PDA

View Full Version : Who's All For These Uniforms For Throwback Weeks ?

SteelerEmpire
12-10-2011, 11:19 AM
The "Batman's":

I say yes because: 1) The one's we use now are ugly and a jinx. And 2) Didn't they just film the new Batman movie at Heinz Field and the City of Pittsburgh ?

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BatmanUniforms.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/BatmanUniforms.jpg/800px-BatmanUniforms.jpg

slippy
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
i liked the ones that made jerome bettis look like a giant bumblebee! had the crest of the city on the chest. soooooo ugly that i liked them!

Edman
12-10-2011, 12:05 PM
The only Uniforms worth throwing back to are the 70's-90's block number uniforms.

The Throwbacks were okay for the 75th season, but have long since overstayed their welcome. They've become a jinx and it seems bad things happen when the Steelers bring them out (2010 Sunday Night Debacle vs Patriots, 92-Yards to lose the game to Baltimore, Losing Ben and Pouncey to injury Thursday).

They were a nice anniversary novelty, but they have to go.

Moose
12-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry, I'm tired of the throwbacks ! I say it's time to put 'em back in the time they came from. I hate the yellow helmets, and the jersey's are blah. Why in the hell do you think we have NEW jersey's !! Throwbacks suck ! I say if you want to bring them back out of extinction then only wear them on special occasions, like a charity game of sorts,when games don't mater, but during the season only up-to-date jerseys should be worn. Throwbacks suck !!

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Ditch the throwbacks.

It's just anther one of money grubbing ideas to get fans to fork over more money.

SteelGhost
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I only like the yellow helmets, lol

GodfatherofSoul
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
There should be a throwback week and leave it at that. Don't like rolling them out whenever the teams want a fashion change.

86WARD
12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
i liked the ones that made jerome bettis look like a giant bumblebee! had the crest of the city on the chest. soooooo ugly that i liked them!

I don't think Bettis ever wore that jersey...Barry Foster?

http://www.sportydesktops.com/pJabnZWknKSVm5mdow/barry-foster-sports-a-throwback-jersey-of-the-1933-steelers-team.jpg

86WARD
12-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Ditch the throwbacks.

It's just anther one of money grubbing ideas to get fans to fork over more money.

Says the girl with the Harrison throwback in her signature...;)

Dodt
12-10-2011, 08:03 PM
how bout a simple change to the current 3rd's remove the mustard yellow on the numbers and make them white.

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Says the girl with the Harrison throwback in her signature...;)

Hey.....watch it. :heh:

X-Terminator
12-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Come on, be honest. The reason so many people don't like them is because of the white pants and/or yellow helmets. If those uniforms had white numbers and helmet or had yellow pants, there wouldn't be as much bellyaching about them.

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Come on, be honest. The reason so many people don't like them is because of the white pants and/or yellow helmets. If those uniforms had white numbers and helmet or had yellow pants, there wouldn't be as much bellyaching about them.

Nope think they are butt ugly.

HollywoodSteel
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Our throwbacks also seem to be a jinx to both James Harrison and the Browns. Harrison keeps getting fined* and the Browns keep getting knocked out.

*I'm just assuming he's going to get fined for this last game's hit.

pepsyman1
12-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I have never liked the throwbacks...I'd just assume never see them again. I whole heartedly agree on the 70's uniforms though. I've got no problem with them. I could probably even stomach a game with the Batman throwbacks...they would be kind of funky for a game...but NO YELLOW HELMET

X-Terminator
12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Nope think they are butt ugly.

Yeah, that's kinda what I said...

BlacknGoldBabe
12-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Batman jersey.....fine and dandy. Baby shit yellow helmets....ditch 'em.

Borski
12-11-2011, 05:23 AM
I love the Yellow Helmet, but I think if we do use throwbacks we could change which one we use. I'd like the see the 70's ones with the grey face mask and white block numbers.

Count Steeler
12-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Time to ditch the throwbacks. Wouldn't mind the 70s jerseys. The Batman one should be used when the movie is released. Not sure of any release date.

86WARD
12-11-2011, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see the 70's jerseys and gray face masks. Done. Throwback. That Batman one is horrible...

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Time to ditch the throwbacks. Wouldn't mind the 70s jerseys. The Batman one should be used when the movie is released. Not sure of any release date.

Good idea. Considering the team only wore them for just a season or two when the Batman TV series was popular and running in the 60's (66-68). Would also make a good fashion statement. I wonder if their worth some $$$ ?

86WARD
12-11-2011, 08:34 AM
They used to sell them on the Steelers website...I always wondered why they did that...

steelpinstripe87
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
The story behind the "Batman" uniforms - had nothing to do with the Batman TV show. Actually had nothing to do with Batman, period. Pittsburgh has been known as "The Golden Triangle." Gold bridges n`at. Hence the yellow triangle on the shoulders. (From: Pittsburgh Steelers - A [Not-so-much-anymore] Complete History DVD)

As for my opinion on the throwbacks - I don't really mind them, although I think if they used the uniforms from the `70s as their throwback, that would be cool.

steelerdude15
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I like the throwbacks they have now and they shouldn't change them. I hope everyone realizes that the 70-96 jersey is the same as today's, the only difference are the numbers and logo on the left front, that's it.

steel9guy
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
The only Uniforms worth throwing back to are the 70's-90's block number uniforms.

The Throwbacks were okay for the 75th season, but have long since overstayed their welcome. They've become a jinx and it seems bad things happen when the Steelers bring them out (2010 Sunday Night Debacle vs Patriots, 92-Yards to lose the game to Baltimore, Losing Ben and Pouncey to injury Thursday).

They were a nice anniversary novelty, but they have to go.

This.....I don't know if people agree with me but I'm all for bringing the block numbers back for good. Never been a fan of the rounded numbers.