PDA

View Full Version : Harrison-McCoy Collision VIDEO showing Colt as a BALL CARRIER

katmandu
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok folks. Here's the GIF we all wanted to see!

This GIF clearly shows Colt RUNNING with the ball (as a BALL CARRIER) taking at least (9) NINE STEPS BEFORE he runs into and James runs into Colt.

Again I say, Colt was trying to "Commit Suicide By Harrison!"

Here you go! Share this link with your other forums!

http://raysindex.com/GIFs/JH.gif

katmandu
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe next time Colt will ACCOUNT for Harrison's presence and not foolishly look PAST him!

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2011, 06:25 PM
And yet the IDIOTS in the front office will surely suspend James for being a 'repeat offender'. You can bet on it.

Craic
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Delete

Count Steeler
12-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Maybe next time Colt will ACCOUNT for Harrison's presence and not foolishly look PAST him!

THAT is the lesson to be learned, if we are talking real football. McCoy made a rookie mistake. He knew Harrison was there. He tried to make a play, but he was too close to the defender to protect himself.

Completely different story if he is in the pocket and not scrambling. QB runs, everybody gets on board to stop him.

katmandu
12-09-2011, 08:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/leagues-explanation-of-hit-on-mccoy-doesnt-bode-well-for-harrison/
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/leagues-explanation-of-hit-on-mccoy-doesnt-bode-well-for-harrison/)
HITS TO PASSER’S HEAD AND USE OF HELMET AND FACEMASK

(3) In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary-roughness rules covering these subjects). A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture for example, (a) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him, or (b) lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer.

PASSER OUT OF THE POCKET

(8) When the passer goes outside the pocket area and either continues moving with the ball (without attempting to advance the ball as a runner) or throws while on the run, he loses the protection of the one-step rule provided for in (1) above, and the protection against a low hit provided for in (5) above, but he remains covered by all the other special protections afforded to a passer in the pocket (numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7), as well as the regular unnecessary-roughness rules applicable to all player positions. If the passer stops behind the line and clearly establishes a passing posture, he will then be covered by all of the special protections for passers.

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm confused what the OP is trying to say here. First they say they think he was a ball carrier...my guess trying to state he isnt protected as a QB...but then posts a rule showing that even while running the QB is still protected as a QB (except for the low hit).

86WARD
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
He was an established runner and the pass he "threw" was not a pass but a lateral...where's the "passer" come in?

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 09:09 PM
He was an established runner and the pass he "threw" was not a pass but a lateral...where's the "passer" come in?

Until a QB crosses the line of scrimmage they are still a QB regardless if they are running or not. And it wasnt a lateral it was a pass (but that really doesnt matter either way though).

X-Terminator
12-09-2011, 09:20 PM
So basically, Harrison is fucked. Great. It still isn't worthy of a suspension, not by a long shot. To suspend him would be saying that a hit on a QB during the play is as bad as Ndamukong Suh stomping on a player on the ground. Not even close. They didn't even suspend Richard Seymour for punching a Dolphin after the whistle, for God's sake.

XxKnightxX
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Whatever the result is for Harrison, theres one thing for certain that Mccoy will hopefully learn. Dont run into James Harrison, and dont Throw around James Harrison. 2 hits, 2 knockouts.

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
So basically, Harrison is fucked. Great. It still isn't worthy of a suspension, not by a long shot. To suspend him would be saying that a hit on a QB during the play is as bad as Ndamukong Suh stomping on a player on the ground. Not even close. They didn't even suspend Richard Seymour for punching a Dolphin after the whistle, for God's sake.

Right on! It should not be a suspension.

One more thing I will say is that looking at it in slow mo...Harrison comes up on Colt when Colt was more upright...then at the last second (after the throw) he comes back down and thats when the helmets collide. Had Colt stayed more up right like he was before the throw we wouldnt be here talking about this.

86WARD
12-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Until a QB crosses the line of scrimmage they are still a QB regardless if they are running or not. And it wasnt a lateral it was a pass (but that really doesnt matter either way though).
Looked like a lateral to me. SO if it's a pass, the question needs to be asked at what point is a QB a runner? You can't say until they cross the line of scrimmage...a QB keeper, a QB on an option can be crushed like that, a QB running a naked bootleg can be hit like that, a wildcat QB can be hit like that.

86WARD
12-09-2011, 09:48 PM

Repeat offender is how they could make an excuse and an example..

X-Terminator
12-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Repeat offender is how they could make an excuse and an example..

They could have done the same thing with Seymour, but instead only fined him 30 grand. No suspension. Suspending Harrison would be an absolute joke.

steeldevil
12-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I didn't get a good look at the play at the game, but if the replay shows that it was a lateral then there is no way he should be suspended. Shouldn't be anyway. He shouldn't even be suspended if its a lateral. A lateral isn't a pass. A lateral means you are a runner and hitting a runner in the head is not a penalty. If it was a lateral, then it was a blown call.

There were a lot of blown calls last night.

I don't think he will be suspended over it. It would be a new precedent if he is. But with Goodell who knows.

