PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: A twist in Heath Miller's tale

Galax Steeler
11-26-2011, 07:22 AM
When Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians implored his unit Wednesday to focus on team goals rather than individual accolades, veteran tight end Heath Miller likely didn't need the reminder.

When told that he was five catches away from the Steelers record for tight ends, Miller shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't know that," he said. "It is what it is. I'm sure at some point you can take time to look back and reflect on things, but now is not the time. Hopefully, now we're just focused on winning games at the end of the year. Those things will come as you win."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330/1192682-66.stm#ixzz1eojzAUZU

BlacknGoldBabe
11-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Way to go Heath! There is no "I" in TEAM.

steel striker
11-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Heath is the total team guy and, the most underated TE in the game today. Even though I really don't like Phil Simms but, he said during the game against the cheats that you may think there are better Te's than Heath Miller but, THERE NOT! He does it all.

tube517
11-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Earl is probably the last of the complete TE's. Receiving, blocking, he does it all. In this age of passing and flag football, most TEs are just big WRs. Not Earl.

BlastFurnace
11-26-2011, 09:41 AM
The most remarkable thing about Heath is his unselfishness. Here we have a guy, if he had been on a pass happy team, would be a hall of famer when he retired. With the numbers he will put up with the Steelers, that probably won't happen for him...but you never hear Heath complain about his numbers.

Like Aaron Smith on defense, Heath is the ultimate team player.

Steeldude
11-26-2011, 12:37 PM
The most remarkable thing about Heath is his unselfishness. Here we have a guy, if he had been on a pass happy team, would be a hall of famer when he retired. With the numbers he will put up with the Steelers, that probably won't happen for him...but you never hear Heath complain about his numbers.

Like Aaron Smith on defense, Heath is the ultimate team player.

yep, it's also how every player should be. unfortunately, too many players for last 20 or so years have pretty much been "me, me ,me". which is one of the reasons i enjoyed watching football more in 70s 80s and part of the 90s.

zulater
11-26-2011, 01:06 PM
I love when Heath gets a firstdown, touchdown, any sort of big play, and just casually tosses the ball to the ref afterwards. Also even when he's interfered with he doesn't go crying for a flag, like most of these guys do, even when the defender makes a legitimate play.

Boomerang
11-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Heath is the original team player,he is all about the big picture.

BlacknGoldBabe
11-27-2011, 04:20 AM
yep, it's also how every player should be. unfortunately, too many players for last 20 or so years have pretty much been "me, me ,me". which is one of the reasons i enjoyed watching football more in 70s 80s and part of the 90s.

Those were the days.....<sigh>

86WARD
11-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Id take Witten over him.

suitanim
11-27-2011, 07:00 AM
You know.........they finally DID start throwing to the tight end. It only took ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm (counting in my head 2011 minus 1933) 78 years!

We wouldn't want to credit Bruce Arians at all, would we?

Heath prior to BA averaged 36.5 catches a year
After BA 53.25

He's on pace for 60 catches this year

suitanim
11-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Id take Witten over him.

Don't care for TE's who can catch AND block?

Galax Steeler
11-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Id take Witten over him.

Witten is not the blocking tight end that Heath is. To me Heath is more of a complete tight end then what Whitten is.

steelerdiva
11-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Ok..somebody's gotta do it...

HEEEEEEEEEAATH!!

43Hitman
11-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Witten is not the blocking tight end that Heath is. To me Heath is more of a complete tight end then what Whitten is.

Yep. My best friend is a Cowgirls fan and he often talks about how underrated Heath is. He has said he'd take Heath over Witten any day, and Witten is his favorite Cowgirl. He, like myself, has been watching Heath since his college days here in Virginia. I don't think UVA hasn't beaten VT since Heath played there.

Steeldude
11-27-2011, 11:07 AM
You know.........they finally DID start throwing to the tight end. It only took ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm (counting in my head 2011 minus 1933) 78 years!

We wouldn't want to credit Bruce Arians at all, would we?

Heath prior to BA averaged 36.5 catches a year
After BA 53.25

He's on pace for 60 catches this year

not every thread is about arians.

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Don't care for TE's who can catch AND block?

LOL WHAT Witten is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game...Think he cant block just because of his gaudy receiving numbers lol? If you want to see a tight end who is truly a glorified receiver, look no further than Dallas Clark. Now THAT is the biggest joke of a blocker you will see amongst the so called "elite" tight ends.