PDA

View Full Version : Steelers establishment of mental edge over the rest of the AFC is inevitable

SteelerEmpire
12-07-2011, 08:47 AM
...This really was rare sight to see a Mike Tomlin lead team jump out early and keep the foot on the gas pedal. It's very uncharacteristic that the Steelers deployed this game plan-but I like it. If a killer instinct can be developed down the home stretch of this season, the last piece of the puzzle is in place...

LINK: http://blog.pennlive.com/nfl-football/2011/12/steelers_establishment_of_ment.html

polamalubeast
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
The Steelers can beat all the teams in the NFL, even if it's on the road.

They are 7-1 since the week 5 and they were very close to being 8-0!

salamander
12-07-2011, 10:53 AM

And we've really only lost to 2 teams. If not for giving up that 92-yd TD drive we'd be at 10-2.

polamalubeast
12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
And we've really only lost to 2 teams. If not for giving up that 92-yd TD drive we'd be at 10-2.

and 8-0 in the last 8 games!

Edman
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
December-January is the time of year where teams start establishing a groove or start fading.

Even during October and November when the Steelers were streaking. You look at them and you could see they weren't playing their best just yet. There were still some hiccups like points being left on the field on offense, the Defense wasn't getting turnovers and the run game/redzone game has been on and off.

I hope what we saw against Cincy was a sign of what's to come from this season and it's the dudes turning up the heat for the playoffs. The team that showed up Sunday will beat anyone at home or on the road.

suitanim
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I still feel that all this comes down to one thing: We HAVE to be able to run the ball. This has little to do with Bruce Arians...it has almost everything to do with the blocking up front.

Merchant
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Very poorly written article. From a spelling perspective. Hard to take it seriously. Although I do agree with the overall point.

suitanim
12-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Very poorly written article. From a spelling perspective. Hard to take it seriously. Although I do agree with the overall point.

Most of these blogs are...I gave up trying to correct it or even commenting on it. Just another symptom of the decline of the US educational system.

The WH
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Most of these blogs are...I gave up trying to correct it or even commenting on it. Just another symptom of the decline of the US educational system. I blame cell phones being not banned in schools. Kids are too busy tweeting and googling to pay attention, and the teachers are too handcuffed by bullshit policy and helicopter parents to change anything.

zulater
12-07-2011, 02:35 PM

There were a couple of those we could have lost too.

salamander
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
There were a couple of those we could have lost too.

True, but we have to deal with heart attack-inducing games every season. It wouldn't be a Steelers season without some games that end up being a lot closer than they should. :chuckle:

Iron Steeler
12-07-2011, 03:55 PM
We had one good game against the bengals. Now if we do the same to browns miners rams in a row. I would call that momentum. Right now the little snow ball has been made. Now let's see if we can roll it down the hill

SMR
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
We had one good game against the bengals. Now if we do the same to browns miners rams in a row. I would call that momentum. Right now the little snow ball has been made. Now let's see if we can roll it down the hill

Such perfect analogy.

:applaudit:

suitanim
12-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Steelers to Ravens: "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
Ravens: "These aren't the droids we're looking for"

Iron Steeler
12-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Steelers to Ravens: "These aren't the droids you're looking for"
Ravens: "These aren't the droids we're looking for"

Always love a star wars reference!