This is the new National Flagfootball League.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Nobody should be surprised. I'm seriously considering even refusing to watch Steelers games at this point until a certain assclown is fired. I'm sick and tired of the douchebag killing this game.

smokin3000gt
12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Steelers LB James Harrison plans to appeal his one-game suspension.

www.twitter.com/adamschefter (http://www.twitter.com/adamschefter)

Good luck James. I'm sure that the RG will change his mind all of a sudden..

steel striker
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Total BS NFL changing outcomes of games and, I hope the owners get together to fire Worhtless Roger.

smokin3000gt
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
What a fucking joke. It's one thing to punish or suspend players for dirty play but the suspensions are coming off the tip of roger's tounge way too easily. Now you are affecting/manipulating the outcome of an entire season because of a hard hit. Just wait until the next 'helmet to helmet', James will be suspended for 2 games next offense. Mark my words.

Merchant
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
So.. let me get this straight. Richard Seymour punches a dolphins player and gets ejected (the same way he punched Ben and got ejected last season) and only gets fined 30K, no suspension.

But Harrison gets suspended for this.

I may just kill someone on my way to work.

Merchant
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
If it's any consolation at least Patrick Willis might be out on their side too. Somewhat evens the playing table I guess.

GBMelBlount
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I fully expected this. No surprise here.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 11:08 AM
If it's any consolation at least Patrick Willis might be out on their side too. Somewhat evens the playing table I guess.

It's no consolation for me. There's no polishing this turd. This suspension is complete bullshit and proves even further what a media puppet Goodell is. I'm hopping mad tight now.

steelpinstripe87
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
TheFakeESPN (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/TheFakeESPN) The Fake ESPN

BREAKING: James Harrison banned 1 game for having 2 more testicles than Roger Goodell.

Why thank you, I just had my protein shake come out my nose. I agree with Edman, though. It does make me mad that Harrison was suspended, but still...they have to keep playing. The defense isn't built around one guy (except, arguably, Troy Polamalu), so everyone has to step up. I just hope this makes them MAD. For that, I pity the 49ers.

As for fansince's comment - I already hardly watch football; I only watch when the Steelers are on TV. Otherwise, I'm listening on the radio. I'm not going to take out my hatred for the commish on the players. Couldn't bring myself to do that.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 11:27 AM
As for fansince's comment - I already hardly watch football; I only watch when the Steelers are on TV. Otherwise, I'm listening on the radio. I'm not going to take out my hatred for the commish on the players. Couldn't bring myself to do that.

The more people who watch, the better the ratings. The better the ratings, the better the revenue. The better the revenue, the longer Der Kommissar sticks around and becomes more and more entrenched. I'm sorry, I want him out.

steelerdude15
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
This is BS. You can't do anything in this league anymore. Every QB is protected, unless your name is Roethlisberger that is.

SteelerEmpire
12-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I think the D will survive. It's not like Polamalu is out... lol.

Angina
12-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Not only is this not surprising, but the print and internet media (especially that ragsite PFT.com) openly lobbied for Harrison to get suspended, hell for a multi-game suspension. Meanwhile, didn't Ben take an arm to the head during that same game? Not only did it not draw a flag or fine, but I didn't see it mentioned all week. Did anyone else hear anything about it?

I can't believe the Rooneys don't want Goodell (that's spelled a-s-s-c-l-o-w-n) out by now.

Pristas
12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I could see a fine, but this is his first offense of the year, totally crap! Talk about giving a freebie to Baltimore. This is manipulation of the sport. We are closing in on the first round bye, but if we lose a game to the Niners because Alex Smith has just enough time to convert third down passes, I'm going to be really ticked. I hope the guys really band together around this one. Goodell may think that he just crippled us, but he doesn't realize that he just spit in the wind, tugged on Superman's cape, pulled the mask off the Lone Ranger, and messed around with Jim (the one who is meaner than old king kong, and tougher than a junk yard dog).

steeldevil
12-13-2011, 11:37 AM
The owners are as much to blame as Goodell. Hell, the owners could and probably are the ones really behind this whole scheme. They would vote him out of office otherwise wouldn't they? They love the extra money this whole "safety rules" scheme will make them. Take out defense, scoring goes up, make examples out of very good defensive players that hit too hard, protect money making QBs = More viewers and thus MORE MONEY in owners pockets.

This is such BS.

tube517
12-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Your new NFL

http://www.icsmmblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/flag-football.jpg

Pristas
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
The owners are as much to blame as Goodell. Hell, the owners could and probably are the ones really behind this whole scheme. They would vote him out of office otherwise wouldn't they? They love the extra money this whole "safety rules" scheme will make them. Take out defense, scoring goes up, make examples out of very good defensive players that hit too hard, protect money making QBs = More viewers and thus MORE MONEY in owners pockets.

This is such BS.

Only problem is, there are only 5-10 top QBs in the league. What about the other 22-27 teams?

steelpinstripe87
12-13-2011, 11:44 AM
The more people who watch, the better the ratings. The better the ratings, the better the revenue. The better the revenue, the longer Der Kommissar sticks around and becomes more and more entrenched. I'm sorry, I want him out.

I understand. Of course, for me, the Steelers are hardly ever on, so I don't make much of a difference in ratings anyway when I do watch. 2, maybe 3 times a season. Plus the post season. I live in Patriots territory (Please, someone get me out of here), so that's what we get every week. Zzzzzzz....

tube517
12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Roger, you need to order 31 sets of these:

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/ynY3ppsupVFBUl7Fbd3Q8wnnuCtQ2msCMBp7_OkA2pm1QDmyY4 YZ_dWvud5fs8BmiQPw0EwHPlaCw8glGRHDL3Y26bXV7Y3Pc6Ky oNFaZ07B8VFbW1FBUw0o_MiVtzx4bbhwj5gii6tDVOWDloVQsR aRoZrZyqcVfwSQKCWuHg

XxKnightxX
12-13-2011, 12:04 PM
I just wish Harrison sets up a meeting with Goodell and goes Latrell Sprewell on his punk ass.

steeldevil
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Only problem is, there are only 5-10 top QBs in the league. What about the other 22-27 teams?

