PDA

View Full Version : Game ball

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Alright, yeah we all feel like pieces of crap after this one, but who gets your gameball?

I legitimately always try to look for someone on our team who deserves it, but honest to God, NO ONE deserves it more than Tyler Palko. Ike Taylor's pick was underthrown horribly by 10-15 yards. He actually had time to sit there and wait for the ball to come, so well gift wrapped even he couldnt drop it. Ryan Mundy's pass went to absolutely no one, that had little to do with Mundy himself. The bad snap? Yeah, Palko just couldnt calm his own jockstrap. And that final Keenan Lewis pick? Props to Lewis for getting up to snag it...but seriously lol, there were 5 steelers in the area.

Thank you lord baby Jesus for giving us a QB who's a sliver off my ass too crappy to beat this team.

BlastFurnace
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Wesley Saunders

stillers4me
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
As was already mentioned in another post, The Rats lost a couple of games to crappy teams, we didn't. I'm sure they would have taken the ugly win.

Game ball....defense. Turnovers galore!! Too bad the O didn't capitalize much on them but, never the less, contributed to the win.

Totally different ballgame if Troy had not been hurt.... he looked like a tiger feasting in a carcass out there before he got hurt. He was going to make some big plays before it was all said and done.

zulater
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Tyler Palko without question! Some one needs to run him a game ball over from our locker room.

Moose
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Game BALL to - K. Lewis ( his interception WON the game )
GOAT of game- M.Moore ( his fumble @ 2yrd line was a BIG Fkup ! )

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
I like how the gamegoat thread is 100x more active than a gameball thread after a win. Yeah...for those of you who missed the game, we were THAT bad.

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Totally different ballgame if Troy had not been hurt.... he looked like a tiger feasting in a carcass out there before he got hurt. He was going to make some big plays before it was all said and done.

The bolded i agree with, but Troy actually missed two tackles on the single drive that he was on before he left the game.

steelpinstripe87
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Keenan Lewis gets the game ball for saving me from a heart attack.

BigNastyDefense
11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I gotta give it to Lewis. That pick sealed the game.

Moose
11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree with you Psycho Ward 86 - I do love the hell out of Troy and his playing style, but I have noticed in the past couple years that his style of play has made some changes. He doesn't seem to be as aggressive coming at the QB, which I blame on our CB's and/or lack of. Our CB's are so pathetic that Troy stays in secondary and tries to run from side to side to help cover. And with that happening it eases his threat at the line and his 'reading players' has took a hit, which I've also saw him miss guessing and miss tackling.

Devilsdancefloor
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM
my gameball Ryab Mundy he played very well for troy he seemed to be right where he was suppose to be.

Goat Me mo for the fumble & Kemo WTF is up with him several timees i seen him with his hands on his hips before the whistle blew

steelreserve
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Saunders. If he doesn't make a hell of a catch, we probably lose.

fansince'76
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Alright, yeah we all feel like pieces of crap after this one...

Actually, I don't. "Relief" is what I'm feeling.

O'Malley
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM

This^, and Lewis

NCSteeler
11-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Dwayne Bowe, for punking out on the last pass, he could have easily tipped that one away and lived to play another down.

I know it's all about the scoreboard, but after watching this defense against KC, I gotta believe Tebow and Denver could walk up and down the field on them, which is disgraceful. Kinda interesting side note about how defenses being built to stop the super passing attacks don't know what to do with Denver.

zulater
11-27-2011, 11:19 PM

I doubt it. The Steelers offense would have played with more urgency had they ever found themselves behind with clock remaining in the game. It would have changed the way the game was played from that point on, but there's no way of knowing if it would have changed the result. My opinion, it wouldn't have.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Tyler Palko without question! Some one needs to run him a game ball over from our locker room.Yeah, Palko saved us in that game. Hope he starts for Cincy next

O'Malley
11-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, Palko saved us in that game. Hope he starts for Cincy next

:drink:

steelerdiva
11-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Lewis for stepping up and making the game-saving play when needed.

Chidi29
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM
I know I'll get a response of "no upside" to this but credit to Legursky for filling in at center at loud Arrowhead in his first game seeing action in.

Other than that, you guys are right, slim pickins for a choice.

