PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Can Clinch Playoff Spot In Week 14

polamalubeast
12-05-2011, 06:45 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have a chance to clinch a playoff spot in week 14 and it can happen with 3 different scenarios. The only spot they can clinch this upcoming week is the 6th seed in the AFC as it stands right now. They of course can improve on that going forward. Below are the 3 playoff spot clinching scenarios and they all 3 include them beating the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night. All 3 also include the Cincinnati Bengals losing in week 14 to the Houston Texans. The most likeliest scenario to happen in my opinion is #2. Should that one come to fruition, the Steelers would be 10-3 and the Oakland Raiders, New York Jets and Bengals would all be 7-6. The Steelers would own tie breakers over all 3.

Scenario #1
Steelers beat the Browns, and
Packers beat the Raiders, and
Chiefs beat the Jets, and
Texans beat the Bengals

Scenario #2
Saints beat the Titans, and
Texans beat the Bengals

Scenario #3
Chiefs beat the Jets, and
Texans beat the Bengals

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/steelers-clinch-playoff-spot-week-14-playoff-scenarios/

HometownGal
12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey - I'll take any one of those scenarios in order to clinch that spot. :thumbsup: It's a short week for our boys and I hope they bring it on Thursday against the Browns like they did against the Bungles! :tt03:

Edman
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Heres how to get to the postseason.

Just win and let everything take core of itself. Better yet, just win out.

salamander
12-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Coming off a big win and a short week, I hope they're ready for the Brownies.

With that said, the only thing I'm worried about is us winning our games. Everything else will fall into place.

suitanim
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I've been saying it all along, we need a stumble by the Rats, maybe two, and probably need to win out, and I'm not sure we can beat the 49ers on the road.

Ravens COULD lose to the Chargers (In SD), and I think they WILL lose to Cinci in week 17. If they drop both, we can afford to lose one more, as we will be 12-4 and the ratfilth will drop to 11-5. I don't see this happening. I think they will EITHER lose to Cinci OR SD, but not both. I which case we must win out.

My concern lies in the fact that we play like dogshit on the road. Hopefully the resurgent running game is here to stay and not a one-game fluke, because that enhances our road cred immensely.

If we end up in a scenario where we are 12-4 or even 13 and 3 and STILL end up as a 5 seed and have to play some shitty AFC West team on the road, I can easily see us one-and-doneing. What a sad waste it would be for the best team in the AFC to end up losing to a POS Tebow-led 8-8 Bronco's team simply because they can't win on the road.

If we have homefield throughout, we'll be rematching the Pack in the SB. If we don't, our chances drop precipitously...

Edman
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
If the Steelers wind up with the 5th seed, they're traveling across the country to Denver or Oakland. We can't have that. Not saying the Steelers can't win on the road, but this is one time where they can't afford to.

fansince'76
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
If we end up in a scenario where we are 12-4 or even 13 and 3 and STILL end up as a 5 seed and have to play some shitty AFC West team on the road, I can easily see us one-and-doneing. What a sad waste it would be for the best team in the AFC to end up losing to a POS Tebow-led 8-8 Bronco's team simply because they can't win on the road.

Not worried in the least about the Broncos. Lost amidst all the feel-good stories about Tebow is the fact that the Broncos have just barely been getting by bad teams. The last halfway decent team they played was Detroit and they got absolutely stomped at home in that game. They'll be lucky to even score against our D.

polamalubeast
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
https://www.msu.edu/~pongsree/some%20cliparts/Steelers/white.JPG

I believe!

suitanim
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Not worried in the least about the Broncos. Lost amidst all the feel-good stories about Tebow is the fact that the Broncos have just barely been getting by bad teams. The last halfway decent team they played was Detroit and they got absolutely stomped at home in that game. They'll be lucky to even score against our D.

But we are a team that plays badly against bad teams, especially when we travel. I fear Denver because they are such a bad team!

polamalubeast
12-05-2011, 11:44 AM
But we are a team that plays badly against bad teams, especially when we travel. I fear Denver because they are such a bad team!

The Steelers have not lost against a bad team since 2009(and it was without Polamalu)!

The eight losses of the Steelers since 2010, against(last year) the ravens(12-4),saints(11-5),patriots(14-2),Jets(11-5),packers.....This year,Ravens(9-3),Texans(9-3)

The Duke
12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
The Steelers have not lost against a bad team since 2009(and it was without Polamalu)!

The eight losses of the Steelers since 2010, against(last year) the ravens(12-4),saints(11-5),patriots(14-2),Jets(11-5),packers.....This year,Ravens(9-3),Texans(9-3)

good point

but many games have been way too close. And in the playoffs, with Suisham kicking, I don't want any close games, especially against a bad team

The WH
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
If Pittsburgh plays Denver, in Denver, in the playoffs, I would worry about the forces that be throwing alot of yellow flags on the Steelers defense.

Other than the heavy hand of officiating there is no reason why Dick Lebeau couldn't steal Te-buzzword only-bow's lunch money.

Count Steeler
12-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I think the Ratbirds have figured out how to win. Run Ray Rice. If Cameron turns back around and only gives him 5 carries a game, we deserve to win the division.

I fear we blew our chance when we let the Ravens march 92 yards with 2 minutes to go in our own house. What a shame if that keeps us out of the SB.

Craic
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Not anymore. This year we have lost to two teams. Both of whom are number 1 in their divisions. We are winning games we should win, even if it is ugly.