Their QBs are not protected by these "rules". Only QBs that are nationally loved do.

If you are asking why those owners don't vote him out, IDK. I guess because of revenue sharing. I assume all 32 teams get a slice of the pie that they are scamming to create with this BS...

7willBheaven
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I could see a fine, but this is his first offense of the year, totally crap! Talk about giving a freebie to Baltimore. This is manipulation of the sport. We are closing in on the first round bye, but if we lose a game to the Niners because Alex Smith has just enough time to convert third down passes, I'm going to be really ticked. I hope the guys really band together around this one. Goodell may think that he just crippled us, but he doesn't realize that he just spit in the wind, tugged on Superman's cape, pulled the mask off the Lone Ranger, and messed around with Jim (the one who is meaner than old king kong, and tougher than a junk yard dog).

It extends beyond the league year...he is a repeat offender (he had 3 last year wasnt it?) so thats why the suspension.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm not a fan of the suspension because I think it should be for deliberate, malicious hit, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for Harrison. Which sucks because I like and respect (and fear) him as a player.

But what else would you expect for a guy who has continued to disrespect Goodell. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, you know? Each hit makes him look worse and worse and each comment doesn't help matters.

Harrisn has the right to appeal. That is separate from Goodell and he has no control over the ruling. If they hold the appeal should Harrison choose to do so, then I don't see how this can all be pinned on Goodell.

suitanim
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Am I surprised?

No.

Am I shocked that Goodell is such a fucking asstard?

Not really.

What I'm most is just plain old disappointed. This is not the same game that I grew up playing and watching and fell in love with. It's been cheapened into something.........................less.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 12:40 PM
But what else would you expect for a guy who has continued to disrespect Goodell. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, you know? Each hit makes him look worse and worse and each comment doesn't help matters.

I expect fairness in his rulings. There wasn't any here, nor in many others he's made. That hit did NOT deserve a suspension. Which kinda lends credence to a number of the comments Harrison has made about him all along, no? And please stop making it sound like Harrison is the only player in the league who has voiced their disapproval of that asshat and his "discipline," because that is FAR from the case.

tube517
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I expect fairness in his rulings. There wasn't any here, nor in many others he's made. That hit did NOT deserve a suspension. Which kinda lends credence to a number of the comments Harrison has made about him all along, no? And please stop making it sound like Harrison is the only player in the league who has voiced their disapproval of that asshat and his "discipline," because that is FAR from the case.

Agree, I'm no fan of Richard Seymour but Charles Woodson should've gotten ejected for the game against the Saints.

steelerdude15
12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Agree, I'm no fan of Richard Seymour but Charles Woodson should've gotten ejected for the game against the Saints.
Or when Suggs upper cut that Bengal last year and yet nothing happened to him either.

Silverback
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
So. Since James plans to appeal this, is there any possibility that his suspension gets pushed back until the appeal is reviewed and completed? When Cedric Benson appealed he was able to play until his appeal was reviewed, even though he was already sentenced to a suspension. Hopefully, this will be the case for James and he can play the 49ers game but miss the Rams or Browns.

Dino 6 Rings
12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
James needed to rest up anyway and get ready for the final 2 games that matter for seeding. We can beat the 49ers without him on defense. yeah...I'm calm now. Fck the other 31 teams. I hope the next time James crushes someone's skull its just in the Super Bowl so the Suspension carries over to the following year after we hoist up trophy 7.

Bluecoat96
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Stupid Hensley. Here's the BSPN AFC North blog guy's response to James' fine.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/37915/james-harrison-only-has-himself-to-blame

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Fuck you Hensley. Here's the BSPN AFC North blog queen's response to James' fine.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/37915/james-harrison-only-has-himself-to-blame

Consider the source...

Jamison Hensley

Hensley joined ESPN.com in 2011 after covering the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun for 11 years.

Not the most objective of commentators, I wouldn't imagine.

O'Malley
12-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Bullshit!!!!!!

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
So. Since James plans to appeal this, is there any possibility that his suspension gets pushed back until the appeal is reviewed and completed? When Cedric Benson appealed he was able to play until his appeal was reviewed, even though he was already sentenced to a suspension. Hopefully, this will be the case for James and he can play the 49ers game but miss the Rams or Browns.

Probably not. He'll go before Shell and Cottrell, they will rubber stamp Der Kommissar's decision and his appeal will be turned down flat, more than likely by the end of the week.

polamalubeast
12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Harrison, Tomlin address suspension

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/37923/harrison-tomlin-address-suspension

Dino 6 Rings
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Suspend the same guy that had his orbital bone broken from a helmet to helmet shot delivered to him by an offensive tackle. Yep...lets suspend this guy cause he HITS TOO HARD!

EF YOU! I HOPE HE DOESNT CHANGE AT ALL!

BigNastyDefense
12-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Hold on, so Harrison gets suspended for a helmet to helmet hit where the quarterback ran into him....but Dunta Robinson doesn't get a suspension for a totally blatant shot on the Eagles' Jeremy Maclin earlier this season?

This is total bullshit. Player safety my fucking ass! Goodell needs to fucking go. But the owners won't vote him the fuck out, because more offense means more viewers which means bigger TV contracts.

X-Terminator
12-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Absolute horseshit. That's it, folks...I'm done. Let the league continue to rot away into oblivion under that MF'ers rule. I have no interest in sissified, politically correct flag football. Fuck you Goodell and the rusty spike you rode in on.

steelreserve
12-13-2011, 03:15 PM

It won't matter; Alex Smith sucks anyway. What I'm really angry about is the precedent this sets. Not only fines but suspensions for split-second plays that nobody can control. Leaking the story to gauge public reaction; shamelessly basing your decision on what the media says. And apparently "repeat offender" status is solely at Goodell's discretion. Fuck that guy up the ass with a black dildo. I hope his house burns down.

steelreserve
12-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Am I surprised?

