PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR Antonio Brown joins the set after a 14-3 victory

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Steelers WR Antonio Brown joins the set after a 14-3 victory over the Browns to discuss veteran receiver Hines Ward's mentor role and the name of his end zone dance moves.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d824e05ac/Wiggle-on-down-Mr-Brown

GBMelBlount
12-09-2011, 06:55 AM
I love love love this guy!!!!!!

He and Sanders were back and forth for the #3 receiver spot last year and Brown has taken off like a rocket since.

Could he supplant Wallace as the number one receiver? Regardless, having two receivers of their caliber is giving other team fits.

...and his enthusiasm is contagious!!!!!!!!!

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
yes!

55 REC for 925 yards this year....amazing!

43Hitman
12-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah, if you double both of them, then that means Heath, Sanders, and Cotchery will go wild. I love it.

86WARD
12-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Huge fan. Just hope the play continues!

tube517
12-09-2011, 08:01 AM
He's no Sandoobio. :sarcasm:

Count Steeler
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Will he pass Wallace for total yards this season? He is only 109 yards behind now.

Austin87
12-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Love the guy. We need to lock him and Wallace up long-term.

polamalubeast
12-10-2011, 07:48 AM
1.Mike Wallace 62 REC for 1034 yards
2.Antonio Brown 55 REC for 925 yards

3.Santonio Holmes 46 REC for 552 yards

salamander
12-10-2011, 07:58 AM
"The Wiggle" :chuckle:

ALLD
12-10-2011, 08:32 AM
There are two #1 WRs on the Steelers.

zulater
12-10-2011, 08:59 AM
As good as we are this year, we'll be that much better with a healthy Emanuel Sanders and Jerrico Cotcherty with a year under his belt in the system in 2012.

Moose
12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I do love these guys ! Young, wild and show they can take some 'hits' !! It's exciting to know these guys are our youths, and hopefully be in the black/yellow for years to come. Now, if we can only get some good CB's !!!!

zulater
12-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I do love these guys ! Young, wild and show they can take some 'hits' !! It's exciting to know these guys are our youths, and hopefully be in the black/yellow for years to come. Now, if we can only get some good CB's !!!!

Our cornerbacks as a unit have probably been as good as any in the league this season. Taylor and Gay are both having great seasons. Though we only notice when they get beat. Keenan Lewis is an above average nickel back, and he's still improving. Cortez Allen is a promising rookie who's getting some playing time and doing well with it, and this year's 3rd round pick Curtis Brown has been a special teams force the last month, and will likely see significant playing time on defense next season. Unless someone incredible drops in their lap, I wouldn't expect the steelers to make any changes in regard to their cornerbacks next off season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a safety high though.

The Duke
12-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Our cornerbacks as a unit have probably been as good as any in the league this season. Taylor and Gay are both having great seasons. Though we only notice when they get beat. Keenan Lewis is an above average nickel back, and he's still improving. Cortez Allen is a promising rookie who's getting some playing time and doing well with it, and this year's 3rd round pick Curtis Brown has been a special teams force the last month, and will likely see significant playing time on defense next season. Unless someone incredible drops in their lap, I wouldn't expect the steelers to make any changes in regard to their cornerbacks next off season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a safety high though.

I hope they do. Seems like the biggest need after guard and future NT imo

get someone that Lake can mold from day one. One guy who really caught me eye this year was Harrison Smith from ND. Seems like a very smart, yet not flashy, player we could use. Though we do have something similar in Mundy....

GoSlash27
12-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Speaking of, I noticed that we brought back Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith this week on special teams. I expect him to become a breakout player either late this season or early next season.

Count Steeler
12-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Speaking of, I noticed that we brought back Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith this week on special teams. I expect him to become a breakout player either late this season or early next season.

Had a nice solid tackle on the first kick off. He will impact the game.

zulater
12-10-2011, 05:32 PM
He's no Sandoobio. :sarcasm:

Funny how you never hear how the Steelers screwed up by getting rid of Santonio anymore. :heh:

polamalubeast
12-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Funny how you never hear how the Steelers screwed up by getting rid of Santonio anymore. :heh:

His would have been funny if the Steelers would have taken Antonio Brown with the 5th round selection than the Steelers had for Santonio Holmes!