Craic
12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
If Pittsburgh plays Denver, in Denver, in the playoffs, I would worry about the forces that be throwing alot of yellow flags on the Steelers defense.

Other than the heavy hand of officiating there is no reason why Dick Lebeau couldn't steal Te-buzzword only-bow's lunch money.

????

We will be getting flagged the same way Denver's defense gets flagged. Seeing as it is their CB's that will have to be working double-time all game, I think any kind of heavy-handed officiating benefits us. You DO realize that every fanbase in the NFL believes the refs are against them, right?

GoSlash27
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
My concern lies in the fact that we play like dogshit on the road.
The Steelers are 4-2 on the road; best in the division.
Not sayin' SF is gonna be easy, but we have a full 10 days to prepare. We need to win out and not worry about the things we can't control.

The WH
12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
????

We will be getting flagged the same way Denver's defense gets flagged. Seeing as it is their CB's that will have to be working double-time all game, I think any kind of heavy-handed officiating benefits us. You DO realize that every fanbase in the NFL believes the refs are against them, right?
The NFL loves a story. Always has, always will. Tebow (who they have seemed to have latched onto as the next great white hope) beating the 6 time Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers in his first playoff trip is a story.

Be UN-reasonable for just one second. :tongue1:

Craic
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
The NFL loves a story. Always has, always will. Tebow (who they have seemed to have latched onto as the next great white hope) beating the 6 time Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers in his first playoff trip is a story.

Be UN-reasonable for just one second. :tongue1:
lol :chuckle:

Honestly, I'd rather lose to Tebow than anyone else in the playoffs. Least he's someone that we can respect off the field.

Moose
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I think it's all going to come down to the Rat's playing the bungholes. This isn't a gimme with the browns, I think we will win because we are home, but I'm not expecting a win like we did with the bungholes. I'm not sure the Texan's will beat the bungholes next week. The Texan's are hurting and they are coming to cincy to play. Could be a real tough fought game. And the chargers aren't that good right now either, so the rat's may be able to take them down easily. It's going to have to be us taking care of business.

SteelGhost
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't fear the Broncos, Tebow will have nightmares for a year if he has to face our LB corps, besides Denver's air can help Sushi if the game is close, lol.

The WH
12-06-2011, 03:31 AM
lol :chuckle:

Honestly, I'd rather lose to Tebow than anyone else in the playoffs. Least he's someone that we can respect off the field.

I think it's all a front.

suitanim
12-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Tebow wears jorts.

All I'm saying is that without a great running game, it's very difficult to win on the road in the playoffs. Does anyone want to play in Foxboro in January? Baltimore?

86WARD
12-06-2011, 09:08 AM
No. They'd lose both of those.

polamalubeast
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Tebow wears jorts.

All I'm saying is that without a great running game, it's very difficult to win on the road in the playoffs. Does anyone want to play in Foxboro in January? Baltimore?

why not!

I would rather see the Steelers on the road in Baltimore or New England than see the steelers be eliminated!

Remember in 2005, they won in Indianapolis and Denver where the Broncos were 8-0 at home in 2005.

I'll believe it, even if it's on the road.

The WH
12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
It sucks to think that thanks to shitty time management on behalf of the Steelers the New England Patriots are going to have guaranteed home field advantage throughout the playoffs AGAIN, even though Pittsburgh destroyed them.

And thanks to this awful way of deciding playoff seedings (should be top 6 best teams regardless of Division crowns) The Steelers are going to go in at the 5th seed with a 12-4 record at worst and Denver will be in 4th with a worse record.

BigNastyDefense
12-06-2011, 10:41 AM
We can still take the division.

Also, I am not afraid of the Denver Tebows. I don't think they can beat us. Make Tebow throw it against our defense when they are behind by 14+ points? Yeah...they won't come back.

Play Baltimore on the road? I am fine with that. They don't scare me.

Play in New England in January? I am not afraid of the Patriots.

We'll kick some Browns ass on Thursday, and then go to San Francisco and beat them up. Are they good? Yeah. But they aren't as good as some people think. We can shut down Frank Gore...and we'll make Alex Smith look like the guy from the past. The difference between that Alex Smith and this year's is that he isn't being asked to carry the weight of the offense like he was before.

Merchant
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm still hoping San Diego can build momentum from their blowout of the Jags and beat the Ravens for us.

suitanim
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
This all could have been avoided. One more run play might have done it.

One defensive stand along the way of 92 yards. Maybe just one PLAY along those 92 yards.

Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves...

steeldevil
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM

One defensive stand along the way of 92 yards. Maybe just one PLAY along those 92 yards.

Yep.

But with that said, I'll still be cheering for the Rats to lose.

polamalubeast
12-06-2011, 11:05 AM

The Steelers still have 9-3 and 7-1 in their last 8 games.It has only the 49ers and Packers who has more win that the steelers right now.

It's just that the AFC NORTH is the only division at the moment with two Super Bowl contender...The Steelers and Ravens are probably two of the top 5 record in the NFL since 2008.

He has no better competition than that between the Ravens and Steelers since 2008 in the NFL.

fansince'76
12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Play Baltimore on the road? I am fine with that. They don't scare me.

Play in New England in January? I am not afraid of the Patriots.