No.

Am I shocked that Goodell is such a fucking asstard?

Not really.

What I'm most is just plain old disappointed. This is not the same game that I grew up playing and watching and fell in love with. It's been cheapened into something.........................less.

I wish they had like ... a billion thumbs-up button for that.

Animal Mother
12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I think there is a valid point that the rules seem inconsistent from player to player, position to position, as well as hit to hit. Why are some fined and some not, why are some suspended and some not? At the end of the day, this is a entertainment product being shown to make money and it appeals to the mainstream public if violent hits like this are curtailed. The media becomes the voice of the public and Goodell responds based on that input. We can all rant and rave about flag football, but this is the most popular sport in the country and to maintain facade of safety first, these hits are going to be flagged, fined and the player suspended.

AIM LOWER!

st33lersguy
12-13-2011, 03:26 PM
The difference between a non-steeler stomping on a guy's head and a steeler playing football the same way football players have played it since THE DAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL WAS INVENTED is only one game. Only if you are one of the embezzlers at the NFL league office

ALLD
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Every douche'-bag on Sirius was validating the suspension like a bunch of tools. Big, bad James Harrison knocked out a guy who ran into his zone with the ball. Next time the dude should know better. Don't penalize on the outcome, penalize on the acutal circumstance.

There is a good chance the Chargers will beat the Ravens and this was one way to even it out.

Goodell is the owner's representitive (of a select group), not the commissioner of the NFL.

O'Malley
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I think there is a valid point that the rules seem inconsistent from player to player, position to position, as well as hit to hit. Why are some fined and some not, why are some suspended and some not? At the end of the day, this is a entertainment product being shown to make money and it appeals to the mainstream public if violent hits like this are curtailed. The media becomes the voice of the public and Goodell responds based on that input. We can all rant and rave about flag football, but this is the most popular sport in the country and to maintain facade of safety first, these hits are going to be flagged, fined and the player suspended.

AIM LOWER!

The problem with aiming lower is it's more dangerous for the defender and can end the career of the offensive player.. Low hits break legs, tear up knees, twist and even break ankles, easier to receive a concussion for the defender with your head colliding with knees... The safest hit is the hit james put on Colt... Hit up top and play another day... Hit low and your career is over just lke that... Should he have just blown him up in the ribs and put him out for the season? Or hit his upper thigh and broke his fibula? The new "safety" rules suck... These players choose to play football and sign their contracts knowiing full well what could happen every play.. They don't have to play, they could get normal jobs with the degrees they earned in college!!! This is the NFL covering their asses on the back side when players retire.. They can say we made the game as safe as we could.. It's all a bunch of bullshit.. As for being a repeat offender should your slate not be wiped clean every season? You don't start the season with the record of the previous year.. First offense of the year and he gets suspended, happens to be down the stretch when the Steelers are fighting for a playoff spot.. Goodell needs to resign now!!!!

Acumen
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Gotta say I'm pissed, but the fact is it was a head to head hit. It should not have been a suspension based on the fact he's been clean all year and precedents set by other actions. However, Goodell hates Harrison and James has a lot of these helmet-to-helmets on his resume.

James should know that the leagues watching him do this and he had Colt's entire exposed torso to line up. The word of the day is that concussions can lead to far worse things after a player's retirement than broken ribs can. We can say it's not football the way football used to be played, but the way football used to be played leads to brain damage. These are the restrictive measures put in place. It sucks, but that's the way of it.

Can't go high, can't go low. Next time, tackle like a guided missile into the QBs ballsack... Nothing says "this ain't a man's game no more" like rupturing some Brady balls :)

edit: The same thing is happening in hockey right now. I'm a Steelers fan in Canada, but you Pittsburgh residents have a good example why there's a crackdown going on right now and it wears number 87. Head injuries are serious, and they don't always heal like a broken bone does.

venom
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Can you imagine what Harrison would have gotten if he received personal foul this year

steelreserve
12-13-2011, 04:04 PM

AIM LOWER!

I don't understand that at all. Fans like the big hits. The big hits are also (in my opinion) the least damaging over time, because there are so few of them. It's the linemen that really get the worst of it, from a thousand small hits to the head. Maybe that's what you meant with the "facade" comment.

But as currently enforced, all the league's new safety rules show is that the media has an agenda that the NFL will cave in to, and in the meantime the public is stupid enough to bite on a tactic that is really just a diversion from the real problem. I don't know what the league thinks it's going to accomplish, because 10 years down the road, you're still going to have the same number of players with brain damage, and still none of them will be QBs and WRs. Are they just betting that nobody will ever figure that out?

Acumen
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't understand that at all. Fans like the big hits. The big hits are also (in my opinion) the least damaging over time, because there are so few of them. It's the linemen that really get the worst of it, from a thousand small hits to the head. Maybe that's what you meant with the "facade" comment.

But as currently enforced, all the league's new safety rules show is that the media has an agenda that the NFL will cave in to, and in the meantime the public is stupid enough to bite on a tactic that is really just a diversion from the real problem. I don't know what the league thinks it's going to accomplish, because 10 years down the road, you're still going to have the same number of players with brain damage, and still none of them will be QBs and WRs. Are they just betting that nobody will ever figure that out?

This is the central hypocrisy that is lost in the argument (as I laid it out a few posts above).

OK, so the leagues cracking down on head shots because there's terrible injuries, yada yada yada. But the pudding brains all play on the line, and the players who retire early into chronic pain on offense are the running backs... so we have to protect QBs and wideouts?

That's what doesn't make sense. It is clearly all about product protection. People like big passing plays, so protect the ones that maximize entertainment value. It's BS, but it's set in stone and unfortunately #92 has to be aware of it, and keep it below the chin.

Craic
12-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Not surprised.

Don't agree with it, but not surprised.

