PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose. We have an obvious Goat.

Edman
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Not Arians. Not Ben. Not Lebeau.

Hines with a dash of Heath Miller. Drive-Killing Fumbles that made this potential blowout into a close game. Hines probably gets the biggest goat because it just snowballed from there. Now Ben's hurt for God knows how long, our Offense is dead and the Stains have a chance to steal one. I hate Throwback games. The throwbacks are a jinx. I hate Thursdays.

That said, this offseason (or over the course of the week) it's time the Steelers look at a backup Quarterback. Old Man Botch can't do it, Leftwich can't stay healthy, and Dixon just plain sucks.

ALLD
12-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Taxans and Chiefs have the same problem with their starting QB.

Also looks like Ward does not have his head in the game this season. Could be father-time finally catching up.

Edman
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
It seems all the pressure was taken off of Ward now.

Chris Kemoeatu is in the shithouse now. The sooner he gets out of town the better. Get his fucking ass off the field and out of Pittsburgh.

"False Start #68 Offense."
"Illegal hands to the face #68 Offense."
"Holding #68 Offense."
"Personal Foul #68 Offense."

Getting sick and tired of hearing that every week from Chris "Killdrive" Kemoeatu.

fansince'76
12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
This game would've been over at the half if Hines and Heath didn't fumble...

SCSTILLER
12-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Chris Kemoeatu is in the shithouse now. The sooner he gets out of town the better. Get his fucking ass off the field and out of Pittsburgh.

"False Start #68 Offense.""Illegal hands to the face #68 Offense."
"Holding #68 Offense."

Getting sick and tired of hearing that every week from Chris "Killdrive" Kemoeatu.

No truer words have been spoken on this forum!

SMR
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Get rid of Kemo!!

ALLD
12-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Kemo should take the Tommy Gun train out of Pittsburgh tonight.

JayC
12-08-2011, 10:29 PM
the only goat is kemo. luckily we scored so fast on the brown td that he didn't have a chance to ruin that drive.

ben is a football warrior

Carolina Steelers
12-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Kemo!!! how do u hold on a 3rd and 1 play

steelerdude15
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Kemo needs to go, I've had enough.

Craic
12-08-2011, 10:39 PM
The thing about Hines and Heath's fumbles, is that they weren't "bad" fumbles. By that I mean, they came precisely because the two players were fighting for extra yards. It wasn't a mental lapse thing. Sometimes, I do wonder if it would be better for receivers to just go to the ground after two defensive players are on them, because I have seen more fumbles caused by fighting for extra yards by receivers, then I think anything else.

st33lersguy
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Piss Kemo. Also Airhead Arians with the stupid decision to run Dancy Mctwinkletoes on the 4th and goal play

zulater
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
All this piling on on Hines and Heath is garbage! You guys think they don't feel terrible about those fumbles. On both plays the defensive player made a great play. There's two teams out there ya know. :frusty:

Kemo is another story. Why Essex wasn't put in I don't know?

Also Tomlin made a terrible decision not to kick the field goal from the one.

And Arains made a terrible call taking Wallace and Brown off the field on first and goal from the 2. I don't care that they ran Mendenhall, but damn it at least make them defense Wallace and Brown instead of stacking 11 in the box with impunity!

But again shame on any of you that trashed Hines and Heath. That disgusts me!

kmsteelerwr15
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I am sick and tired of Kemo's crap! Every game he plays, he kills drives!

zulater
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Piss Kemo. Also Airhead Arians with the stupid decision to run Dancy Mctwinkletoes on the 4th and goal play

Mendy had no chance on any of those plays. There was no blocking.

Nadroj 20
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM

"False Start #68 Offense."
"Illegal hands to the face #68 Offense."
"Holding #68 Offense."

Wow he screwed up the entire game. And he had a dumb look on his face like "wha I do?"

Godfather
12-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Mendy had no chance on any of those plays. There was no blocking.

If only we had a running back who was built for exactly that situation...oh wait, we do! Where was Redman on that series??! And that was a bad, bad time to go for it on fourth down. You had an injured Ben which meant no threat of play action or QB sneak. You had Pouncey injured so the Browns didn't have to respect the run blocking. Take the three.

zulater
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
If only we had a running back who was built for exactly that situation...oh wait, we do! Where was Redman on that series??! And that was a bad, bad time to go for it on fourth down. You had an injured Ben which meant no threat of play action or QB sneak. You had Pouncey injured so the Browns didn't have to respect the run blocking. Take the three.

