PDA

View Full Version : Why Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's Toughness Is Simply Legendary

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Is Ben Roethlisberger playing in the right decade?

I mean, seriously.

In the Steelers 14-3 win over the Browns on Thursday night, the guy once again proved he possesses toughness similar to that of a 1970's linebacker than today's "don't-you-dare-touch-me" quarterback.

His ankle was rolled up on in the second quarter and Big Ben said after the game it hurt so badly he thought it was broken.

read more

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/976115-why-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisbergers-toughness-is-simply-legendary

ALLD
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
It has been said as nauseum over the air today, but I also remember Bradshaw being taken off on a stretcher only to come back in the second half and win the game.

Approaching my 46th birthday I can recall the 1970s Steelers as consistant as the sunrise and as legitimate as .999 fine gold.

Just think of this. No matter the circumstances we always knew the Steelers would do what needed to be done to win, especially during their Super Bowl run. We always pulled it out. Even in 1976 they played great, but no team could overcome those injuries.