PDA

View Full Version : Steelers CB Cortez Allen vs. Browns WR Greg Little

stillers4me
12-08-2011, 05:54 AM
The Steelers pulled an old trick from their defensive playbook against the Cincinnati Bengals when they used four cornerbacks and only one safety in their nickel package -- replacing veteran safety Ryan Clark with rookie cornerback Cortez Allen.

The scheme is something defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau uses when the opposing team employs four or more wide receivers or uses three wide receivers with a good receiving tight end.

The Steelers may not have to worry about that tonight against the Cleveland Browns. They are having a hard time finding just one receiver..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195364-66.stm#ixzz1fwXsWHsd

Steeltreal
12-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Thats interesting since Clark cant seem to find a way get a hand on a deep ball this year. Its not his fault the league crippled him with hard hitting being taken away.
Cortez Allen was getting Ike T comparisons from what I read when he was drafted. If hes progressing along with Keenan Lewis we still have Curtis Brown as a #5 and ace special team player. Seems to me that drafting a Safety next year is priority over CB

Merchant
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Interesting that Allen is higher in the depth chart than Brown.

steelreserve
12-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Makes sense -- Clark's strength isn't covering WRs down the field. Blowing up plays in the short-to-mid passing game and on the ground, absolutely. If we know they're going to pass, might as well get our four best guys out there in coverage; they've got their four best receivers out there.

suitanim
12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Little drops a lot of balls...Browns fans are unhappy with him right now. I think he has committed some dumb penalties, too...

Chidi29
12-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Interesting that Allen is higher in the depth chart than Brown.

It's been a pleasant surprise for a guy who seemed to be raw coming out of college.