PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: No chance of looking past Browns

stillers4me
12-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Mike Tomlin amused many at his news conference while talking about Cleveland's Joshua Cribbs Monday.

"We cannot let Josh Cribbs do what he's done to us time and time again in the past. We've been dead Indians in his cowboy movie enough," Tomlin said in a not-quite-PC comment because the coach apparently wasn't talking about the Cleveland Indians.

No, Tomlin meant the Steelers because they have been victims of Cribbs through the years, mostly as a return man. The problem for the Cleveland Browns is that has not been enough. The Steelers have beaten the Browns 14 of the past 15 times they've played, 20 of the past 22.

Thursday, they play again and there is no evidence the Browns can become the cowboys at Heinz Field, no matter how hard Mike Tomlin tried to come to their defense.................

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11340/1194829-66.stm#ixzz1fkocLOC7

Butch
12-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Let's unleash Hell!!!

Don't look past anybody...not even the browns!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2011, 01:04 PM
BROWNS WEEK!

We can not lose to the Browns. We miss the playoffs whenever we lose a regular season game to the Browns the last 10 years or so. Its is important we continue to Beat the teams we are supposed to Beat.

What concerns are there vs the Browns. its hard to really say cause they stink, I guess Cribbs always gives us fits and their RB Hillis is playing this week I think and we are missing a few key guys so the back ups will need to be sharp. Once again, get out to a big lead and put our boot on their throat. No looking ahead to the big game in California in a couple weeks. We must win this game if we are going to be serious about making a Super Bowl Run.

BigNastyDefense
12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't see us losing this game, then again I didn't see us losing in 2009.

McCoy is an average QB at best right now, and I think a big part of that is because he doesn't have any weapons in the passing game. The team's wide receivers wouldn't be better than third our fourth receivers on most NFL teams. Hillis has been a little bitch and I don't see him being a threat in this game, will probably leave with another "injury."

Steelers win this game in a blowout like on Sunday.

ALLD
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I noticed when the Steelers win a blowout, the national media does make much of a deal like when the Pats or Colts win. But if the Steelers lose they pile on much like the Cowboys are getting now. Also, if somebody almost comes back to beat the Pats like the Colts last week, then the Colts almost did it or gave a great effort, but if the Steelers let somebody score some points in garbage time, then they barely hung on or almost had a huge loss.

polamalubeast
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
In 2009, before the game against the Browns, the Steelers have had just four losses in a row, including a dreadful loss against the raiders.

The steelers were shocked after the loss against the raiders and he was in a short week.

Its been a very embarrassing moment, because after the loss against the Browns, the Steelers had a record of 6-7, and he had just lost against a team of 1-11,but I'm sure the Steelers have not lost against the Browns, if he would not have had the shocked loss against the raiders.

vader29
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I take it the Steelers are wearing their throwback jerseys tomorrow night?

O'Malley
12-08-2011, 03:51 AM
I take it the Steelers are wearing their throwback jerseys tomorrow night?

Please tell me they burnt those throwbacks...

HometownGal
12-08-2011, 03:52 AM
As always, I take no team lightly - not even the Browns - and I'm sure the Steelers won't get caught with their pants down either.

Austin87
12-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Let's unleash Hell!!!

No you didn't.