Yeah Tomlin got away with one there.

fansince'76
12-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Not trashing them, but if we would have gotten those two TDs, the game wouldn't have been another nailbiter at the end. Hope Ben is OK for San Fran in 10 days.

Nadroj 20
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Not trashing them, but if we would have gotten those two TDs, the game wouldn't have been another nailbiter at the end. Hope Ben is OK for San Fran in 10 days.

I'm happy he has more time to heal. I think he will be ok, but those extra few days help a lot!

steelerdude15
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm happy he has more time to heal. I think he will be ok, but those extra few days help a lot!
I was thinking that at halftime.

Godfather
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Don't forget we really only left one TD on the board there. The first fumble led to Troy's INT which set up the second fumble. Without the first fumble, we might just get 3 or 7 on that drive and kick off, and the rest of it never happens.

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
KEMO

Butch
12-08-2011, 11:11 PM
All this piling on on Hines and Heath is garbage! You guys think they don't feel terrible about those fumbles. On both plays the defensive player made a great play. There's two teams out there ya know. :frusty:

And Arains made a terrible call taking Wallace and Brown off the field on first and goal from the 2. I don't care that they ran Mendenhall, but damn it at least make them defense Wallace and Brown instead of stacking 11 in the box with impunity!

:jawdrop2: Holy Cow, I completely agree Zulater you hit the nail on the head!!! :applaudit:

tube517
12-08-2011, 11:13 PM
As I said in another thread, Kemo's dumb penalties hurt this team. Legursky is not as talented as Kemo but he doesn't make dumb mistakes.

We need Pouncey and Ben to heal. The playoffs have basically started now.

7willBheaven
12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
The thing about Hines and Heath's fumbles, is that they weren't "bad" fumbles. By that I mean, they came precisely because the two players were fighting for extra yards. It wasn't a mental lapse thing. Sometimes, I do wonder if it would be better for receivers to just go to the ground after two defensive players are on them, because I have seen more fumbles caused by fighting for extra yards by receivers, then I think anything else.

Right on!

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2011, 11:18 PM
No one's piling on Hines and Heath. Those guys are veterans and they know that they need to hang on to the ball.

vader29
12-08-2011, 11:45 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/x0oio6.jpg

BigNastyDefense
12-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't think anyone is piling onto Hines and Miller.

Last year against the Saints, Heath Miller did the EXACT SAME THING. I remember after that game Tomlin saying that when a ball carrier has the first down and two guys are trying to tackle him, they are going to tell the guys to just go down. It's better to get the first down and line up again than to fight for two yards and fumble the ball away to the other team.

The point is, Heather Miller & Hines Ward are veterans that know they have to hang onto the ball at all costs.

zulater
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Miler's fumble reminded me of Jerome Bettis's fumble at the end of the the playoff game against the Colts back in 2005. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like a perfect and direct hit by the defender on the ball with his helmet, with velocity. You're out there playing aggressive fighting for additional yards, you take that sort of hit on the ball, it's hard to hang on. I doubt many in the locker room will fault Heath for that play once they see it on the game film.

Texasteel
12-09-2011, 06:00 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/x0oio6.jpg

I'm going with this Kemo as well. Every time we made a play I started looking for a flag wondering what bone headed stunt He pulled this time. We could really use two new guards.

HometownGal
12-09-2011, 06:06 AM

Good post Zu and I agree. :drink:

I rarely ever question or bash Arians' decisions or play calls, but I was left scratching my head on those calls at the goal line. :doh: I also wasn't too happy with Tomlin for not going for the sure 3 when the game was so close.

Moose
12-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I've got to go with KEMO being the thorn in the brownies game. He needs to pound pavement and put his Steeler experience behind.

86WARD
12-09-2011, 08:33 AM

This...couldn't put my feelings in words any better than this.

SteelGhost
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
The only goat is Kemo IMHO. As someone said Heath's and Hines' fumbles weren't that bad to call them goats

Moose
12-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Miler's fumble reminded me of Jerome Bettis's fumble at the end of the the playoff game against the Colts back in 2005. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like a perfect and direct hit by the defender on the ball with his helmet, with velocity. You're out there playing aggressive fighting for additional yards, you take that sort of hit on the ball, it's hard to hang on. I doubt many in the locker room will fault Heath for that play once they see it on the game film.
Great post !! Can't agree more !!