Count Steeler
12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
The Rooneys need to get serious about getting some owners together and start the movement to turf Mr. Goodell.

As far as this ruling, well, you know.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM

But Harrison's comments have been by far the worst. And the same will apply for anyone else who has spoken negativel against Goodell and finds himself in this situation.

I don't agree with the suspension either because it's a really slippery slope (what happens for future hits deemed to be illegal - suspensions from here on out?), but Harrison never did himself any favors.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
But Harrison's comments have been by far the worst. And the same will apply for anyone else who has spoken negativel against Goodell and finds himself in this situation.

So he's every bit the vindictive POS I've been saying he is. Doesn't matter anymore - I stopped giving a shit today anyway.

86WARD
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
He's being suspended for his history and "hit portfolio." Understandable that it's what the NFL wants to base it on. But like Chidi said, they will be setting a precedent for future suspensions of repeat offenders. Wondering why Seymour wasn't suspended for being a repeat offender...are they suspending James as a result of the hit or the hit itself? If they are suspending him for the "results" of his hits, it's bullshit.

Should be a very interesting appeal...and I would not be surprised if he won it, but I don't think he will...I think the NFL will just add another notch in their belt of inconsistencies...

zulater
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
The Rooneys need to get serious about getting some owners together and start the movement to turf Mr. Goodell.

As far as this ruling, well, you know.

Wont happen. Outside of Pittsburgh, most everyone thinks Harrison was dealt with fairly.

zulater
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
The NFL tipped their hand on this when they leaked it to ESPN on Saturday. The only question was whether it was going to be one or two games. I honestly think we owe a debt of gratitude to Peter King ( who Goodell reads religiously) who stated he felt no suspension was warranted. I honestly think that's the only thing that kept Harrison from getting two games, which was what they were fishing for when they sent their "trial balloon ( aka leak) out on Saturday.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
So he's every bit the vindictive POS I've been saying he is. Doesn't matter anymore - I stopped giving a shit today anyway.

You don't think that a player who doesn't have respect for a higher authority shouldn't have any negative consequences? It's like the screw-up in high school who doesn't care what the teacher says. All of a sudden there's an incident and you want...mercy? After calling him a gay slur? That's all I'm saying. Wouldn't you think Harrison would be afforded more leeway if he didn't make such comments?

It's just like with an NFL player. If a guy goes around being a screw-up, and doesn't follow that up with the right actions, the team will give him less of a leash.

By the way, site has been running very slow the past few hours. Won't even load on my HP.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Wont happen. Outside of Pittsburgh, most everyone thinks Harrison was dealt with fairly.

Don't you think that means at least something? That we're the only ones upset about it?

zulater
12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't you think that means at least something? That we're the only ones upset about it?

It means we're the only ones adversely affected by it.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
You don't think that a player who doesn't have respect for a higher authority shouldn't have any negative consequences? It's like the screw-up in high school who doesn't care what the teacher says. All of a sudden there's an incident and you want...mercy? After calling him a gay slur? That's all I'm saying. Wouldn't you think Harrison would be afforded more leeway if he didn't make such comments?

It's just like with an NFL player. If a guy goes around being a screw-up, and doesn't follow that up with the right actions, the team will give him less of a leash.

By the way, site has been running very slow the past few hours. Won't even load on my HP.

Not asking for "mercy." I'm asking for FAIRNESS, and it wasn't applied here. And no, quite frankly, I don't. He's been vilified in the press since "concussion Sunday" in October of last year, and it's become quite obvious that the amount of media outrage is the primary factor that Goodell takes into account as far as meting out discipline goes, so Harrison was already tried and convicted before Goodell even ruled on the matter. Like I said, I don't care anymore. You can have this Lawyerball BS. I'm done.

Not sure what the deal is - site's loading OK for me.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
It means we're the only ones adversely affected by it.

But you said it not in the sense that no one else cares. But that everyone else thinks it's a fair ruling. Which means they've thought about it and said, "Yeah, I can see where the suspension is coming from".

Again, I do NOT agree with the suspension. But that doesn't mean I won't consider the other side or at least see why Harrison was suspended.

And again, part of Harrison's response today was "LOL!" on his twitter account. It's all about handling these consequences the right way and not like a 10 year old kid. That is probably just as important to Goodell as the hits themselves. Showing that you care about his rules and want to change/comply gives you wiggle room.

tihmtahm
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
I would like to personally extend a heartfelt "BLOW ME" to Goodell. I would be as giddy as a schoolgirl if everybody in Goodell's family dropped dead, and he had to live to endure the loss. Fuck you in the mouth Goodell!

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 05:28 PM
He's being suspended for his history and "hit portfolio." Understandable that it's what the NFL wants to base it on. But like Chidi said, they will be setting a precedent for future suspensions of repeat offenders. Wondering why Seymour wasn't suspended for being a repeat offender...are they suspending James as a result of the hit or the hit itself? If they are suspending him for the "results" of his hits, it's bullshit.

Should be a very interesting appeal...and I would not be surprised if he won it, but I don't think he will...I think the NFL will just add another notch in their belt of inconsistencies...

Often times, players that are ejected mid-game do not get suspended additional games because the ejection is a min-suspension, unless it occurs late in the game or is an infraction worthy of multiple games (like Suh's).

Remember that the appeals committee is not controlled by Goodell. It is made up of one defensive player, Ted Cotrell, and he and Art Shell are paid jointly by the NFL and NFLPA. They have overturned fines in the past so it isn't as if they automatically agree with everything Goodell says.

stillers4me
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM
And since we play on Monday night, all the league mouth pieces will be talking non stop about it....and stwisting the facts to justify the whole thing.

ALLD
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Goodell is doing the same thing like when the Nazis took over. Everybody not affected looked away from the mass murders, but they all were destroyed in the end. The NFL is going the way of the NBA and nobody watches them anymore. Could be time for a resurgance in baseball.

fansince'76
12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
The NFL is going the way of the NBA and nobody watches them anymore. Could be time for a resurgance in baseball.

Wish that were the case, because then they'd be forced to come to their senses and stop the madness. But for every old school fan they lose, they gain about 5 more fantasy football geeks that LIKE the garbage that is being fielded on Sundays now. You know, 25 commercials every 2 minutes, 80,000 flags every game due to clueless officiating because everything has been turned into a "judgment call," 800-1,000 yards of offense every game, combined scores in the 70s and 80s every game, and defense being all but outlawed. What's not to love?

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I would like to personally extend a heartfelt "BLOW ME" to Goodell. I would be as giddy as a schoolgirl if everybody in Goodell's family dropped dead, and he had to live to endure the loss. Fuck you in the mouth Goodell!

Here's a picture of a cat because I really think it could help you out right now.

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/another_cute_kitty.jpg

Steeldude
12-13-2011, 06:00 PM

woodley is playing so worilds will fill in

Butch
12-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Tell me what exactly Harrison did last year to warrent stiffer fines than any other player??? Sorry but I don't buy that his comments put a bigger target on his back the target was there for no good reason.

Why blindly support authority just because it's an authority figure??? Isn't that what the Germans did to Hitler??? James isn't the Highschool screw up he's the guy who's had the nuts to stand up to a tyrant...Hitler Godel himself.

Go Rot In Hell Roger Godel!!!

tihmtahm
12-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Here's a picture of a cat because I really think it could help you out right now.

I don't see a cat, but I am seeing red.

steelerdude15
12-13-2011, 07:06 PM

My friend posted a picture like that on Facebook account making fun of a friend who smokes, it went like this: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294859_294486563898679_100000120129704_1433760_406 585093_n.jpg

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Fuck you Goodell!

tube517
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
But you said it not in the sense that no one else cares. But that everyone else thinks it's a fair ruling. Which means they've thought about it and said, "Yeah, I can see where the suspension is coming from".

Again, I do NOT agree with the suspension. But that doesn't mean I won't consider the other side or at least see why Harrison was suspended.

And again, part of Harrison's response today was "LOL!" on his twitter account. It's all about handling these consequences the right way and not like a 10 year old kid. That is probably just as important to Goodell as the hits themselves. Showing that you care about his rules and want to change/comply gives you wiggle room.

I'll agree with your point about his comments in the summer didn't help at all. We all know that was not the smartest thing to do. But today's twitter "reaction" was ( I think) more of a frustrated "LOL" than a 10 year old "kid reaction." I think he did the right thing and did not comment any further. He basically said on facebook that he thanked the fans for their support and decided to move on. If he commented any further than what he said today, I think he would've just made it worse.

Thank you to all my fans and supporters, I'm just going to move on from here and get ready for my next game

I don't agree that this was a 10 year old answer.

O'Malley
12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
They treat him like he's ten, and suspend him from school... What a fucking joke... This is it, football is offically dead.. I still say it was a great hit and McCoy will never run left against the Steelers again.

steelerdiva
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Ah, well....I guess I will be watching my Steelers "America's Game" DVD's a lot more often to remind me how the game I love USED to be.

Shoes
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Absolute horseshit. That's it, folks...I'm done. Let the league continue to rot away into oblivion under that MF'ers rule. I have no interest in sissified, politically correct flag football. Fuck you Goodell and the rusty spike you rode in on.

Tell us how you really feel brother..... :chuckle:

SteelGhost
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Stupid Godell, he's not going to stop until Deebo retires :doh:

Shoes
12-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Sadly, it's not going to change....even if goodell retires. Who ever takes his place isn't and can't turn the rules back to the old days. It sucks...but lets play by goodells rules. The best way to drive him mad is to win even more Super Bowls .....under his rules.

Count Steeler
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM

He's not going to stop. Period. He is what he is. A CYA lawyer, who's interest is the semblance of player safety by disciplinary action, so that the NFL can't get sued 20 years down the road for not addressing the issue of concussions and player injuries.

CYA = cover your ass.

SteelGhost
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Sadly, it's not going to change....even if goodell retires. Who ever takes his place isn't and can't turn the rules back to the old days. It sucks...but lets play by goodells rules. The best way to drive him mad is to win even more Super Bowls .....under his rules.

QFT

That would be SWEET !!!

SteelGhost
12-13-2011, 09:00 PM
He's not going to stop. Period. He is what he is. A CYA lawyer, who's interest is the semblance of player safety by disciplinary action, so that the NFL can't get sued 20 years down the road for not addressing the issue of concussions and player injuries.

CYA = cover your ass.

True

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
My friend posted a picture like that on Facebook account making fun of a friend who smokes, it went like this: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294859_294486563898679_100000120129704_1433760_406 585093_n.jpg

Either way, he'll chill out.

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll agree with your point about his comments in the summer didn't help at all. We all know that was not the smartest thing to do. But today's twitter "reaction" was ( I think) more of a frustrated "LOL" than a 10 year old "kid reaction." I think he did the right thing and did not comment any further. He basically said on facebook that he thanked the fans for their support and decided to move on. If he commented any further than what he said today, I think he would've just made it worse.

I don't agree that this was a 10 year old answer.

What you say first is what you really mean. Rest is just PR.

Iron Steeler
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I wonder how much money nfl would loose if every Steelers fan canceled the nfl package?

Chidi29
12-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Tell me what exactly Harrison did last year to warrent stiffer fines than any other player??? Sorry but I don't buy that his comments put a bigger target on his back the target was there for no good reason.

Why blindly support authority just because it's an authority figure??? Isn't that what the Germans did to Hitler??? James isn't the Highschool screw up he's the guy who's had the nuts to stand up to a tyrant...Hitler Godel himself.

Go Rot In Hell Roger Godel!!!

The 5 time offender is a pretty solid reason.

Comparing Goodell to Hitler is insane. Not even worth a response.

zulater
12-13-2011, 11:12 PM

Harrison was fined a total of $45,000 for hits to Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and Saints QB Drew Brees in Nov. 2010. He was cited for using his helmet on the tackles, although he did not strike either quarterback in his head.

