PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger's foot injury raises playoff concerns in tight AFC North

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 07:57 AM
The two big questions in the NFL today revolve around the Pittsburgh Steelers in the wake of their odd and compelling 14-3 victory over Cleveland Thursday night at Heinz Field.

1. How bad is the Ben Roethlisberger foot and high-ankle-sprain injury -- the left foot looked crushed and grotesque on replay from the second-quarter sack by Scott Paxson -- and will he miss the Steelers' Monday-nighter next week at San Francisco because of it?

2. Will Steelers linebacker James Harrison get suspended or face or a huge fine because of his helmet-to-helmet hit on Colt McCoy with six minutes left?

On Roethlisberger:
We've seen the Roethlisberger tough-man stuff before, so I don't put anything past him. I was amazed to see him come back in the game for the second half after his left ankle and foot got crumpled by defensive tackle Paxson (his first career sack). "He earned my respect for life after that,'' said Steeler wideout Jerricho Cotchery. Could he be ready, somehow, for the game at Candlestick in 10 days? Let's see what the MRI in Pittsburgh today shows; X-rays last night revealed no break in the ankle or foot. This may be a matter of pain tolerance, but high ankle sprains are handled in different ways by different players.

But if you could have seen Roethlisberger last night around midnight, trying to make his way through the locker room, you'd have some real questions about his readiness anytime soon. ....................

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/09/week-14/index.html#ixzz1g8jofqIn