The Patriot
12-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Why do they wear these helmets if they don't even work and you're not allowed to touch anybody with them?

katmandu
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm confused what the OP is trying to say here. First they say they think he was a ball carrier...my guess trying to state he isnt protected as a QB...but then posts a rule showing that even while running the QB is still protected as a QB (except for the low hit).Right. That was my gut feeling BEFORE I did research and found the NFL Rules On-Line.

Which I posted at a much later time.

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Right. That was my gut feeling BEFORE I did research and found the NFL Rules On-Line.

Which I posted at a much later time.

Ok...I'm like WTH, haha. Going 2 different ways I wasnt sure the point you were trying to make since you didnt say really say anything other than posting the rule, haha. Its all good.

7willBheaven
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I dont see what some people do not get...no matter if the QB plans on passing...or running...they are still the QB (aka "passer"). Nobody (the official/NFL) can predict what a QB is going to do...even if they start running as long as they are behind the line of scrimmage they can still pass it. Thats why the have the rules in place regardless if the QB is running or passing. It doesnt matter where the pass goes either...he is still the QB/Passer behind the line of scrimmage. The other side of things is helmet to helmet hits are also penalties unless its incidental. So either way...even if it wasnt the QB the hit was on or whatever...they STILL would have flagged Harrison for Unnecessary Roughness or whatever...helmet to helmet hit.

Not saying I think he could be fined/etc...i gave my thoughts on Colts body changing position above...the rules are the rules...as much as I (and everyone else) hate them.

NCSteeler
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
All James did was meet him face up man to man, Colt hit James with his helmet to his head just as much as James used his helmet to meet colt. I don't get ti. There was to attempt to lower his head or launch. To players meet face to face, one of them 270lbs , one of them a much less. You could argue that it was a late hit, but certainly not any intentional malice.

suitanim
12-10-2011, 05:42 AM
It was a good football hit, and good football hits are part of the reason I love this game.

Fuck Goodell.

BlacknGoldBabe
12-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Hmmmmmmm.....crunchy.

McCoy was moving forward as the ball carrier. So he got hit. Harrison shouldn't be fined and/or suspended.

'Nuff said.

86WARD
12-10-2011, 07:18 AM
They could have done the same thing with Seymour, but instead only fined him 30 grand. No suspension. Suspending Harrison would be an absolute joke.

I agree. But they could look to make an example...

ALLD
12-10-2011, 07:30 AM
McCoy got blown up and next time he will not run into Harrison's zone with the ball. It's Darwinian.

katmandu
12-10-2011, 06:28 PM
LINK to the NFL RULE BOOK ----> http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I sat here tonight and looked up several of the stories about Colt's dad blasting the Browns for sending him back in. And one thing was very telling to me.

Nowhere is his Mr. Mccoy calling for Harrison's head for a dirty hit. Nowhere.

Instead, he's calling out the Browns for endangering his son by putting him back into the game. Brad McCoy is a high school football coach. He knows football......probably better than all the idiot talking heads out there that lead the lynch mobs on James Harrison.

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
And I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy tried to pull a a fast one when he saw James bearing down on him by dumping the ball to try and draw a flag.

We can't ask him because he doesn't remember.

katmandu
12-11-2011, 10:21 AM
And I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy tried to pull a a fast one when he saw James bearing down on him by dumping the ball to try and draw a flag.

We can't ask him because he doesn't remember.A definition of Stupidity (Colt McCoy) is too NOT recognize when one is in DANGER for his LIFE!

Why in the world would a person run BLINDLY, DIRECTLY into the path of a speeding locomotive (James Harrison) ?

tube517
12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
This tape has already been destroyed by the NFL

JayC
12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
i think it's funny that on espn they never show the part where he takes 9 steps. but they repeat the hit part over and over in slow motion. that'd be the biggest bullshit if he was suspended for tackling a guy running with the ball like that

The WH
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
And I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy tried to pull a a fast one when he saw James bearing down on him by dumping the ball to try and draw a flag. Any team in the league could take advantage of these rules, practice this scenario and reap a few cheap first downs.

You are almost putting the defense in a position of having to wait and see if the QB is across the LOS to tackle him. Else he could just quickly toss the ball towards a reciever, put his head down, take a glancing H2H blow and get the flag.

katmandu
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Any team in the league could take advantage of these rules, practice this scenario and reap a few cheap first downs.Yea, but Colt literally risked his OWN life running blindly into the path of a moving train!

Pretty STUPID IMHO!

The WH
12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Take the fall...act hurt...get indignant!

stillers4me
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Yea, but Colt literally risked his OWN life running blindly into the path of a moving train!

Pretty STUPID IMHO!

and I bet it's the last time he tries it. :tongue1:

tube517
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Any team in the league (except the Pittsburgh Steelers) could take advantage of these rules, practice this scenario and reap a few cheap first downs.

You are almost putting the defense in a position of having to wait and see if the QB (unless it is Ben Roethlisberger) is across the LOS to tackle him. Else he could just quickly toss the ball towards a reciever, put his head down, take a glancing H2H blow and get the flag (unless it is Ben Roethlisberger).

Fixed it for ya. :chuckle: