PDA

View Full Version : Which Steelers will make the Pro Bowl team, and who wont that should?

zulater
12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Believe it or not we're only a couple weeks away from the Pro Bowl team's being announced. Now obviously no one actually gives a damn about the game itself, and in fact since going to the Super Bowl precludes one from participating in the game hopefully no Steeler will actually play in it. That said, everyone enjoys it when a member of their team is selected, and of course we all get steamed when a deserving member of our team gets snubbed.

So with no further ado. Who makes it, and who wont but should?

for extra credit, give us your early choice for Steelers MVP.

tube517
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM
who wont but should?

Ike Taylor

zulater
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Will make it.

Ben. Wallace, Pouncey, Harrison, and Troy.

Should make it but wont. Ike and Max Starks.

Team MVP Big Ben.

polamalubeast
12-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Roethlisberger
Mike Wallace
Pouncey
Ike Taylor
Polamalu

if it had not been for the injury of Woodley and Harrison probably he would have been too.

zulater
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Roethlisberger
Mike Wallace
Pouncey
Ike Taylor
Polamalu

if it had not been for the injury of Woodley and Harrison probably he would have been too.

I'll wager Harrison will make it. He's one of those automatic write in's almost. Plus his numbers will bear it out by the time they select the team. He's got 8 sacks as it is, he'll rack up double digit sacks by the time they choose the team.

What about Keisel? He made it last year, and his play this year is even better. I guess it depends on the rest of the conference and who he's up against?

zulater
12-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I think Ryan Clark is having a Pro Bowl quality season as well.

dislocatedday
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
I think these guys definitely make the team:

Ben
Wallace
Pouncey
Taylor (...I think he is a shoo-in to be honest, even though he has never been selected previously..)
Harrison
Polamalu

I think these four should, but likely will not be selected:

Kiesel
Woodley
Miller
Starks

....and Ben is the team MVP

Steeldude
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
according to the way many people seem to act on here i would guess the entire team would make the pro bowl...lol.

the pro bowl means nothing. it's been that way for a long time. for example, ray lewis will make it based on name.

polamalubeast
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
according to the way many people seem to act on here i would guess the entire team would make the pro bowl...lol.

the pro bowl means nothing. it's been that way for a long time. for example, ray lewis will make it based on name.

And also Ray Lewis is one of the best LB history!

zulater
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM

We all know the game means nothing, but getting selected matters to fans and players alike. It's good for conversation if nothing else.

And contrary to your claim I have as yet to see an unreasonable case being made for an undeserved Steeler.

Steeldude
12-07-2011, 08:29 PM
And also Ray Lewis is one of the best LB history!

and the point you are trying to make is...?

Gabefergy
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
and the point you are trying to make is...?
The point is Ray Lewis doesnt make the Pro Bowl on name alone. He makes it every year because he is still that good.

43Hitman
12-08-2011, 06:49 AM
The point is Ray Lewis doesnt make the Pro Bowl on name alone. He makes it every year because he is still that good.

No he isn't. He piles on at the end of a play to get credit for a tackle, and to be honest the Ravens D has been better with him out the past few games. Ray Ray has been getting in on his name alone for the past 4 years. Easily.

Steeldude
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM

he hasn't done much this year to be deserving of what a pro bowl invite should be. he will get in on his name. the pro bowl has been like this for quite a long time.

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
wallace
brown
troy
harrison

who should, but will be snubbed
ben
ike

The Duke
12-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I just want to see Ike make it, he deserves it for all his years of high level play

hope no one else gets voted in though. Especially young guys like Wallace

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
No he isn't. He piles on at the end of a play to get credit for a tackle, and to be honest the Ravens D has been better with him out the past few games. Ray Ray has been getting in on his name alone for the past 4 years. Easily.

not really

Yes, the Ravens had a big game against the 49ers, but before the game, the Ravens had allowed 500 yards against the Bengals at home and they almost had a collapse after leading 31-14.

The past week was against the browns.

The Ravens defense was the best in the NFL before Ray Lewis gets hurt, so it's not true that the Ravens are better without Lewis!

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
wallace
brown
troy
harrison

who should, but will be snubbed
ben
ike

Roethlisberger will not be snubbed.

He only Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger who play has an elite level in the AFC this year.

siss
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
The whole team should make the pro bowl...but non of them will able to attend the game because they will be busy getting ready for another game.

XxKnightxX
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM

He only Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger who play has an elite level in the AFC this year.

Nah Phillup Rivers is super Elite QB. Hes so talented. :behindsofa:

tube517
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM

Tim Tebow :peep:

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 02:25 PM

He has a bad year this year..........

XxKnightxX
12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
He has a bad year this year..........

Yes indeed he has, and if he gets in ahead of Ben, which I dont know why ,but I feel like its gonna happen, it will just show how much of a joke the Pro bowl is. Its just a way for individuals to just get another paycheck.

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes indeed he has, and if he gets in ahead of Ben, which I dont know why ,but I feel like its gonna happen, it will just show how much of a joke the Pro bowl is. Its just a way for individuals to just get another paycheck.

In the latest ranking, Roethlisberger was in the top 10 of all NFL players vote for the pro bowl.

Tebow is more likely to be the Pro Bowl than Rivers.

Roethlisberger and Brady is 100% certain that they will be at the Pro Bowl..Do not panic, Roethlisberger will be there..

Steeldude
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
it wouldn't be a surprise to see tebow make it. popularity contest. he is a horrible QB

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM

id love to think that ben is a shoe in, but as steel dude has pointed out this isnt about what you do on the field anymore. the first your romo was a starter he played something like 8 games and was sent to Hawaii for 8 games worth of work!! i really think that 50% of the folks that get to go is because of their name and what they have done in the past or they are media darlings.

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
NFL's top-10 Pro Bowl vote getters*
Pos. Player Team Votes
QB Aaron Rodgers Packers 961,818
QB Tom Brady Patriots 873,424
WR Calvin Johnson Lions 743,335
WR Wes Welker Patriots 684,591
RB Adrian Peterson Vikings 680,428
QB Drew Brees Saints 655,655
WR Greg Jennings Packers 602,323
WR Mike Wallace Steelers 575,821
QB Ben Roethlisberger Steelers 565,378
RB Matt Forte Bears 563,441
* Vote totals through Nov. 30

polamalubeast
12-08-2011, 03:48 PM
id love to think that ben is a shoe in, but as steel dude has pointed out this isnt about what you do on the field anymore. the first your romo was a starter he played something like 8 games and was sent to Hawaii for 8 games worth of work!! i really think that 50% of the folks that get to go is because of their name and what they have done in the past or they are media darlings.

It was in 2006 and I must admit it was not much good QB in the NFC after Drew Brees in 2006 ..

O'Malley
12-08-2011, 04:09 PM

^This!!!!
I hope none are eligible do to having to play in the Super Bowl... The only Bowl I care about!!!!!

XxKnightxX
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
In the latest ranking, Roethlisberger was in the top 10 of all NFL players vote for the pro bowl.

Tebow is more likely to be the Pro Bowl than Rivers.

Roethlisberger is 100% certain that he will be at the Super Bowl..Do not panic, Roethlisberger will be there..

Fixed it for ya lol