PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Pouncey heals from virus

stillers4me
12-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Maurkice Pouncey took a seat in the locker room, the stool beneath him supporting a much lighter load than it had a week earlier. Appropriately, a large trash can stood at the ready close by, just in case.

The Pro Bowl center has been on a diet of bread, yogurt and fluid since a violent stomach virus forced him from a game after 18 plays Sunday night against the Chiefs in Kansas City, Mo. It was not and has not been a pretty sight since then.

"Today's been the first day I actually feel pretty good," said Pouncey, who ran Thursday but did not practice.
He lost 12 pounds since he woke up ill Sunday in Kansas City, knocking him down to 279. He has since gained 2 pounds back and plans to play again Sunday against Cincinnati at Heinz Field............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11336/1193992-66-0.stm#ixzz1fNOB1qSH

XxKnightxX
12-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Thats quite some weight hes lost, Im sure Zimmer is gonna put Peko on him and force him to overexert himself.

HometownGal
12-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm glad to hear Maurkice is on the mend. Tummy viruses are just plain NASTY.

Maybe Rex Ryan will do a good deed and share his supper of 12 dozen pizzas and 6 dozen of donuts with him to help get that weight back on. :pig:

tube517
12-02-2011, 05:30 PM

Maybe Rex Ryan will do a good deed and share his supper of 12 dozen pizzas and 6 dozen of donuts with him to help get that weight back on while reading Foot Lovers Enquirer magazine. :pig:

Fixed it for you :chuckle:

Merchant
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Thats quite some weight hes lost, Im sure Zimmer is gonna put Peko on him and force him to overexert himself.

Wouldn't Peko be over him no matter what?

I wonder what Pouncey ate that made him get the stomach virus.

Devilsdancefloor
12-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Peko is probable but didnt practice wed or thur due to a foot, so maybe he will not have to much of a advantage. plus he needs to eat a extra cheeseburger or 2 and he will get that back before the game plus just drink lots of fluid

steelpinstripe87
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

Maybe Rex Ryan will do a good deed and share his supper of 12 dozen pizzas and 6 dozen of donuts with him to help get that weight back on. :pig:

The thought of 12 dozen pizzas and 6 dozen donuts just turned my stomach. And I'm not getting over a stomach virus. I know that was a joke, but in all seriousness, if that were me, I would be careful of what I put in my stomach for a few days. If that were me. Everyone's different.