Me neither. If the team that showed up last Sunday shows up in the playoffs, they can beat anybody anywhere.

polamalubeast
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:
1) PIT win + CIN loss + NYJ loss + TEN loss OR
2) PIT win + CIN loss + NYJ loss + DEN loss + OAK loss OR
3) PIT win + CIN loss + TEN loss + DEN loss + OAK loss

suitanim
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I just want a clear path, and only two homes, between the Steelers and a rematch with the Packers.

Count Steeler
12-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Me neither. If the team that showed up last Sunday shows up in the playoffs, they can beat anybody anywhere.

Any way we can guarantee that this team shows up like they did on Sunday? Sure would be nice to see our guys play to their full potential most weeks.

Perhaps the vets are starting to sniff the post season, so they are getting the juices flowing.

suitanim
12-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Any way we can guarantee that this team shows up like they did on Sunday? Sure would be nice to see our guys play to their full potential most weeks.

Perhaps the vets are starting to sniff the post season, so they are getting the juices flowing.

Yeah, if we KNEW that THAT team would show up, Hell, I'd give them even odds of beating Green Bay in the Super Bowl if it held at Lambeau Field.

Edman
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Steelers got the "Win" part down. Let's see what happens Sunday.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Lets Go Colts!!!!

LMFAO! Yeah Right...if the Ravens lose to the Colts, Ray Lewis may actually KILL a team mate after the game.

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
PIT win + CIN loss + TEN loss + DEN loss + OAK loss

It is a scenario that most likely.

But I think the Titans can win against the Saints, as Saints have only 3-3 on the road and the Bengals can win against the Texans due to the injury of Houston.

I think the broncos will win against the Bears, but I'm sure the Packers will win against the raiders.

I think Denver and the Bengals will win and I think the Raiders and Titans will lose.

Edman
12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
The Ravens are playing the winless Colts at home. No way they lose that game.

polamalubeast
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
The Ravens are playing the winless Colts at home. No way they lose that game.

If it happens(colts win), it would be the biggest upset in the regular season in the NFL in the last 15 years

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2011, 10:25 PM
If it happens(colts win), it would be the biggest upset in the regular season in the NFL in the last 15 years

That was worth a double post! :rofl2:

I know anything is possible in today's NFL, but if that happens, I'll start believing in the Mayan calendar.

Personally, I think Baltimore loses one more game; either to San Diego or Cincinnati. And I think the Steelers will drop their next game in Frisco. Both ending up at 12-4.

X-Terminator
12-09-2011, 10:40 PM
There is no way in hell the Ravens lose at home to the Colts. Best chance for Ravens' losses are at SD and at CIN.

fansince'76
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM

I tend to be an optimist, but that ain't happening.

st33lersguy
12-10-2011, 07:43 PM
No matter what happens this week the fact that Pittsburgh has a chance to clinch a playoff spot in week 14 means they are in excellent position for a playoff spot

zulater
12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Basically if the Steelers win one more game, they assure themselves of the 5 seed. If they lose out ( God forbid) they'll still almost certainly make it in as the 6 seed. Remember all the teams chasing for the second wildcard all have at least 5 losses already, and all already have more conference losses than the Steelers would even if they lose the season finale to the Browns.

stillers4me
12-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I've got a headache trying to read this thread.

:chuckle:

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:
1) PIT win + CIN loss + NYJ loss + TEN loss OR
2) PIT win + CIN loss + NYJ loss + DEN loss + OAK loss OR
3) PIT win + CIN loss + TEN loss + DEN loss + OAK loss

NO lead 22-17 vs TEN,CIN LOSS

The WH
12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
So can the Packers beat the Raiders?

Edman
12-11-2011, 03:13 PM
The Jets aren't losing today. The Bengals lost and the Titans are down 5 right now.

So it's up to the Bears and Packers winning today.

Edman
12-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The Saints doing their best 2009 Steelers impression. Come on, Damnit.

Okay, now the Saints win. Oh yeah. The Texans are AFC South Champs.

Bengals Lose, Titans Lose. Go Packers and Bears.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
saints win

The WH
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
So can the Bears beat Denver?

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Palmer is a idiot!!!!!

Edman
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
7-0 Green Bay starts with a bang.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I think the broncos will win today, but they will lose next week against the Patriots.

JayC
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
so all we need is the raiders to lose now and we're in?

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
so all we need is the raiders to lose now and we're in?

raiders and broncos

SMR
12-11-2011, 03:44 PM
raiders and broncos

Dat's right. I'm about to start biting my nails cuz WE NEED TO REST SOME OF OUR STARTERS!!!! Tired of the injuries, including our beloved Ben's! Come on Pack and Bears!

Edman
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
14-0 Green Bay. The Pack seem to be in control.

Chicago and Denver Scoreless.

7willBheaven
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
But I thought and read (besides the 1st post of this thread) that one scenario was..

Steelers beat the Browns, Packers beat the Raiders, Saints beat the Titans, and Texans beat the Bengals.

When did the Broncos having to loose come into play?

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
But I thought and read (besides the 1st post of this thread) that one scenario was..

Steelers beat the Browns, Packers beat the Raiders, Saints beat the Titans, and Texans beat the Bengals.

I do not know, but the Steelers need to defeat for the Broncos be guaranteed to be in the playoff today

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Packers lead 24-0...game over!

0-0 Bears vs broncos

Edman
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't know why, but it's true the Steelers also need the Raiders and the Broncos to lose.

Green Bay is swamping the Raiders right now and the Bears and Broncos are scoreless.