5 time offender, by very faulty standards.

NCSteeler
12-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Maybe the bright side of this is that Harrison realizes he is being targeted and alters his game for the sake of providing money for his family. I know we all disagree with this outcome, but seriously, he needs to start aiming for chest, waist, and knees. This is the new National Flagfootball League.

he did alter his game , has he not been a good boy all season?

NCSteeler
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM

Tonight on NFLN Around the League live they showed on active poll saying 49 percent felt it was too harsh and of course never showed it again. Herman Edwards is the only one I've heard defend him on TV .

NCSteeler
12-14-2011, 12:31 AM

What I think about the online polls is that there are alot of Steelers haters responding. Just like when Steelers fans come out enmass for "vote for a favorite play" or whatever. There are plenty of Browns, bengals, Ravens, Seahawks, Cardinals(well maybe not alot of these, LOL) fans that just love to see the Steelers screwed with. Look at the commenters on the websites, they can't hide their hatred. One even sadi James isn't half as dirty as Hines. Now that's objective

NCSteeler
12-14-2011, 12:37 AM

He may very well do that too. I would expect it to be a real possibility.

NCSteeler
12-14-2011, 12:39 AM
His second tweet is the equivalent of someone making a dumb comment and then pulling the 'ol, "Quote taken out of context". Not exact same here but what you say first is what you really mean.

LOL, you never laughed in the face of idiocy? I would say Goodell has set a slippery slope precedence, but I know too dang well that nothing he does is a precedence, because it is so random.

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 12:41 AM
5 time offender, by very faulty standards.

I'm just providing an explanation to his question. Anyone else would answer it the same way, no?

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 12:44 AM
LOL, you never laughed in the face of idiocy? I would say Goodell has set a slippery slope precedence, but I know too dang well that nothing he does is a precedence, because it is so random.

Not to someone with higher authority to me. And if I did, I'd regret it and kick myself for being so stupid to do such things because it can only hurt me later on. That is what I think is really hurting Harrison here. Bettis on ESPN even said that Harrison decided to revert back to his old ways of hitting because he didn't like trying to change his game. Said he'd deal with whatever fines/suspensions were handed to him in the future.

The future is here. Time to handle it.

But yet, this is a very slippery slope and the reason why I don't like the suspension. Only should be used for the most malicious of hits, which Harrison's on McCoy was not. Again, I am against the suspension.

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
One really interesting point I just found by complete accident.

Players have actually been suspended for hard hits before. Way before Goodell's era. Pete Rozelle did it. In 1977.

Mel Morgan of the Bengals was suspended for a hit on Stallworth or Swann (think Stallworth) for what I read to be a forearm to the helmet. Morgan was suspended for one game. Rozelle said, "The conduct in question...coaches in players were warned that violations...will be cause for serious league discipline up to and including multigame suspension."

Rozelle set the precedent. He acted on it.

So...Rozelle = Hitler?

Is that what you guys are getting at?

Link to a newspaper article talking about the suspension (though not where I originally read it, only link I could provide).

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1870&dat=19771026&id=PXkeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qMkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1268,3706544

X-Terminator
12-14-2011, 01:36 AM

Players have actually been suspended for hard hits before. Way before Goodell's era. Pete Rozelle did it. In 1977.

Mel Morgan of the Bengals was suspended for a hit on Stallworth or Swann (think Stallworth) for what I read to be a forearm to the helmet. Morgan was suspended for one game. Rozelle said, "The conduct in question...coaches in players were warned that violations...will be cause for serious league discipline up to and including multigame suspension."

So...Rozelle = Hitler?

Link to a newspaper article talking about the suspension (though not where I originally read it, only link I could provide).

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1870&dat=19771026&id=PXkeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qMkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1268,3706544

It says it was a "flagrant personal foul," aka a blatant cheap shot. Players have been suspended for blatant cheap shots in the past, whether it was Rozelle or Tagliabue or the current assjack. Tell me what was blatantly cheap about Harrison's hit, and then your analogy might have some merit. Right now, sorry, it doesn't hold water.

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 01:45 AM
It was the idea of a player being suspended for a hit that I was making the comparison to. Back in the "real" days of football as so many people like to point out.

O'Malley
12-14-2011, 01:46 AM
I wonder how much money nfl would loose if every Steelers fan canceled the nfl package?

Or the Steelers just forgo the road trip forfeit the game with the 49ers and concentrate on the Rams.. Give the whole team a one game suspension and no money to the NFL for the Monday Night Game... That would set a precedence right there.. Then come back with the most violent offense the league has ever seen.. A hit them before they hit you approach.. Defense hits low and just starts breaking legs and twisting ankles... Give Goodell the football he envisions... No more helmet to helmet but a bunch of broken legs... With our offense dishing out concussions like it's the daily bread..

Butch
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-10/nfl-head-injuries/story/steelers-james-harrison-appeals-fine-for-massaquoi-hit

This whole thing started with James being fined more than any other player last year for his hit on Massaquoi. Why was his hit any worse than any of the other ones??? Hell the one that looked the most intentional was the one from Jarod Meyo of N.E. yet his fine was much more punitive. Why??? This was the can of worms that Go To Hell Godel opened...not James Harrison.

Yes the fine was later reduced but not when James appealed his fines but rather when 2 other players fines were reduced, more of a by product than a real sense of any kind of fairness...oh and still his fine was more than any other player for that day. Who is the bully/tyrant??? Where are the signs that even if James keeps his mouth shut that any of this would have been any different??? Who put the target on who's back???

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2010/12/30/1904973/nfl-reduces-james-harrison-fine-mohamed-massaquoi

Standing up to an injustice may not be your thing. It takes guts to stand up and fight against the tyrants of this world and while James may not be the most worldly speaker this world has ever seen he's made his point the only way he knew how. I guess you want us to believe that if James had sent him a box of chocolates and a nice apology letter everything would have been nice, but I personally don't buy that for one minute, because nothing Go To Hell Hitler Godel said leads me to believe it would have made any difference.

