PDA

View Full Version : Pining for some Cowher-ball

GodfatherofSoul
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I love seeing us blow a team out instead of keeping them in the game until the last minute, but at 4 possessions I figured that was more than enough space to switch the offense to at least 60-40 run. I thought that was what would happen when Charlie came in, but we seemed to keep up the passing attack. Seems like we'd have done a better job burning clock and keeping defenders out of the backfield, even with negative yardage runs.

X-Terminator
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
They've done that before only to have fans bitch because they didn't keep the pressure on. So no matter what they do, there will be fans who won't be happy.

XxKnightxX
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I love seeing us blow a team out instead of keeping them in the game until the last minute, but at 4 possessions I figured that was more than enough space to switch the offense to at least 60-40 run. I thought that was what would happen when Charlie came in, but we seemed to keep up the passing attack. Seems like we'd have done a better job burning clock and keeping defenders out of the backfield, even with negative yardage runs.

Its hard running the ball with a sub par offensive line and everyone stuffing the box and blitzing on every down and lose yardage.

BlastFurnace
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
No matter the way they decide to go, I want them to keep the pedal to the medal and bury teams so that they can't come back.

Right now, the mode that best fits this is passing...atleast so it appears.

Yesterday was great. Nice blowout win yesterday.

The WH
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
This is completely unrelated, but I think an interesting rule would be that the clock stops if the running back is stopped for a loss. Interesting, not nescessarily good, but interesting. Edit, no, that would be a horrible rule.

i take it back.

BlastFurnace
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
This is completely unrelated, but I think an interesting rule would be that the clock stops if the running back is stopped for a loss. Interesting, not nescessarily good, but interesting. Edit, no, that would be a horrible rule.

i take it back.

LOL...don't give Goodell any ideas.

He's ruined the game enough.