PDA

View Full Version : Troy....

steeldevil
11-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Needs to learn how to tackle or he won't be playing much longer....

SteelerEmpire
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM
He's getting too many injuries... gives me reason to be nervous.

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
beating a deadhorse dude...sometimes you take some impact in the wrong spots on diving tackles like that. I personally tackle like that all the time and ive never had a concussion or concussion like symptoms in 5 years of playing

fansince'76
11-27-2011, 09:04 PM
beating a deadhorse dude...sometimes you take some impact in the wrong spots on diving tackles like that. I personally tackle like that all the time and ive never had a concussion or concussion like symptoms in 5 years of playing

You're not taking knees to the head by 6'6", 260+ pound ball carriers either. :chuckle:

I'm hoping they're holding him out as a precaution.

7willBheaven
11-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I wonder if he knew that was an offensive linemen and not a TE or whatever, haha.

steeldevil
11-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Well dropping your head and driving it into a knee cap is just asking for it. I don't know how someone hasn't corrected this. Just keep your head up and drive your facemask into the knee. Same effect with no brain damage... Not that crazy a concept.

stillers4me
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
He was playing like a maniac before he got hurt.

The Duke
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM
edit: wrong thread

steelpride12
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Just hope he can come back next week.

BlastFurnace
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
One of these concussions will eventually end his career prematurely.

The Steelers need to get someone in the draft and groom him to replace Troy eventually.

smokin3000gt
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
At what point do you think Troy starts to 'let up'? He can only sustain so many concussions before he either changes the way he plays or shortens his career.

katmandu
11-28-2011, 01:11 AM

The Steelers need to get someone in the draft and groom him to replace Troy eventually.I'm afraid you're right.

Moose
11-28-2011, 02:44 AM

The Steelers need to get someone in the draft and groom him to replace Troy eventually.

I definitely agree, but do you actually think there is another 'TROY' out there ? I don't think you 'groom' anyone to play like Troy plays. The way he plays is in his make up. He's one of a kind, and we all know Troy will play at his level until he can't play anymore, i.e. the injury we are all afraid of that eventually may happen. Troy is a one of a kind Safety that isn't afraid to sacrifice his body on any hit. The FO will eventually draft a player to play that position.....but, I don't think they will ever be able to find another Troy. I feel a ' Troy ' only comes around ever so often. Such as the Steel Curtain, or the Jack Lambert's, etc., etc.. I'm so glad he's on our side !!

venom
11-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Needs to learn how to tackle or he won't be playing much longer....

Many defenders now tackle by hitting them and not using their hands . Shoulders and heads are going to get crushed .

BlastFurnace
11-28-2011, 06:17 AM
I definitely agree, but do you actually think there is another 'TROY' out there ? I don't think you 'groom' anyone to play like Troy plays. The way he plays is in his make up. He's one of a kind, and we all know Troy will play at his level until he can't play anymore, i.e. the injury we are all afraid of that eventually may happen. Troy is a one of a kind Safety that isn't afraid to sacrifice his body on any hit. The FO will eventually draft a player to play that position.....but, I don't think they will ever be able to find another Troy. I feel a ' Troy ' only comes around ever so often. Such as the Steel Curtain, or the Jack Lambert's, etc., etc.. I'm so glad he's on our side !!

No, I don't think that there is another Troy out there, but I think there will be someone they will draft that can/will be pretty good.

I'd gladly take a Carnell Lake clone back at safety. Not as good as Troy, but pretty darned good himself.

GBMelBlount
11-28-2011, 06:27 AM
At what point do you think Troy starts to 'let up'? He can only sustain so many concussions before he either changes the way he plays or shortens his career.

I don't think Troy will ever let up unless his injuries just won't physically allow him to play that way any longer.

He is just wired that way.

I am hoping for another 2-3 seasons at this level.

BlacknGoldBabe
11-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Well dropping your head and driving it into a knee cap is just asking for it. I don't know how someone hasn't corrected this. Just keep your head up and drive your facemask into the knee. Same effect with no brain damage... Not that crazy a concept.

Agreed.

BlastFurnace
11-28-2011, 09:23 AM
If Troy doesn't learn to stop tackling with his head leading the way, he won't be playing much longer.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2011, 09:34 AM

True, I honestly think he only has maybe 2 more years of playing football. The concussions will take their toll.

steeldevil
11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Coach LeBeau or Lake needs to sit down with him and discuss how he can make crazy plays all over the place, but also stay in control and tackle with his head up.

Austin87
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
It is not every day that Troy has to tackle an 6'6'' 290lbs offensive lineman. He just went low and hard and unfortunately hit the guys' knees.

86WARD
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Wouldnt happen if he could form tackle...lol.

Craic
11-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think Troy will ever let up unless his injuries just won't physically allow him to play that way any longer.

He is just wired that way.

I am hoping for another 2-3 seasons at this level.

2-3? At this point, with 2 concussions this year, I'd be a bit surprised if he comes back next year. Honestly, I think the days of Troy. P. as we have known him are over. Too many concussions, too many injuries. I'd rather him retire and have a good life.

oneforthetoe
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
2-3? At this point, with 2 concussions this year, I'd be a bit surprised if he comes back next year. Honestly, I think the days of Troy. P. as we have known him are over. Too many concussions, too many injuries. I'd rather him retire and have a good life.

I sadly am concerned that Troy's career could come to an abrupt end at any time. However, we should be careful what we label a concussion. I'm not sure he has actually been diagnosed with a concussion this year. I think they have just said he has had concussion like symptoms. I don't think that is necessarily the same thing.

I'm no doctor. Nor do I play one on TV. (Although, I do remember I asked Ellen ***** if she wanted to come over and play doctor when we were both in jr. high. Of course, it did not turn out the way I thought it would. I never should have invited a smart girl to play doctor. See .... she brought a microscope and slides so we could study viruses.):huh: