PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ben Roethlisberger's MRI reveals sprain

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Ben Roethlisberger thought he broke his leg.

Turns out it's just a sprain, though it's bad enough to put the Pittsburgh QB's status for next Sunday's game against the 49ers in jeopardy, according to NFL Network.

Ben Roethlisberger suffered a leg injury in Thursday's win over the Browns.
CAPTIONBy Justin K. Aller, Getty ImagesAn MRI friday revealed that Roethlisberger suffered a high ankle sprain in a 14-3 victory against the Browns, reports Jason LaCanfora.

He is in a walking boot today, according to NBC's Pro Football Talk. Roethlisberger returned from the injury to lead the Steelers to a 14-3 victory, the team's fourth in a row.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/12/ben-roethlisberger-nri-ankle-browns/1

Count Steeler
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm sure he was in pain this morning. Talk about a high tolerance to pain, though. Not many could have come back to play in the second half.

Hindes204
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Im pretty sure Ben is a cyborg

Galax Steeler
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Dang Ben what a drama queen you are.

Iron Steeler
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Im pretty sure Ben is a cyborg
Im sold on that theory too

HometownGal
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Ben is as tough as they come and bet dollars to donuts he'll be in that game against the 49ers next week.

Just heard on KDKA that Pouncey has the same injury - high ankle sprain.

Hindes204
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Im sold on that theory too

you should change the number on your avatar to #7, lol

Burghfan58
12-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Ben is as tough as they come and bet dollars to donuts he'll be in that game against the 49ers next week.

Just heard on KDKA that Pouncey has the same injury - high ankle sprain.

What's disturbing about Pouncy is that is the ankle he sprained at the end of last season. As I recall he tweaked it early on this season and it's still not right. Ben and Pouncy will have to deal with this for the rest of this season and post season.

Craic
12-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Ben Roethlisberger thought he broke his leg.

Turns out it's just a sprain, though it's bad enough to put the Pittsburgh QB's status for next Sunday's game against the 49ers in jeopardy, according to NFL Network.

Ben Roethlisberger suffered a leg injury in Thursday's win over the Browns.
CAPTIONBy Justin K. Aller, Getty ImagesAn MRI friday revealed that Roethlisberger suffered a high ankle sprain in a 14-3 victory against the Browns, reports Jason LaCanfora.

He is in a walking boot today, according to NBC's Pro Football Talk. Roethlisberger returned from the injury to lead the Steelers to a 14-3 victory, the team's fourth in a row.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/12/ben-roethlisberger-nri-ankle-browns/1

YES!!! Ben doesn't do well in the playoffs unless he is injured! :chuckle:

Edman
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't count on Pouncey standing up to his bad ankle. He's not as tough as Ben. He's going to miss some time.

Ben...you're going to have to drag him off the field kicking and screaming. If he can play, he'll play.

steeldevil
12-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought he was finally gonna be hurt bad.

I was at the game and told my brother I can't believe we drove 6 hours to see Ben get hurt...

Hope he is okay.

86WARD
12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
High ankle sprains can be tricky...glad its not broked...

zulater
12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't count on Pouncey standing up to his bad ankle. He's not as tough as Ben. He's going to miss some time.

Ben...you're going to have to drag him off the field kicking and screaming. If he can play, he'll play.

I doubt Ben could play center with a high ankle sprain. The positions demand different levels of stress to your lower leg.

polamalubeast
12-10-2011, 06:18 AM
An MRI taken on Friday revealed the injury which the Post-Gazette described as not being of the Grade 3 (or most severe) variety.

Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, told the newspaper that the veteran quarterback has his left foot in a walking boot and "will need rest."

Unfortunately for the Steelers, Roethlisberger wasn't the only offensive starter to reportedly suffer a high-ankle sprain during Thursday night's win.

read more
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7337515/report-ben-roethlisberger-maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-high-ankle-sprains