7willBheaven
12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
I do not know, but the Steelers need to defeat for the Broncos be guaranteed to be in the playoff today

Is there a link to somewhere that says this?

As i wouldnt think both of them will matter...as theres a good chance one of them will be the division winner over there and the division winner has nothing to do with the Steelers...it just doesnt make sense.

Edman
12-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Bears go up 7-0.

salamander
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM

That was my question too...

The OP had 3 scenarios, and scenario #2 played out... (The Pack have a huge lead over Oakland)

Scenario #2
Texans beat the Bengals

stillers4me
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
3 down... one to go!

Scenario #2
Texans beat the Bengals

The WH
12-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I think the poster at Steelersdepot didn't have their shit together possibly. The second set posted in this thread later appears to have come from NFL.com

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I think the poster at Steelersdepot didn't have their shit together possibly. The second set posted in this thread later appears to have come from NFL.com

yes

The WH
12-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Go Bears!

Edman
12-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Broncos try Onside and the Bears recover. Broncos have no timeouts. Oakland is dead in the water in Green Bay.

Come on, Bears.

JayC
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
nice!

JayC
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
on nfl.com it shows denver with the ball and 53 seconds though?

Edman
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
on nfl.com it shows denver with the ball and 53 seconds though?

It looks like the Bears couldn't run out the clock.

JayC
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
59 yard field goal??

JayC
fucking tebow magic

polamalubeast
10-10

UNBELIEVABLE

Edman
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Tebow Magic.

Prater kicks a 59 yarder to tie the game. Fuck.

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Prater = more important to Denver than Tebow

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I have never seen a story as Tebow.

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I will be beside myself if this ends in a tie.

JayC
12-11-2011, 06:07 PM
is CBS doing the bears/broncos game or fox? if it's cbs that's lame for forcing us to watch a blowout when we can be watching bears/broncos ot

Edman
The Broncos Defense means more to the Broncos than Tebow does. That is how they're doing it. Keeping the game in hand. Keeping it close, and letting Tebow rally in the end. It's not pretty, but it works.

Let the Broncos hang around and you'll lose.

polamalubeast
If the Broncos win, is not the end of the world for the steelers!

The Steelers have 99.99999999999% to made the playoffs.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
is CBS doing the bears/broncos game or fox? if it's cbs that's lame for forcing us to watch a blowout when we can be watching bears/broncos ot

FOX

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
He saw the endzone and lost concentration for a 10th of a second.

JayC
barber fumbled. broncos ball.

polamalubeast
Barber

Two major mistakes

Edman
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Up yours Marion Barber.

I'm going to say this. Going on the road to play Denver is going to be tougher than it looks in the postseason.

The Tebow magic train ride is for real and that team is believing in it. They're dangerous.

JayC
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
insane though. he sucks until crunch time and then he is perfect and wins every game. it doesn't seem possible

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Doesn't matter what magic anyone has. If you telegraph passes like Tebow is doing right now, Troy picks him off.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:20 PM
UNBELIEVABLE

another miracle in Denver

JayC
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
oh well we'll get in some other time

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
If the Broncos win, is not the end of the world for the steelers!

The Steelers have 99.99999999999% to made the playoffs.

this

and Great news for the Detroit Lions

Edman
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Gonna have to wait until next week to clinch.

SteelMayhem72
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Sure hope your right edman...the bears gave that game away...goodell must have called the bears owner and told them to throw the game...lol

X-Terminator
Fucking Bears. Can't close the door when you had the damn game won. So I guess now the Steelers will just have to take care of business themselves next week.

polamalubeast
Gonna have to wait until next week to clinch.

I think the scenario for the steelers will be

Steelers WIN OR Broncos LOSS vs patriots OR Raiders loss vs Lions OR Jets loss vs Eagles

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I think the formula will be a little simpler next week.

X-Terminator
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I think the scenario for the steelers will be

Steelers WIN OR Broncos LOSS vs patriots OR Raiders loss vs Lions OR Jets loss vs Eagles

One of those is going to happen, and the Steelers will have a playoff berth wrapped up before they take the field next Monday night.

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I think the bigger question for next week will be

"Who's ass will the announcing team be licking more? Tom Brady, or Tim Tebow."

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
One of those is going to happen, and the Steelers will have a playoff berth wrapped up before they take the field next Monday night.

yes

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I am happy for the lions.

Edman
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Doesn't matter what magic anyone has. If you telegraph passes like Tebow is doing right now, Troy picks him off.

Tebow is not the issue. The X-Factor in Denver is their Defense. They're stingy and will keep games close for Tebow to do things.

With the Steelers' Tendency to leave points on the field with their inconsistent offense. This is precisely what makes Denver very dangerous. They're fine-tuned for pulling games out of their ass. Let them hang around and there is a high chance you will lose. You have to finish them off.

There is also a good chance are the Steelers will be in their house for the Wildcard Round.

That said, fuck u Marion Barber.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 06:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I think the steelers are guaranteed to be in the playoffs.

SMR
12-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I just got out of Applebee's and found out at my apartment about the Bears' ridiculous giveaway and I about almost threw my shoe at the tv!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Maybe, I guess based on that machine thingy....I had them losing out and all the teams in the hunt winning and they still pop in as the 6th seed.

But I would probably guess that NFL.com is correct. the Steelers still have not clinched.

The WH
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Tebow is not the issue. The X-Factor in Denver is their Defense. They're stingy and will keep games close for Tebow to do things.

