PDA

View Full Version : Should we treat every game as a playoff game from here on out?

Iron Steeler
12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
The simple answr is yes! I still got my eyes on winning the divisio. We can't take back what has already happened. With baltimore. But if we take care of our own business and win out the test of the season. You never know if the ratbirds can tank one game.

This could be a tight race to the finish and I would love to see is play at hone again through the playoffs.

So do you all think its possible?

Thoughts ...

polamalubeast
12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Right now, the Steelers have no control for the division.But the first step is to secured the place in playoff.

With a record of 11-5, it is 100% certain that the Steelers will make the playoffs, because they have the tiebreaker over all the teams who are a record of 6-5 at the moment.

I do not take the place in playoff for granted, because of the collapse of Red Sox in baseball!

XxKnightxX
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
The way the schedule is set up, absolutely, Bengals, Browns twice are a must. Niners I want it to be a must since I cant stand Harbaugh and Niner fans talking shit out of the woodwork now. Rams is a trap game, Spags will make our O line struggle with the blitzes he dials.

GBMelBlount
12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I wish they would play EVERY game that way.

XxKnightxX
12-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Its impossible man, even the best have their eventual hiccups here and there, especially when youre handed a schedule that has you playing against the NFC West AFC West and AFC South.

Psycho Ward 86
12-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Right now, the Steelers have no control for the division.But the first step is to secured the place in playoff.

With a record of 11-5, it is 100% certain that the Steelers will make the playoffs, because they have the tiebreaker over all the teams who are a record of 6-5 at the moment.

I do not take the place in playoff for granted, because of the collapse of Red Sox in baseball!

key words bolded. No, it's not a sure thing if we go 11-5. Classic example: The 2009 Patriots. 11-5, no playoffs berth.

Count Steeler
12-03-2011, 08:21 PM
If we want to win the division, we have to win out and hope for a Baltimore loss. We will probably lose 1 more down the stretch, which still gets us in the playoffs, but then we are the wild card and may only have 1 home game.

I can't see Baltimore losing more than 1 game down the stretch, but you never know.

polamalubeast
12-03-2011, 08:25 PM
key words bolded. No, it's not a sure thing if we go 11-5. Classic example: The 2009 Patriots. 11-5, no playoffs berth.

It was in 2008 for the Patriots and was the first time since 1985 that a team missed the playoffs with a record of 11-5.

Otherwise, the Steelers have the tiebreaker on the jets, broncos and titans.

X-Terminator
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
It's more important to the Steelers if they beat the Bengals tomorrow and win both Browns games. If they lose one or both to the Rams and 49ers, being NFC teams it really doesn't matter much. That would give them an 11-5 record and unless a miracle happens, they should still get in since they would have beaten the Titans, the Bengals twice and have a better conference record than the Jets and Broncos.

Psycho Ward 86
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
It's more important to the Steelers if they beat the Bengals tomorrow and win both Browns games. If they lose one or both to the Rams and 49ers, being NFC teams it really doesn't matter much. That would give them an 11-5 record and unless a miracle happens, they should still get in since they would have beaten the Titans, the Bengals twice and have a better conference record than the Jets and Broncos.

I give Tebow for being clutch and that Denver defense for stepping up all the credit in the world, but it's so weird talking about playoff seeding and the Broncos at the same time...

Moose
12-04-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm a firm believer that when you only play 16 games....every game IS A PLAYOFF GAME !! For some reason no one in the organization realizes that even your 1st or 2nd game can determine what happens in December or January. I just don't understand it. Now look at this year and where we would be if we would have WON that 1st game !!

HometownGal
12-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Simple answer - YES, but focusing on one game at a time one week at a time.

Iron Steeler
12-04-2011, 06:55 AM

You and me both brother! That's up to the coaches and team leaders to instill that sense of urgency for the rest of the team

Iron Steeler
12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
I know we should focus one game at a time. And I think in doin so we could win out. I just hate hearing it from Ratbird fans tellin me were taking a back seat this year.

I would really love to see us leap frog in seeding and beat them at home!

86WARD
12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Its impossible man, even the best have their eventual hiccups here and there, especially when youre handed a schedule that has you playing against the NFC West AFC West and AFC South.

So far so good for the Packers...although they could hit a bump this week...

Count Steeler
12-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Really, the Ratbirds "deserve" to win the division because they took care of business when they played us. I still can't believe we let them march 92 yards with 2 minutes to go. It'll be a shame if we end up tied with them and we lose the division because we did not take care of our business. At home.

Moose
12-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Really, the Ratbirds "deserve" to win the division because they took care of business when they played us. I still can't believe we let them march 92 yards with 2 minutes to go. It'll be a shame if we end up tied with them and we lose the division because we did not take care of our business. At home.
EXACTLY !!!

tube517
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
If the Raisins win the division, they can have it. However, playoffs are a different story. The Steelers, under Tomlin, have lost twice in the playoffs and both of those games, they could've won if they hadn't beaten themselves. Most of the pundits have discounted the Steelers. I hope this holds up because they play well, when they are given no shot.