PDA

View Full Version : Flacco like Ben

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-25-2011, 01:00 AM
As a defensive player was hanging on Flacco one of the geniuses in the broadcast booth during the ratbird niners game said that "A lot of people want to compare him (Flacco) to Ben" :huh: and because of his "Stature he has the ability to throw the ball with people draped all over him."

Really? Flacco like Ben? now there's a reach. Too much turkey maybe? :noidea:

oneforthetoe
11-25-2011, 01:19 AM
As a defensive player was hanging on Flacco one of the geniuses in the broadcast booth during the ratbird niners game said that "A lot of people want to compare him (Flacco) to Ben" :huh: and because of his "Stature he has the ability to throw the ball with people draped all over him."

Really? Flacco like Ben? now there's a reach. Too much turkey maybe? :noidea:

Yes, I heard that. It was Mike Mayock who said that. I am surprised because I think Mayock is one of the best annalists in football. I just don't know what he was thinking. He is not a Ben hater. I watched him once on playbook analyzes Ben's pump fake. He called it the best in the league. How he thinks Flacco is similar is beyond me.

Crow-Magnon
11-25-2011, 05:12 AM
I think Maycock's comparison was strictly more of a body-size type of thing, and the ability to shed tacklers. Flacco may not be as good as Roethlisberger when it comes to eluding sacks and making big plays downfield, but he's a damned sight tougher to take down than, say, Marcia.

BigNastyDefense
11-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I think Maycock's comparison was strictly more of a body-size type of thing, and the ability to shed tacklers. Flacco may not be as good as Roethlisberger when it comes to eluding sacks and making big plays downfield, but he's a damned sight tougher to take down than, say, Marcia.

Brady and Peyton Manning both just crumple into the fetal position as they are getting hit. They aren't tough guys who will try to fight out of a tackle.

Flacco isn't anywhere close to Ben when it comes to being able to fight off a tackler to make the play down the field, but Flacco is elusive in his own way. He can move in the pocket, but he's never really impressed me with throwing on the run.

The Duke
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Alex Smith made a Ben-esque play last night. Doesn't mean he's like Ben either

Flacco folds under pressure too easily to be compared to ben

86WARD
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Flacco compared to Ben? Mayock knows better...Freeman is comparable to Bens style. Flacco? Uh....no.

st33lersguy
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Take a look at each quarterback's playoff history, no comparison

tube517
11-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Actually Moyock is complimenting Ben with the comparison because no one makes plays like Ben.

With that said, Moyock was fined $200,000 for that comparison by Goodhell for even mentioning Ben's name. Also, since Moyock was drafted by Pittsburgh, the amount was tripled.

oneforthetoe
11-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Actually Moyock is complimenting Ben with the comparison because no one makes plays like Ben.

With that said, Moyock was fined $200,000 for that comparison by Goodhell for even mentioning Ben's name. Also, since Moyock was drafted by Pittsburgh, the amount was tripled.

Lol ....... Don't forget his fine for voting for Hines in the Heisman voting.

SteelGhost
11-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Coming from Mayock surprises me a lot.

It's a lack of respect to compare Unibrow with Big Ben :chuckle:

tube517
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Lol ....... Don't forget his fine for voting for Hines in the Heisman voting.

That's a 3 yr suspension from NFL Combine analyst duties.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2011, 11:08 PM
haha oh my God, speaking of Alex Smith, i think we all knew the 49ers couldnt do shit to get points if Gore wasnt running well but this game just confirmed that speculation about as much as humanly possible. :lol:

st33lersguy
11-26-2011, 09:16 AM
haha oh my God, speaking of Alex Smith, i think we all knew the 49ers couldnt do shit to get points if Gore wasnt running well but this game just confirmed that speculation about as much as humanly possible. :lol:

Yeah, Alex Smith to the 49ers is like Niel O Donnell/Kordell to all those great Steeler teams that Cowher fielded before Big Ben

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Alex Smith to the 49ers is like Niel O Donnell/Kordell to all those great Steeler teams that Cowher fielded before Big Ben

except alex smith has been asked to do EVEN LESS than those guys

O'Malley
11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
The only thing that is the same with Flacco and Roethlisberger is they both play QB.. It ends there.

suitanim
11-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Hmmmm..........well, they are both white men who play QB in the NFL. Is that what he meant?

O'Malley
11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Hmmmm..........well, they are both white men who play QB in the NFL. Is that what he meant?

And their both white... Good point suitanim.

BigNastyDefense
11-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Ways Flacco is like Ben:

Both are white.

Both play quarterback.

Both play in the AFC.

Both play in the AFC North.