PDA

View Full Version : Roster move: Hoke and Dwyer go on IR. LB Mortty Ivy, SS Damon Cromartie-Smith added..

katmandu
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195553-100.stm

Steelers place Hoke, Dwyer on IR, activiate two others
(http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195553-100.stm)
Thursday, December 08, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers today placed nose tackle Chris Hoke and running back Jonathan Dwyer on injured reserve, ending their 2010 season. They signed two practice squad players to their 53-man roster, linebacker Mortty Ivy and safety Damon Cromartie-Smith.
Hoke will have surgery next Wednesday on his neck. Dwyer has a foot injury from playing in Sunday's game against Cincinnati.
Ivy played at Gateway High School and West Virginia and was on the roster previously, playing against New England and Baltimore on special teams. Cromartie-Smith spent the 2010 season on the practice squad.
Ivy will wear No. 57 and Cromartie-Smith No. 42.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195553-100.stm#ixzz1fz2UXMHu

tube517
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Dwyer? WTF?

The Duke
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Damn, that Dwyer injury came out of nowhere. Hopefully it's not serious and he just got caught in the numbers game

do wonder about about Cromartie-Smith though. I haven't seen anything about injuries at safety

steelreserve
12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't remember seeing Dwyer in the game. Of course, they shut it off late in the third quarter when it was 35-7 and switched to the Jets game. Maybe he only got in there for garbage time.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sounds like he got a sprained foot or a broken foot that takes a month to heal, and there's only a month left in the season, so why not try out some other guys.

7willBheaven
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Damn, that Dwyer injury came out of nowhere. Hopefully it's not serious and he just got caught in the numbers game

do wonder about about Cromartie-Smith though. I haven't seen anything about injuries at safety

Dwyer was unexpected as it didnt seem to serious from what I read. I figured they'd bring Clay up or something to have another RB body in there. And I had a feeling for Hoke either Ivy or C. Bryant would be brought up. I guess they wanted to have another DB on the roster due to all the dings they been getting at Safety (minor dings for the most part, but still). Though I doubt he will dress tonight.

JayC
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
i remember seeing him get a couple carries. i want the guy from texas tech to take his job anyways next year

7willBheaven
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't remember seeing Dwyer in the game. Of course, they shut it off late in the third quarter when it was 35-7 and switched to the Jets game. Maybe he only got in there for garbage time.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sounds like he got a sprained foot or a broken foot that takes a month to heal, and there's only a month left in the season, so why not try out some other guys.

When Dwyer gets to dress he's in there for all the ST plays. Also he did get into the game for I think a few plays and then he was out...but they didnt mention any injury during the game.

Count Steeler
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm more concerned about Troy. Why activate another safety? Mundy, Clark, and Polamalu.

Maybe give some reps to Cro-Smith in case we have to play Denver, in Denver? Clark probably won't play in Denver. Very interesting!

Butch
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
i remember seeing him get a couple carries. i want the guy from texas tech to take his job anyways next year

That would be Baron Batch!!! Hope we get to see a lot of him next season as well!!!