PDA

View Full Version : Woodley Could Be Out For Remainder Of Season ?

SteelerEmpire
11-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Don't know for sure yet. It's a recent rumor that's been going around. Can't find anything solid yet. Please post any updates...

Chidi29
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Haven't heard anything about that.

Hamstrings are tricky and unless it's something severe, typically are handled on a week by week basis. Hamstring strains don't tend to get the blanket "season ending" label unless there's something more serious going on.

SteelGhost
11-25-2011, 07:32 PM
I hope Wood's fine, we need him :pray:

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Don't know for sure yet. It's a recent rumor that's been going around. Can't find anything solid yet. Please post any updates...

then dont say it yet

zulater
11-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Going around where? Who's saying this?

Chidi29
11-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Quick Google search turned up nothing.

SteelerEmpire
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Supp. on the radio waves as of now...

zulater
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Quick Google search turned up nothing.

Nothing on Profootball talk.

zulater
11-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Supp. on the radio waves as of now...

What's "Supp" mean?

Is that callers, a reporter who covers the team, a friend of a friend, who heard it from another...? I'm not getting it? :noidea:

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
personalized speculations...LOL. New rumor: Santonio comes back to town to roll up with the young money crew and they all get caught with 10kg of marijuana. Annnddd go! (That's the internet for ya...)

fansince'76
11-25-2011, 07:55 PM
New rumor: Santonio comes back to town to roll up with the young money crew and they all get caught with 10kg of marijuana. Annnddd go!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

X-Terminator
11-25-2011, 07:57 PM
What's "Supp" mean?

Is that callers, a reporter who covers the team, a friend of a friend, who heard it from another...? I'm not getting it? :noidea:

Short for "supposed."

To SteelerEmpire...having been through this before with a recently departed member who shall remain nameless, we would prefer that you post actual sources for any rumors you hear. If Florio doesn't have anything on it yet, the rumor monger that he is, then it isn't true.

fansince'76
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Until I hear something definitive, I'll file this alongside the "Tiki Barber signing" rumor and the "Jeff Reed is back and working out with the team" rumor...

SteelerEmpire
11-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Short for "supposed."

To SteelerEmpire...having been through this before with a recently departed member who shall remain nameless, we would prefer that you post actual sources for any rumors you hear. If Florio doesn't have anything on it yet, the rumor monger that he is, then it isn't true.

I just heard it from a couple personal sources that live in the burgh area. I will contact and get specifics. But I was just wondering if anyone else heard something yet ???

steelreserve
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Who knows. Duce Staley pulled his hamstring and for all intents and purposes, it ended his career. But not something you usually see put down as a "season ending" injury, because it's one of those things that can go for weeks with no improvement, then you can suddenly recover at any random time. Weird injury and almost impossible to predict, that's for sure.

GBMelBlount
11-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Short for "supposed."

If Florio doesn't have anything on it yet, the rumor monger that he is, then it isn't true.

When I was out to dinner tonight I actually read in PRINT that Woodley was done for the season.

It was signed by Florio....but admittedly the signature was not clear.

Bathroom walls tend to smear.

zulater
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I just joined twitter, checked all the Steeler beat writers I could find, none have anything on woodley, other than he'll almost certainly miss the chiefs game.

Anyone got Wexall's twitter? that might be worth checking?

Chidi29
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I just joined twitter, checked all the Steeler beat writers I could find, none have anything on woodley, other than he'll almost certainly miss the chiefs game.

Anyone got Wexall's twitter? that might be worth checking?

Nope. nothing there.

Unless Happy Thanksgiving is some code phrase I wasn't aware of.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
When I was out to dinner tonight I actually read in PRINT that Woodley was done for the season.

haha

SteelerEmpire
11-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Who knows. Duce Staley pulled his hamstring and for all intents and purposes, it ended his career. But not something you usually see put down as a "season ending" injury, because it's one of those things that can go for weeks with no improvement, then you can suddenly recover at any random time. Weird injury and almost impossible to predict, that's for sure.

Yep. That's basically what I understand about this type of injury as well. All I can get is 93.7 from my cuzz in the pitt area on this. PLEASE Woodley, get back in the game !

pepsyman1
11-26-2011, 03:20 AM

LOL. I never heard a good explanation of what happened to Duece Staley...he was rushing for better than 5 yards a carry and then suddenly never touched the field of play again. Cowher never gave any type of explanation.

zulater
11-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) is listed as questionable for the game in Kansas City. Woodley was limited in practice all week and has missed the past two games. He was injured in the third quarter of the 25-17 victory against the New England Patriots.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330/1192681-66-2.stm#ixzz1eoCXFPAH

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley was limited in practice Friday, still not completely healed from a hamstring injury, during the Steelers' final preparation for Sunday night's game in Kansas City.

He spent part of the day in the trainer's room and was listed as questionable.

Read more: OLB Woodley questionable for Chiefs game - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_769153.html#ixzz1eoDZxvnX

Limited is not, didn't, unable to, or wont again until next season. Anyone else think this thread should be deep sixed? :countdown:

86WARD
11-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Thread should be locked and buried until further notice.

BlacknGoldBabe
11-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Lock, bury and deep six it.

steel striker
11-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Thread? What Thread?

steelerdude15
11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Who are you people?

Count Steeler
11-26-2011, 10:26 AM
In a related story, due to Woodley's injury, Jack Ham is rumored to be making a comeback.

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2011, 11:19 AM
In a related story, due to Woodley's injury, Jack Ham is rumored to be making a comeback.

To keep his turnovers by a linebacker record away from ray lewis

zulater
11-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I got a tweet from Wexall posted 4 hours ago

https://twitter.com/#!/jimwexell

"any news on woodley?" -- listed as questionable, but I hear doubtful. Working hard and I expect him back for Cincy.

tube517
11-26-2011, 11:33 AM

Also heard on the streets, Kent Graham has been named the new QB coach, bringing vast experience and "knowledge" to the coaching position

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Breaking News: Jerry Sandusky named Steelers' shower supervisor

Animal Mother
11-26-2011, 03:18 PM
I just heard Polamalu shaved his head and gave his hair to locks of love.

SteelerEmpire
11-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Wallace, Sanders and Brown are actually cyborgs ? :bounce: LINK: http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php/16983-The-Fan-93.7-reports-Woodley-might-miss-next-2-6-weeks

GodfatherofSoul
11-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Beyonce is really pregnant with my baby, not Jay-Z's.

Polamalu Princess
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM

HAHAHA!

Polamalu Princess
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
I just hope and pray that he is okay.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Severe hamstring injuries can take months to come back from. I doubt he is back for another week at least

86WARD
11-27-2011, 06:39 AM
He said it wasn't severe...lol.

suitanim
11-27-2011, 06:54 AM
(Looking over my shoulder)

Don't tell anybody, but I heard from my sisters cousins uncles mechanic that.............................................. SWEED is coming back.

DON'T TELL!

BigNastyDefense
11-27-2011, 03:12 PM
(Looking over my shoulder)

Don't tell anybody, but I heard from my sisters cousins uncles mechanic that.............................................. SWEED is coming back.

DON'T TELL!

BIG REDZONE TARGET!