PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 complaint department is open.

zulater
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I've got nothing? :noidea: :heh:

Seriously outside of a couple early drops that stalled our first two series, and Tomlin going for a field goal that had no chance of succeeding, I can't think of a thing.

st33lersguy
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The Ravens are 9-3. Sorry that is all I could think of

Godfather
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Hines only got up smiling after one of the times he was tackled. He needs to smile every time.

polamalubeast
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Shaun Suisham

worst kicker in the nfl....

and only 3/11 on 3rd down in the offense

polamalubeast
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
And the o-line, because Roethlisberger is now the leader of the steelers for the QB who has suffered the most sacks.

SCSTILLER
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
That fricken CBS switched the game for the Jets/Redskins game in my area! I missed the first have due to work, flew home (probably broke about ten traffic laws on the way) to catch the second half, saw Wallace's TD and bam, switch to doing yard work. BS!

Moose
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Letting the bungholes score 7 pts. and not hammering the cinnamon boy( gingerbread boy) into shock symptons.

43Hitman
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Ike Taylor got worked yesterday several times by A.J. Green. He was out of position a few times and overall had a lackluster day, and the pick he got, albeit a nice one, really just covered up a bad day for him.

Merchant
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Ike Taylor got worked yesterday several times by A.J. Green. He was out of position a few times and overall had a lackluster day, and the pick he got, albeit a nice one, really just covered up a bad day for him.

A.J. Green's worked a lot of corner's this season.

steeldevil
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
That fricken CBS switched the game for the Jets/Redskins game in my area! I missed the first have due to work, flew home (probably broke about ten traffic laws on the way) to catch the second half, saw Wallace's TD and bam, switch to doing yard work. BS!

I agree. My only complaint of this game is with CBS. Fuck them. I missed the last 18 minutes....

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I seriously have nothing this week. Against a team of that caliber? i mean damn. What an effort. Maybe better coverage on Green? He was kept mostly in check other than the huge 40+ yard catch and the TD though.

tube517
12-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Should've been 72-0. They left too many points on the field. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Still don't trust Suisham at all, but there aren't any other options.

43Hitman
12-05-2011, 08:08 PM

Yeah that decision to kick a 50 yarder was suspect imo. Sushi is like a limp fish beyond 45.

zulater
12-05-2011, 08:25 PM

The touchdown wasn't Ike's fault.

zulater
12-05-2011, 08:28 PM

His kickoffs were great yesterday. And I've noticed he's much more accurate from the left hash than the right. If we do come across a game situation where we need a 45+ yarder for a tie or win, I sure as hell hope they can work the spot away from the right hashmark.

NCSteeler
12-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Nothing really, but it is becoming clear that AJ is going to be a thorn for years to come.

HometownGal
12-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Nothing for me to B & M about. They kicked the Bungles' asses all over the field and got a W. :tt03:

Count Steeler
12-06-2011, 04:59 AM
This W sure felt better than the KC W. I know, it is still a W, but why play 60 minutes when you can ice a team in 45.

suitanim
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
I only have one complaint, and it's a big one.

Who the Hell is the Steelers equipment manager? The turf is in better shape than usual at this point of the season, but for some reason OUR guys are slipping all over their own field while the visitors aren't. And this isn't the first year this has gone on. It bothers me....a lot!

86WARD
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Shaun Suisham

worst kicker in the nfl....

and only 3/11 on 3rd down in the offense

Winner.

43Hitman
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM

I never said it was. He still had a bad day though.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM
too many stupid bubble screens

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Who's was it? Looked like Ike was in man and didn't see Green peal off behind him.

stillers4me
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgg60Kxn5SQ

43Hitman
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgg60Kxn5SQ

That guy has been reading our gameday threads. :rofl2:

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2011, 09:19 PM
"Run the ball!...We should be passing the ball all day!"

Nadroj 20
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Who's was it? Looked like Ike was in man and didn't see Green peal off behind him.

Yeah its not like he thought there could be help over the top because it was in the endzone not the middle of the field...i was blaming ike at the moment

suitanim
12-07-2011, 05:35 AM
too many stupid bubble screens

Like the one to Wallace...that went for a TD?

GBMelBlount
12-07-2011, 06:53 AM
I never said it was (Ike's fault) . He still had a bad day though.

Maybe if he didn't focus on interceptions so much...:grin:

zulater
12-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah its not like he thought there could be help over the top because it was in the endzone not the middle of the field...i was blaming ike at the moment

I don't know if they were in straight man to man that play? I think they weren't. So specific to that play I think Ike went with Green as far as he was supposed to, and Green slowed and found a dead spot in the zone, and since the Steelers didn't get any pressure on Daulton, he was able to find his man.

If you want to see Ike's impact in that game, when it was still a 7-0 game, he used perfect technique to break up a first down pass to Green on the left sideline, that would have been good for 8 yards. That was a huge play because it impacted a series while it was still a game.

zulater
12-07-2011, 07:01 AM

It only sucks when it does't work. In fact when it works we shouldn't even call it a bubble screen, we'll call it a short sideline pattern instead. Yeah that it will do it, so when it fails I can say, damn why did Bruce call the bubble screen, when we all know the short sideline pass would have worked much better?!

:chuckle:

86WARD
12-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Or the one to Hines Ward that went for 9 yards? Or the other 5 that went for negative yardage?

zulater
12-07-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm watching the game on NFL rewind. I'm guessing the coaches will be quite happy with Ike Taylor's game. He played a very good game overall.

zulater
12-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Or the one to Hines Ward that went for 9 yards? Or the other 5 that went for negative yardage?

If they took the bubble screen out of the playbook, Hines would be deactivated for the remainder of the season.

Also consider teams that play us have to defense against that. You can't see how that opens up the quick slant patterns?

suitanim
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
A) The first bubble screen failure was on Ben. PacMan had the play sniffed out and was right up on the LOS. Ben needs better situational awareness. Should have ran and audible or something.
B) The bubble screen is nothing more or less than a running play utilizing a WR out in space. It also helps suck up DB's so Wallace can run right past them later
C) It's a staple play in all NFL playbooks now. People hate runs up the gut, too, but no team is ever going to stop running that play, either...

HollywoodSteel
12-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't like that we went 3 and out on opening series due to a dropped pass. Then there was another dropped pass on the next series. Was hoping that we'd worked the dropsies out of our system in the last game.

I though the defense came out flat on the Bengals' opening drive. Harrison had some big plays later in the game, mostly when he was unblocked or being blocked by a tight end. Didn't like that Whitworth handled him one on one most of the time but I had a feeling that would happen.

As far as play calling, the only time I really got pissed was a play that actually worked. That pitch back to Mendy that resulted in the first TD. For some reason that play always smells like it's going to be for a loss, and it did for a second on that play too, but somehow he ended up in the end zone. Then I was even more pissed off that it worked because that means that Arians will keep using it.

I really look hard for reasons to be irritated. I probably need help.