PDA

View Full Version : QB Prospect thread

XxKnightxX
12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Just a QB camp type of thread. No one is threatening Bens job, but that doesnt mean with the amount of hits that hes taking that we dont have a need for one in the future, and might as well start throwing our prospects down.

Im watching the Georgia Souther vs Maine game, and Maines QB is impressing me, mobile, runs and cant take hit from the front 7, very quick release and puts the ball right on the money. Heres his bio.

I say he might be a UFA, but ill use a 7th rounder on him and see what hes got.

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/bios/smith_warren_c3xd

Count Steeler
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
That's the kind of QB we should go after. Get him in, groom him and get ready for Ben's retirement (hopefully not for another few years). Still should keep our eyes on Colt. For the right price, he could be a good leader in the future. He would certainly appreciate the upgrade in his team.

Texasteel
12-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I like Patrick Witt from Yale. A big kid ( 6'3", 220 lb. ). I've watch him twice and think he already has a pro game. Has an above average arm with very good accuracy, and touch that a lot of QBs in the NFL doesn't have. He likes to work from the pocket but can run well enough to make a pass rush miss, and does not rattle easy. A transfer from Nebraska, his numbers in 2010 are. Yards - 2230, Y/G - 245, att. - 315, comp. - 212, with a percentage just over 60%. I think hes best game was 410 yard against Georgetown. 6th or 7th round pick.

7willBheaven
12-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I think the Steelers need to pull the trigger DURING the draft on a solid backup...and not wait/hope a good UDFA comes to them. As long as Lefty makes it through the preseason without getting hurt I'd say have him and a rookie as the BUs next year. Nothing against Charlie or anything...I'd definitely love him back as some type of coach.

Steeltreal
01-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Austin Davis - 6th round Southern Miss

Chidi29
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Brock Osweiler has the physical tools - big arm, great size, and a pretty good pocket presence, but has a long, awkward throwing motion that makes him a fumble waiting to happen.

ShutDown24
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I like Witt, Stephen Garcia, Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore for the Steelers.

But I was curious, who do you guys prefer out of the top two? Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin? Luck has just about everything you would want in a classic Quarterback, but I really like Robert Griffin. I don't think we've ever seen an athlete like him come out before at the position. He has the elusiveness of Mike Vick but has much better polish on his throws. With the kind of play Cam Newton displayed this year, if I'm the Colts, I'm looking Hard at trading down. I think Griffin is already better than Newton. What do you guys think?

Aussie_steeler
01-30-2012, 02:06 AM
I like Witt, Stephen Garcia, Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore for the Steelers.

But I was curious, who do you guys prefer out of the top two? Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin? Luck has just about everything you would want in a classic Quarterback, but I really like Robert Griffin. I don't think we've ever seen an athlete like him come out before at the position. He has the elusiveness of Mike Vick but has much better polish on his throws. With the kind of play Cam Newton displayed this year, if I'm the Colts, I'm looking Hard at trading down. I think Griffin is already better than Newton. What do you guys think?

Your ranking depends totally on your O philosophy and player skill sets.

if your the 49ers you would take Luck every day of the week. Strong running game behind a good O line with 2 legitimate threats in Crabtree and Davis

if your the steelers you would take RG3. You would need someone who could run shit scared and throw the ball before they get the snot beaten out of them.

Both are going to be good pro's. You need to identify which one is better suited to your team

Iron Steeler
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=ShutDown24;259270]I like Witt, Stephen Garcia, Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore for the Steelers.

QUOTE]

I like Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore too, but do you think that their height will be an issue in the pros?