These comments also apply to the so called NFL committee...ie henchmen that oversee these fines they are just as responsible. Why was James singled out???

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 02:07 AM
It was the idea of a player being suspended for a hit that I was making the comparison to. Back in the "real" days of football as so many people like to point out.

Yes, but that's completely different. There have always been above-and-beyond punishments for flagrant fouls, pretty much in any sport since the beginning of time. But that was reserved for plays that were either deliberately dirty, or so reckless and dangerous that it was obviously not normal.

This is about the only case I can think of where a guy has been suspended for trying to make a legitimate play - which whether you think it was technically legal or illegal, was so close that you had to argue over it and get the rule book out. That's not what suspensions are supposed to be for. The league is going out of its way to make a point that this was an egregious, malicious act ... and the plain truth is that it just wasn't, and anyone but an idiot should be able to see that.

Butch
12-14-2011, 02:14 AM

So...Rozelle = Hitler?

I like what XT stated but I will also take it a step further. Did he make an example of Morgan while turning a blind eye to another hit that was just as flagerant if not more flagrant???

Pete may have set the standard for banning a player but he didn't just throw it around all willy nilly. Go To Hell and his henchmen's fines are anything but clear cut and across the board.

Butch
12-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Yes, but that's completely different. There have always been above-and-beyond punishments for flagrant fouls, pretty much in any sport since the beginning of time. But that was reserved for plays that were either deliberately dirty, or so reckless and dangerous that it was obviously not normal.

This is about the only case I can think of where a guy has been suspended for trying to make a legitimate play - which whether you think it was technically legal or illegal, was so close that you had to argue over it and get the rule book out. That's not what suspensions are supposed to be for. The league is going out of its way to make a point that this was an egregious, malicious act ... and the plain truth is that it just wasn't, and anyone but an idiot should be able to see that.

Well stated!!!

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 02:51 AM

Who knows exactly what the hit looked like. Can't obviously go back and find the video. I'm sure Goodell would call Harrison's hit flagrant just as Rozelle did (even if it isn't, which it is not, it would be done to further justify your point).

Look how similar Morgan's defense is to what Harrison has said.

"I didn't mean to do it. He had caught the football and was trying to (change direction). It was an instinctive...thing.

And it sounds like the hit was just forearm to the chin. Not a helmet to helmet blow like Harrison on McCoy.

All I'm saying is that there does seem to be some precedent for this sort of thing and that this isn't the first situation to ever happen similar to this.

It's not a end-all, be-all argument but something extra to think about.

EDIT: Link to new article I found on subject.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1828&dat=19771019&id=8C4eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=hL4EAAAAIBAJ&pg=3561,2081657

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 02:52 AM
I like what XT stated but I will also take it a step further. Did he make an example of Morgan while turning a blind eye to another hit that was just as flagerant if not more flagrant???

Pete may have set the standard for banning a player but he didn't just throw it around all willy nilly. Go To Hell and his henchmen's fines are anything but clear cut and across the board.

There were some pretty nasty hits back then, no?

Turkey Jones, anyone?

zulater
12-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense if Harrison had to serve his suspension against the Browns? If Harrison's hit was in fact illegal why should the 49ers benefit from his absence when the Browns and Steelers have a rematch scheduled in just a couple weeks.

Texasteel
12-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense if Harrison had to serve his suspension against the Browns? If Harrison's hit was in fact illegal why should the 49ers benefit from his absence when the Browns and Steelers have a rematch scheduled in just a couple weeks.

Wouldn't you expect James to file an appeal so he could play in the 49ers game and serve the suspension against a weaker team?

zulater
12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Wouldn't you expect James to file an appeal so he could play in the 49ers game and serve the suspension against a weaker team?

He's filed an appeal, but it will be heard and acted upon no later than Thursday. So unless the suspension is overturned ( fat chance) he sits against the Niners.

Pristas
12-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Quoted for truth.

86WARD
12-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Good post...

tube517
12-14-2011, 08:12 AM
What you say first is what you really mean. Rest is just PR.

LOL

suitanim
12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I've been thinking about this...I'm not TOO much older than James Harrison. I played football for about 10 years. In each of those ten years, I was pretty much TAUGHT to tackle that way (arguably, he ducked his head a bit and I was taught to keep your head up and LOOK at what you tackle...but it's close). I was instructed to tackle that way from the time I was 6 years old. If I were to suit up today, that's how I would tackle. It wouldn't be mean, or flagrant, or intentional, it would simply be how I play(ed) the game. It's also how Harrison plays the game.

IMO, because of that "instinctual thing", it is wrong to suspend. If you want to fine, OK, but don't take players away from the game because they play the game the way they were taught (and it was intended to be played) to play it.

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Who knows exactly what the hit looked like. Can't obviously go back and find the video. I'm sure Goodell would call Harrison's hit flagrant just as Rozelle did (even if it isn't, which it is not, it would be done to further justify your point).

Look how similar Morgan's defense is to what Harrison has said.

"I didn't mean to do it. He had caught the football and was trying to (change direction). It was an instinctive...thing.

And it sounds like the hit was just forearm to the chin. Not a helmet to helmet blow like Harrison on McCoy.

All I'm saying is that there does seem to be some precedent for this sort of thing and that this isn't the first situation to ever happen similar to this.

It's not a end-all, be-all argument but something extra to think about.

EDIT: Link to new article I found on subject.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1828&dat=19771019&id=8C4eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=hL4EAAAAIBAJ&pg=3561,2081657

An interesting story, but somehow I don't think it's the same. I don't know exactly what happened in the Morgan play, but whatever it was, I wouldn't consider it "setting a precedent" because they didn't then start fining and suspending guys all over the league all throughout the 70s and 80s for the same kinds of things (which makes it sound like it must have been a pretty unusual play).

