PDA

View Full Version : Sacks of trouble for Big Ben

stillers4me
12-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Ben Roethlisberger and coordinator Bruce Arians publicly announced their intentions of running plenty of no-huddle offense tonight against Cleveland at Heinz Field, and they seemed not a bit concerned to let the Browns in on it.

"They should know it; we've done it three out of four weeks," Arians said. "As I get stale as a play-caller, I like to turn it over to No. 7. We have a wager on who gets to the end zone first."

Opponents might have wagers on who gets to Roethlisberger first, huddle or no-huddle...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195394-66.stm#ixzz1fwXQN1PN

43Hitman
12-08-2011, 06:28 AM
I can tell you that I'm not real happy with Bruce and Ben just telling the Browns what we plan on doing tonight. Why they did that I'll never know. Color me nervous now.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Ben Roethlisberger and coordinator Bruce Arians publicly announced their intentions of running plenty of no-huddle offense tonight against Cleveland at Heinz Field, and they seemed not a bit concerned to let the Browns in on it.

"They should know it; we've done it three out of four weeks," Arians said. "As I get stale as a play-caller, I like to turn it over to No. 7. We have a wager on who gets to the end zone first."

Opponents might have wagers on who gets to Roethlisberger first, huddle or no-huddle...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11342/1195394-66.stm#ixzz1fwXQN1PN

Just as long as ONE of them gets it in the end zone I am happy...

Hopefully last weeks TD trend continues.

....and to 43's point, I agree. It sounds as though Arians is brimming with confidence.

SCSTILLER
12-08-2011, 07:29 AM
The real point of the story is how many times Ben gets creamed during a game. Yes, there are quite a few sacks that are on him as he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but I will take those because he also has made some incredible plays by holding onto the ball too long. The O-line, both coaches and players, should read this and go "hmmmmm, maybe we should do a better job at protecting the franchise QB." Also, the front office should keep improving the OL as they have been with the recent drafts. If we want our franchise QB around for a long career, the team needs to ensure he stays upright!

siss
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Wait you mean its a good idea to protect the franchise QB? Who would have either thought it?

I wonder who wins the bet between Arians and Ben?

cold-hard-steel
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Looks like even Arians admits his play calling "becomes stale".Had to go there.

Iron Steeler
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Not a fan of this cockyness. One thing to be confident but dont challenge the other team even more. Id expect this from a player but not from a coach.

Unless its a smoke screen and we just run the ball all game

43Hitman
12-08-2011, 11:04 AM
This is certainly not one of his brightest moves. All they have done is inspired that defense to play hard when they were probably all ready making tee times for the offseason. Not now though.

Idiots.

Steeldude
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Ben Roethlisberger and coordinator Bruce Arians publicly announced their intentions of running plenty of no-huddle offense tonight against Cleveland

which means the no huddle will not be seen.

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
which means the no huddle will not be seen.

^this

43Hitman
12-08-2011, 01:40 PM
^this
I hope this is all just smoke and mirrors, because otherwise its about as dumb as you can be.

Steeldude
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I hope this is all just smoke and mirrors, because otherwise its about as dumb as you can be.

i take it as the many times the steelers said they would utilize their TE in the passing game. i am referring to years back.

i am hoping the steelers try to establish a running game against the 31st ranked run defense.

steel striker
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
After watching the ravens run all over the browns I like alot of people expect the steelers try to run the rock tonight.

suitanim
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Ben is calling the plays tonight?

Why, that means that they'll ALL work! Since Arians won't be dipping into his "predictable grab-bag of plays" (cognitive dissonance if ever there was a case), we should score a TD on every single offensive play.

Sweet!

SCSTILLER
12-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Wait you mean its a good idea to protect the franchise QB? Who would have either thought it?

The way the Steelers franchise has neglected the offensive line in recent years, sure as hell not the Steelers. Hence the sack record.