PDA

View Full Version : What was the reasoning ?

Moose
12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I know I'm missing something, but why didn't they try to run Redman at least once in the goal line stance ? We are at the 2 yrd line with 1st down and they run Mendy 4x ! After that stop by the brownies I thought to myself, ' this is gonna be the game changer'. Besides the fact we came away with NO points, it also built the motivation to the browns....imagine, holding the STEELER's on the 2 yrd line and having them come away with NO POINTS ! After the game, Tomlin was asked the question about Mendy's 4x trying to score and he's answer was kind of short and with 'attitude' to the reporter. I can't remember what he replied, but from what I can remember it didn't explain anything....kinda like a politician response. I'm just confuse as to why you wouldn't use Redman ( our short yardage person) at least ONCE !!! damnit !! Go Steeler's

wvsportsman
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I wondered the same thing. I'm also wondering why run basically the same play 4 times?
I didn't have a problem with going for it on 4th down but thought, run play action or something a little different.
I really think Redmond should have got at least 1 crack at it..

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Because Mendy has complained about not getting touches inside the redzone. That is cleary why.

Now that he Failed on 4 tries from the 2 to get into the endzone, I believe we will see Redman from now on in that situation.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Mendenhall is a very good back, but he's not the battering ram that Redman is.

I wish Redman would have been put in myself.

shutdown
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Its like the Steelers want to prove to us that Mendenhall can be effective in the Redzone. The media has drilled Tomlin time after time, so its obvious to them we're all scratching our heads.

Yet they still do it. *shrugs*

wvsportsman
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
I loved the way mendy had been running last night up to that point.
I do think the O-line shares some of the blame on that goal line stand though.

HometownGal
12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I do think the O-line shares some of the blame on that goal line stand though.

Bingo. They were manhandled on that goal line by the Browns' DL.

That being said, however, I think Redman should have been given an opportunity to batter ram himself into the EZ for the score.

Austin87
12-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Redman should be the red-zone back.

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I was screaming for Redman! He has proven time and time again that he can plow through the pile, even with this oline. I don't know who made that decision, Tomlin or Ariens. I just hope Redman gets his chance next time.