With the Steelers' Tendency to leave points on the field with their inconsistent offense. This is precisely what makes Denver very dangerous. They're fine-tuned for pulling games out of their ass. Let them hang around and there is a high chance you will lose. You have to finish them off.

There is also a good chance are the Steelers will be in their house for the Wildcard Round.

That said, fuck u Marion Barber. But don't forget the Steelers have proven that they can win bigger games in Denver already. And they did it against a better Denver team.

Jesus...I mean Tebow is a rookie QB that is going to have to face one of the best defenses in the history of the league.

I have absolutely no doubt that Pittsburgh would win against Denver in Denver. Denver's defense might be good. but Pittsburgh's is better.

that is unless the yellow flags start falling left and right. ::stares blankly at Kemo::

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
It's funny that so many talk about how it's all about "Oh Tebow has the league's #1 ranked rushing attack" or "Well the defense has been playing crazy the last half of the season." And apparently it never matters what kind of plays Tebow makes in the 4th quarter and overtime to get his team over the hump.

Sound familiar?

Tebow is on the warpath to redefining the Clutch Quarterback and it's hilarious that people on this board don't understand where he's coming from :lol:

fansince'76
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
It's funny that so many talk about how it's all about "Oh Tebow has the league's #1 ranked rushing attack" or "Well the defense has been playing crazy the last half of the season." And apparently it never matters what kind of Tebow makes in the 4th quarter and overtime to get his team over the hump.

Sound familiar?

Tebow is on the warpath to redefining the Clutch Quarterback and it's hilarious that people on this board don't understand where he's coming from :lol:

I'm actually pulling for the kid, personally. It beats the redundant and nonstop Brady and Rodgers slurping all the time.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
The only scenario that can for the Steelers missed the playoffs this

The Steelers lost the last 3 games
The Raiders won the last 3 games(DET,KC,SD)
The Broncos win against the Patriots and Bills, but lost against the chiefs.
The Jets win the last 3 games(PHI,NYG,MIA)

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm actually pulling for the kid, personally. It beats the redundant and nonstop Brady and Rodgers slurping all the time.

Agreed. I mean, really America? How can you hate the kid so much? Because he's a hardworking, bible thumping winner? Lol? I wonder what public opinion would think of him is he was a lazy, underachieving loser.

Oh wait nvm, Jamarcus Russell you got this one.

stillers4me
12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I was sick of hearing about him before he ever threw his first NFL pass.

And when he thanked his Lord and saviour Jesus Christ tonight the minute his mouth opened in front on the microphone, I couldn't help but think that the good Lord was busy with more pressing matters while the Broncos kicker was winning the game.

Not to mention he had only completed 3 passes when the 4th quarter had started....for the whole game.

X-Terminator
Agreed. I mean, really America? How can you hate the kid so much? Because he's a hardworking, bible thumping winner? Lol? I wonder what public opinion would think of him is he was a lazy, underachieving loser.

Oh wait nvm, Jamarcus Russell you got this one.

I'm sure for some it's because he's religious, but most people just believe he's overrated and overhyped. He wins, yes, but he's really not a very good QB and is lucky he has a very good defense to keep his team in games. But he is a good kid and definitely someone to use as a role model.

86WARD
TEBOW MAGIC! Love it!

7willBheaven
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Next week if the Steelers win they're in...or if the Jets or Broncos loose (Broncos face NE, so should be interesting). I think the Steelers can take care of their own business against the 49ers though.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Next week if the Steelers win they're in...or if the Jets or Broncos loose (Broncos face NE, so should be interesting). I think the Steelers can take care of their own business against the 49ers though.

Bold talk. They're going to be playing pissed after losing to the Cardinals, in their house, and were going to have Maurkice Pouncey and Big Ben both playing on high ankle sprains if they're playing at all.

Think you can just shuffle in Legursky and keep Kemo at his left guard spot and have a fine day? I know that is the assumption by many, but this is a front 7 you dont want to f*** with, particularly those linemen. Remember fellas, this is the #1 scoring defense and #1 rushing defense in the league. With Ben and Pouncey playing hurt (IF they play, the consensus is probably that Ben will), that is precisely the match up we least want. Runningbacks have to step up big. REAL big, and maybe just a splash play or two to win this game from our offense in general.

fansince'76
12-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm sure for some it's because he's religious, but most people just believe he's overrated and overhyped.

By whom? Seems to me the consensus is he sucks as a QB. I think it's mostly because he's very religious, but it's everyone else who makes a big deal about that, not him personally, from what I've seen. Not a very religious person myself, so I really couldn't care less, but I will bet on one thing - if he were a Muslim, nobody would say jack about it, but since he's a Christian and wears it on his sleeve, he's a target.

Nadroj 20
12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
It's funny that so many talk about how it's all about "Oh Tebow has the league's #1 ranked rushing attack" or "Well the defense has been playing crazy the last half of the season." And apparently it never matters what kind of plays Tebow makes in the 4th quarter and overtime to get his team over the hump.

Sound familiar?

In no way is anything I say against Tebow a personal attack on him but his play clearly is not at the level a lot of people are suggesting. He always has to play from behind because he doesnt have the ability to get a lead early in the game and his defense keeps him in the game.