But hey, it's tough to do well on the road against a player with a great pass rusher than Hali. Just wish we could stop turning the ball over, especially in the red zone (that is how we lost to the Chiefs before). We forced four turnovers; that's a recipe for an easy win. Obviously wasn't.

zulater
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
I know I'll get a response of "no upside" to this but credit to Legursky for filling in at center at loud Arrowhead in his first game seeing action in.

Other than that, you guys are right, slim pickins for a choice.

But hey, it's tough to do well on the road against a player with a great pass rusher than Hali. Just wish we could stop turning the ball over, especially in the red zone (that is how we lost to the Chiefs before). We forced four turnovers; that's a recipe for an easy win. Obviously wasn't.

I think one way the Steelers played into the Chiefs hands, is by getting plays off just as the play clock is expiring. Easy to jump the count when you see the play clock under 4. If the Steelers could ever figure out how to snap the ball with more than 8 seconds on the play clock I'm guessing they might find a cleaner pocket awaiting Ben.

st33lersguy
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
The defense, they made enough plays and enough stops to win the game. I also think Ben deserves some credit, he made a few nice plays in the pocket to extend the play, none more important than that TD. Ben also had no help from his receivers who dropped passes as if they were Limas Sweed nor his O-line which put him under a lot of pressure

Chidi29
11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I think one way the Steelers played into the Chiefs hands, is by getting plays off just as the play clock is expiring. Easy to jump the count when you see the play clock under 4. If the Steelers could ever figure out how to snap the ball with more than 8 seconds on the play clock I'm guessing they might find a cleaner pocket awaiting Ben.

That's definitely a part of it. It is a difficult line to walk because you want to make sure your guys have the playcall down pat in a loud place like Arrowhead.

Loud stadiums + a good pass rush = trouble for us

Game very similar to the one against Indy.

GodfatherofSoul
11-28-2011, 10:48 AM
my gameball Ryab Mundy he played very well for troy he seemed to be right where he was suppose to be.

Not sure if this showed up on camera, but from the stands you could see several times Clarke had to correct his position.

steeldevil
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Jason Worilds made some good plays. Very good to see knowing Harrison may not have too much time left playing.

Godfather
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Dwayne Bowe, for punking out on the last pass, he could have easily tipped that one away and lived to play another down.

I know it's all about the scoreboard, but after watching this defense against KC, I gotta believe Tebow and Denver could walk up and down the field on them, which is disgraceful. Kinda interesting side note about how defenses being built to stop the super passing attacks don't know what to do with Denver.

What was Bowe doing on that play?

I understand not wanting to deflect the ball, especially with 5 white jerseys in the area, but why pull your arms in? Did he not know where the ball was or something?

The Duke
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Jason Worilds made some good plays. Very good to see knowing Harrison may not have too much time left playing.

just like the pats game, a game in which our young players shined. Worilds, Mundy and Lewis all did their job correctly

even McClendon had his moments. Hopefully he becomes the next Hoke

Austin87
11-28-2011, 11:40 AM
The whole defense gets my game ball.

tube517
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
just like the pats game, a game in which our young players shined. Worilds, Mundy and Lewis all did their job correctly

even McClendon had his moments. Hopefully he becomes the next Hoke

McClendon has already moved ahead of Hoke on the depth chart

HollywoodSteel
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Max Starks deserves some love. He wasn't perfect, but he did manage to hold his own against Hali who is probably the best player on that entire team.

Count Steeler
11-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Ben deserves some love. Broken thumb and all. Moved pretty fancy in the backfield, especially on the TD to Saunders. Couple of less dropped balls and he would have been the easy pick.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2011, 06:18 PM

his backside pursuit was awful, and im not mocking steeldude when i say this, but sometimes he actually does lack some hustle when the play isnt going straight at him.

Polamalu Princess
11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I have to give it to the Defense for the TO's.

beSteelmyheart
11-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Keenan Lewis gets the game ball for saving me from a heart attack.
:thumbsup: I'll second that! I kept thinking of how they seem to lose to the crappiest teams!

GoSlash27
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
My game ball goes to Palko. He almost completed as many Steeler passes as Big Ben did.

NCSteeler
11-28-2011, 11:54 PM
What was Bowe doing on that play?

I understand not wanting to deflect the ball, especially with 5 white jerseys in the area, but why pull your arms in? Did he not know where the ball was or something?

Scared, all them white jerseys bearing down on him

SteelGhost
11-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Mundy and Kiesel :thumbsup:

Boomerang
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I,ll Go Mundy .