Today, you have 5-6 guys getting fined every week, mostly different guys every time, which tells me they have a rule that's incompatible with the game and creates a lot of basically random penalties for every stroke of bad luck. Plus Goodell has said things to the effect that it's not about being deliberate; he expects defenders to "let up." What a complete fucking joke.

suitanim
12-14-2011, 11:45 AM
It's more like 10-12 a week...and most of the fines are for things that aren't even penalties. It's "World Gone Mad" stuff, stupid things that completely defy any kind of logic...

Chidi29
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM

An interesting way to look at it but not the way suspensions work. You serve the following games.

A quick side note/rant. I don't get why the NFL lets players serves suspensions while on IR. There was one player who just got a four game ban for testing positive on the banned substance list but is on IR and can serve out the suspension right now. In the end, won't miss any games because of the substance. Makes no sense.

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
A quick side note/rant. I don't get why the NFL lets players serves suspensions while on IR. There was one player who just got a four game ban for testing positive on the banned substance list but is on IR and can serve out the suspension right now. In the end, won't miss any games because of the substance. Makes no sense.

Maybe they figure karma got him anyway.

GodfatherofSoul
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
The fact that defenders and running backs are immune to headshot protection tells you all you need to know about Goodell. I think Clarke said some defenders get their cans rattled at least once a game. It's all about the image of doing something; just like the typical corporate executive schmuck nowadays. Leadership by press release.

steelreserve
12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe even someone as dense as Goodell realizes that if they started calling penalties on helmet-to-helmet hits against running backs, there would be a flag on about a third of the plays and people really would get fed up. Weird to think that, since he doesn't care about ruining the game for show, over the less-frequent big hits at the diva positions.

Ruin the game just enough to fool the sheep, and if you alienate the fans, get new fans by jacking up the scoring. Maybe the guy's not so stupid as I thought. Just evil.

Steeldude
12-18-2011, 05:25 AM

you are right, hitler didn't fine his soldiers for playing too rough. i am pretty sure he was kidding with the comparison.

he isn't the only 5-time offender. the difference is some players get away with it. i have seen a large number of helmet-to-helmet hits, but nothing is done about it.

zulater
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Steelers LB Harrison tweets criticism of Dumervil's sack

James Harrison apparently is spending his suspension at home, watching games and critiquing every hit he believes is a personal foul.

The Steelers linebacker did it Saturday night when he took to Twitter in protest after no flag was thrown on Cowboys safety Abram Elam for throwing his shoulder into Buccaneers wide receiver Michael Spurlock's chest. And Harrison did it again Sunday during the Patriots-Broncos game after Elvis Dumervil's jarring sack of Tom Brady during the fourth quarter.

"Kill it!" Harrison tweeted. "That's a part of the helmet in the chest, the same thing I got fined for against buffalo last year!"

Harrison is right. He was flagged and docked $25,000 by the NFL last season for helmet contact to the chest of Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. That hit actually capped off a year in which Harrison was fined four times for a total of $125,000.

Harrison currently is serving a one-game suspension for his hit last week on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy that will cause the linebacker to miss Monday night's showdown with the 49ers, so his evident frustration is understandable.

Truth be told, a second look at Dumervil's hit on Brady reveals that Harrison might have a point, based on the rules. But you be the judge.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82531d1a/article/steelers-lb-harrison-tweets-criticism-of-dumervils-sack

fansince'76
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Having not seen that sack by Dumervil until now, I'm truly surprised 20 flags didn't go flying in unison, a game ejection for Dumervil didn't occur, an immediate execution by firing squad of Dumervil in the parking lot of Mile High wasn't ordered by Der Kommissar (because you know damn well he was in Kraft's luxury box to watch his favorite team and heart-throb of a QB), and that Dumervil's first-born child wasn't claimed by the league for a sacrifice to the football gods.

Texasteel
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I would half expect a healthy fine, and another 2 playoff game suspension for Harrison, just for what he wrote. File it under the new Goodell, gag anyone that makes me look bad rule.

stillers4me
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I do believe Elvis threw Tommy to the ground using his full weight, which just was not necessay at all.

James sits two more games.

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Having not seen that sack by Dumervil until now, I'm truly surprised 20 flags didn't go flying in unison, a game ejection for Dumervil didn't occur, an immediate execution by firing squad of Dumervil in the parking lot of Mile High wasn't ordered by Der Kommissar (because you know damn well he was in Kraft's luxury box to watch his favorite team and heart-throb of a QB), and that Dumervil's first-born child wasn't claimed by the league for a sacrifice to the football gods.

Havn't you heard the Media currently loves the Denver Tebows more then Brady right now, so he gotta have a pass on this one.

NCSteeler
12-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Steelers LB Harrison tweets criticism of Dumervil's sack

James Harrison apparently is spending his suspension at home, watching games and critiquing every hit he believes is a personal foul.

The Steelers linebacker did it Saturday night when he took to Twitter in protest after no flag was thrown on Cowboys safety Abram Elam for throwing his shoulder into Buccaneers wide receiver Michael Spurlock's chest. And Harrison did it again Sunday during the Patriots-Broncos game after Elvis Dumervil's jarring sack of Tom Brady during the fourth quarter.

"Kill it!" Harrison tweeted. "That's a part of the helmet in the chest, the same thing I got fined for against buffalo last year!"

Harrison is right. He was flagged and docked $25,000 by the NFL last season for helmet contact to the chest of Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. That hit actually capped off a year in which Harrison was fined four times for a total of $125,000.

Harrison currently is serving a one-game suspension for his hit last week on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy that will cause the linebacker to miss Monday night's showdown with the 49ers, so his evident frustration is understandable.

Truth be told, a second look at Dumervil's hit on Brady reveals that Harrison might have a point, based on the rules. But you be the judge.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82531d1a/article/steelers-lb-harrison-tweets-criticism-of-dumervils-sack

It's shocking that NFL even had that article on it's own sight which only means , ala photogate, Elvis can expect a large fine this week to quiet the media.