Yes at the ends of games he has made HUGE plays for his team for wins, but other times he does not.. yet espn idiots aren't distinguishing between the two. If the broncos win its automatically because of Tebow which isn't true. They said he lead his team into FG range but it was a 59 yarder! :chuckle: Thats all on the kicker not Tebow.

So did he make plays today? Sure. but what gets me is people saying "tebow is 7-1" like he is the only reason and its not true!

Just my opinion on the matter and btw I think he is a great guy and have a lot of respect for him. I just still don't see him as an affective QB. Hell of a football player though.

st33lersguy
12-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Thank you Chicago Bears for preventing the Steelers from clinching a playoff berth. At least now the Steelers do not have to rely on other teams to clinch a playoff spot

Godfather
12-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I just got out of Applebee's and found out at my apartment about the Bears' ridiculous giveaway and I about almost threw my shoe at the tv!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!

When Barber fumbled in overtime the announcers were laughing. It was kind of funny...they were already where Gould could make it (not a gimme, but makeable) and they fumble. It's like you just knew it was going to happen, and you just knew what was coming next.

I was thinking of the old Sam Kinison joke about "Jesus ripped the ball out of my hand".

43Hitman
12-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Bold talk. They're going to be playing pissed after losing to the Cardinals, in their house, and were going to have Maurkice Pouncey and Big Ben both playing on high ankle sprains if they're playing at all.

Think you can just shuffle in Legursky and keep Kemo at his left guard spot and have a fine day? I know that is the assumption by many, but this is a front 7 you dont want to f*** with, particularly those linemen. Remember fellas, this is the #1 scoring defense and #1 rushing defense in the league. With Ben and Pouncey playing hurt (IF they play, the consensus is probably that Ben will), that is precisely the match up we least want. Runningbacks have to step up big. REAL big, and maybe just a splash play or two to win this game from our offense in general.

Even with Pouncey potentially out, I like our defenses chance against their offense quite a bit. We still out match them.

X-Terminator
12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
By whom? Seems to me the consensus is he sucks as a QB. I think it's mostly because he's very religious, but it's everyone else who makes a big deal about that, not him personally, from what I've seen. Not a very religious person myself, so I really couldn't care less, but I will bet on one thing - if he were a Muslim, nobody would say jack about it, but since he's a Christian and wears it on his sleeve, he's a target.

I dunno, BSPN has been doing a hell of a job hyping him up over the past 6 weeks even though he does suck as a QB. Today is only going to add to it since that game was won on his arm and not his legs. Even before then he was being overhyped even though he was the backup. I know there are those who don't like him because he wears his religion on his sleeve, but I don't think it's the majority.

The Duke
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I have nothing against Tebow, I just can't believe this shit is working against nfl defenses :chuckle:

Regardless, the game against the 49ers is definitely gonna get harder now after they lost a close one to their rivals. I'd really put the chances of winning that one without Ben around 0%

fansince'76
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I dunno, BSPN has been doing a hell of a job hyping him up over the past 6 weeks even though he does suck as a QB. Today is only going to add to it since that game was won on his arm and not his legs. Even before then he was being overhyped even though he was the backup. I know there are those who don't like him because he wears his religion on his sleeve, but I don't think it's the majority.

Ah, OK. I don't watch that network, so I haven't been exposed to it. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
In no way is anything I say against Tebow a personal attack on him but his play clearly is not at the level a lot of people are suggesting. He always has to play from behind because he doesnt have the ability to get a lead early in the game and his defense keeps him in the game.

Yes at the ends of games he has made HUGE plays for his team for wins, but other times he does not.. yet espn idiots aren't distinguishing between the two. If the broncos win its automatically because of Tebow which isn't true. They said he lead his team into FG range but it was a 59 yarder! :chuckle: Thats all on the kicker not Tebow.

So did he make plays today? Sure. but what gets me is people saying "tebow is 7-1" like he is the only reason and its not true!

Just my opinion on the matter and btw I think he is a great guy and have a lot of respect for him. I just still don't see him as an affective QB. Hell of a football player though.

Did you even watch the entire game? He completed 3 passes in the first 3 quarters. After that, there were times where i wasnt sure if he knew how to throw an incompletion. Back to your point: Big Ben did that a lot too...getting credit for a come-from-behind win even though he was the reason we were behind in the first place [because of his mistakes]. Was Big Ben a better quarterback at this stage in his career, duh obviously. But did he have a better defense? Freaking infinitely better, the best one of the past two decades. Better running game? Lordy, he only had a future hall of famer and a 3x 1200 yard rusher to help him out. Hell, Ben's always had a way better team in general to help him out. 2008 is the first year we TRULY leaned on him to be the field general of the offense. And please, Willie Parker was still the focal point of the offense in '07 even if it was Big Ben's big statistical year.

Everytime you watch the guy play, you really start to feel for fans of the opposing team. It's packer country up here in wisco, but theres still a lot of viking and bears fans and im friends with some of them. You get the feeling from them that they dont fear Tebow like he would just straight up annihilate you by the wrath of his hand alone, but the fear comes from the fact that he always does just enough to win.

As long as we're looking at the most likely playoff scenarios, if steeler fans dont fear tebow at all, they better be careful.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
When Barber fumbled in overtime the announcers were laughing. It was kind of funny...they were already where Gould could make it (not a gimme, but makeable) and they fumble. It's like you just knew it was going to happen, and you just knew what was coming next.

I was thinking of the old Sam Kinison joke about "Jesus ripped the ball out of my hand".

Divine intervention, im telling you lol. Anyone who watched that game just kept growing this feeling that the Broncos were going to pull another one out of their ass. Am i right people?

SMR
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Divine intervention, im telling you lol. Anyone who watched that game just kept growing this feeling that the Broncos were going to pull another one out of their ass. Am i right people?

Hmmm.....you know what they say, "With God anything is possible."

Nadroj 20
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Did you even watch the entire game? He completed 3 passes in the first 3 quarters. After that, there were times where i wasnt sure if he knew how to throw an incompletion. Back to your point: Big Ben did that a lot too...getting credit for a come-from-behind win even though he was the reason we were behind in the first place [because of his mistakes]. Was Big Ben a better quarterback at this stage in his career, duh obviously. But did he have a better defense? Freaking infinitely better, the best one of the past two decades. Better running game? Lordy, he only had a future hall of famer and a 3x 1200 yard rusher to help him out. Hell, Ben's always had a way better team in general to help him out. 2008 is the first year we TRULY leaned on him to be the field general of the offense. And please, Willie Parker was still the focal point of the offense in '07 even if it was Big Ben's big statistical year.

Everytime you watch the guy play, you really start to feel for fans of the opposing team. It's packer country up here in wisco, but theres still a lot of viking and bears fans and im friends with some of them. You get the feeling from them that they dont fear Tebow like he would just straight up annihilate you by the wrath of his hand alone, but the fear comes from the fact that he always does just enough to win.

As long as we're looking at the most likely playoff scenarios, if steeler fans dont fear tebow at all, they better be careful.

I knew he was horrible the first 3 quarters and then went off in the 4th. I am on the record for saying I don't want to see Denver in the playoffs because they always find a way to win and I don't like the idea of facing a team like that. They are kinda like we were earlier in Ben's career (SB XL season) as you mentioned.

So what you are saying is Tebow is basically doing what Ben did but with a weaker team? If so I can agree with that to a point..

But Ben never got this much credit that I can remember. I probably didnt pay much attention to it if he did because he was on my team, but I'm pretty sure ESPN loves promoting this guy even though he is partially getting lucky.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
So what you are saying is Tebow is basically doing what Ben did but with a weaker team? If so I can agree with that to a point..

But Ben never got this much credit that I can remember. I probably didnt pay much attention to it if he did because he was on my team, but I'm pretty sure ESPN loves promoting this guy even though he is partially getting lucky.

yeah that's pretty much what im saying. And Ben definitely didnt get this much credit, but a lot of that has to do with Tebow being a much bigger name in college football and with so much more talent around him than Tebow, Ben wouldnt get as much attention either.

And i dont know about you, but ive never seen a player as polarizing as Tebow, and i think thats the biggest reason why you see him in the media nonstop.

polamalubeast
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Tebow=2006 Vince Young

It's a fluke

Godfather
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I knew he was horrible the first 3 quarters and then went off in the 4th. I am on the record for saying I don't want to see Denver in the playoffs because they always find a way to win and I don't like the idea of facing a team like that. They are kinda like we were earlier in Ben's career (SB XL season) as you mentioned.

I want no part of Denver in the playoffs. We have a frustrating inability to deliver the kill shot. And our defense has blown its share of fourth quarter leads over the past few years. Not a good matchup against a team that always finds a way to win the close ones.

X-Terminator
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Ah, OK. I don't watch that network, so I haven't been exposed to it. :chuckle:

I don't either, but people do post articles from their website here that aren't related to Tebow and there are articles everywhere about him.

Shoes
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Troy....by far demonstrates more religious symbolism on the field than any NFL player. No one seems to have a problem with that. It's the media that's causing the T-B hype. By the way T-B doesn't seem to be causing any polarizing effects in the Denver locker room.....in fact quite the contrary. I wish him well......

st33lersguy
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Say what you want about Tebow, he is still bette rthan Kyle Orton. It is interesting how this same Broncos team that is winning with Tebow went 1-4 with Kyle Orton and appeared to be headed towards a 3-4 win season when Orton was benched.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Tebow=2006 Vince Young

It's a fluke

That's what i thought the first couple of times. I could only play doubting thomas for so long (no religious allusion intended :lol:)

The WH
12-12-2011, 03:06 AM

Ben Roethlisberger says hi.

I think it would fucking hilarious if a Muslim QB would pull his towel out, toss it down, face east and thank Allah when he scored a TD. Just so I could read people (not necessarily anyone on here) getting their panties in an uproar, while clutching their rosaries and covering their children's eyes.

If he were a Muslim the league and/or his team would ask him to stop, and don't try to kid yourselves otherwise.

steel9guy
12-12-2011, 08:41 AM
I definitely don't need to see us play Denver. Pittsburgh would be in trouble there by letting Tebow stick around.

st33lersguy
12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I definitely don't need to see us play Denver. Pittsburgh would be in trouble there by letting Tebow stick around.

I agree, Pittsburgh will follow along perfectly with Denver's weekly gameplan of winning. Step 1: Keep the game close up to the final drive, the Steelers will gladly hel him there. Step 2: Have Tebow engineer the game winning TD drive to win the game. Tebow against LeBeau's prevent defense is a mismatch in Denver's favor

The WH
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
fucking doubters. the lot of ya.

I should be reading "There isn't a snowballs chance in hell the Broncos beat Pittsburgh". and I'm reading the opposite.

/shrug.

fansince'76
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
fucking doubters. the lot of ya.

I should be reading "There isn't a snowballs chance in hell the Broncos beat Pittsburgh". and I'm reading the opposite.

/shrug.

Exactly. May as well just lose out and forfeit the WC game if we get one.

I say we drub the Broncos badly if that's the way things play out.

suitanim
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm just being pragmatic...Tebow is a jort wearing jackwagon who can't hit the broad side of a barn, and we probably would beat them 31-7, but it's a long, tough slog through the playoffs via the WC....

steel9guy
12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
One random fact here......if we play the Broncos in the playoffs we can't use Ryan Clark....That would suck

LLT
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM

I think it would fucking hilarious if a Muslim QB would pull his towel out, toss it down, face east and thank Allah when he scored a TD. Just so I could read people (not necessarily anyone on here) getting their panties in an uproar, while clutching their rosaries and covering their children's eyes.

If he were a Muslim the league and/or his team would ask him to stop, and don't try to kid yourselves otherwise.

I couldnt disagreee with you more.

If it were a muslim, the NFL and the media would be all over themeselves to show how enlightened and politically correct they are. Tebow is not a great QB but he takes a great deal of undeserved criticism from the haters who cant stand to see a demonstrative white christian male in the spotlight.

As far as the pseudo-inlellectuals and the lemings (who hang on their every soundbyte) are concerned..Anyone that is in the "majority" as far as faith and race...should simply be wringing their collective hands and apologizing to all the "have-nots" of the world. Demonstrative and confident Christian faith is anathema to those who want to cleanse their consciousness by seperating themselves from the majority.

nuff said'

fansince'76
12-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I couldnt disagreee with you more.

If it were a muslim the NFL and the media would be all over themeselves to show how enlightened and politically correct they are. Tebow is not a great QB but he takes a great deal of undeserved criticism from the haters who cant stand to see a demonstrative white christian male in the spotlight.

As far as the pseudo-inlellectuals and the lemings (who hang on thier every soundbyte) are concerned..Anyone that is in the "majority" as far as faith and race...should simply be wringing their collective hands and apologizing to all the "have-nots" of the world. Demonstrative and confident Christian faith is anathema to those who want to cleanse their consciousness by seperating themselves from the majority.

I made a very similar post earlier and deleted it for fear of throwing the thread off track, but I couldn't agree with you more. Like I said in that post, in this country, Christianity is pretty much shat upon left and right and any Christian that raises objection to it are basically told to like it or lump it. On the other hand, Islam gets the ultra-PC treatment, and one doesn't DARE mock the religion or its practitioners in any form or fashion, and if they do, the PC Police are all over them for it.

I'm not a very religious person myself, but even I can see the hypocrisy.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2011, 02:02 PM
If there was going to be "intervention" of a divine kind...then this is how it would play out.

Tebow and the Broncos win the West, and host as an underdog the Steelers. Who will be getting back their Fined/Suspended LB, coming to town with their "Morally Flawed" QB, and their "Violent" Defense. Tebow and the Broncos would win that game 20-19 with a special teams touchdown, a defensive turnover in the Red zone late, and a Tebow Drive of 99 yards with .48 seconds on the clock and no time outs.

Then they'd go on to Batimore and play an uglier team than the Steelers. They'd have to play the "Killer" in Ray Lewis and his "mighty" Defense. The Ravens would get out to an early lead, be up by halftime by about 24 points, 24-0, then, it would happen. 24-7, 24-14, 24-17 in the 3rd. Then the 4th it would be 27-17. And then, Tebow, 2 drives of over 80 yards both resulting in TDs, 31-27.

Then on to the Cheating Patriots who are hosting the AFC Title Game and braggin on getting to the SB again. However it would snow...bad, really bad, 3 feet on game day kind of snow, and the Broncos would win 3-0 by hitting a 56 yard FG on the last play of the game.

Then, on to the SB to play the 18-0 Packers.

31-0 Packers at halftime, 34-31 Final Broncos win!

That would be the case if there was any "magic" in this thing.

Reality is, Steelers at Broncos, and WE WILL KICK THEIR ARSE!

Merchant
12-12-2011, 02:07 PM
One random fact here......if we play the Broncos in the playoffs we can't use Ryan Clark....That would suck

Clark isn't having the greatest year. It was him on the blown coverage that allowed Torrey Smith to score that TD and put us in this whole Wild Card mess in the first place. Mundy has filled in admirably when he has been called upon.

The WH
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Fan since, LLT, guess we'll just have to wait and see if and when it happens.

fansince'76
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Fan since, LLT, guess we'll just have to wait and see if and when it happens.

If you have doubts about it, check out this thread (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/11234-Backlash-for-Lowe-s-as-ads-pulled-from-Muslim-show?p=240838#post240838), particularly the part about legislative action being mulled. Think that would happen if an atheist organization complained and Lowes pulled advertising from a TV program about Christians over it? I can just about guarantee it wouldn't.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM

You totally missed the first 90% portion of my post, but ok.

Craic
12-12-2011, 11:15 PM

Of course he'd be told to stop. Not asked, told.

Section 3, Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline.

A muslim can't use any old towel. It would have to be a prayer rug or prayer mat that was kept clean and "kept holy." Hence, a violation of the rules.

:chuckle:

The WH
12-13-2011, 03:13 AM
You totally missed the first 90% portion of my post, but ok. Must have taken you out of context.