PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Chiefs with Kyle Orton?

polamalubeast
11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
QB Kyle Orton claimed off waivers by Kansas City Chiefs

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/statuses/139450533365813251

VTsteel
11-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Not too surprised - though I was thinking the Texans woulda wanted him

zulater
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM

So did the Bears. But with a waived player the team with the worst record who claims him get's the "prize".

SCSTILLER
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM
So did the Bears. But with a waived player the team with the worst record who claims him get's the "prize".

Not much of a prize if you ask me :noidea:

OnlyOne21
11-23-2011, 04:16 PM
My guess is that Denver was hoping he would slide to Chicago since they are scheduled to play the Raiders and Chiefs in the next three weeks. I am not sure I can remember a time in a schedule of any team where they played an entire division in consecutive weeks.

Whether it is Palko or Orton should make no difference. Steelers will hopefully improve on their giveaway-takeaway stats for the year.

zulater
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Not much of a prize if you ask me :noidea:

Hence the quotations. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Who will be the Chiefs starting Sunday?

Count Steeler
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Either way, let's build on the 2 ints last game. I'll take 4 this week by either Palko or Orton, spread the wealth.

Chidi29
11-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Who will be the Chiefs starting Sunday?

I'd be a bit surprised to see Orton start. We saw what happened to Palmer when he got thrown into a new offense without any time under his belt.

To my knowledge, he doesn't have any ties with Haley so he's learning a completely new offense.

steelreserve
11-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd be a bit surprised to see Orton start. We saw what happened to Palmer when he got thrown into a new offense without any time under his belt.

That's exactly what I was going to say until you said it. And don't mistake this as high praise for Palmer ... but if Palmer sucks that bad after trying to learn the offense the same week, Kyle Orton has no chance in hell.

Even if Orton had been the Chiefs' starter all season, I wouldn't be terribly worried about him. He's just not that good of a QB even at his best.

Chidi29
11-23-2011, 08:34 PM
That's exactly what I was going to say until you said it. And don't mistake this as high praise for Palmer ... but if Palmer sucks that bad after trying to learn the offense the same week, Kyle Orton has no chance in hell.

Even if Orton had been the Chiefs' starter all season, I wouldn't be terribly worried about him. He's just not that good of a QB even at his best.

Hue Jackson even later said that it was a mistake to play him in the second half. Palmer knew just fifteen plays.

I'd love for Haley to make the same mistake but he isn't going to.

ALLD
11-23-2011, 08:41 PM
The Chiefs will be running the ball...alot.

Steeldude
11-24-2011, 03:04 AM
i would have liked to take orton, but the chance of that happening was nearly impossible. if orton was the backup i wouldn't worry so much when BR is hobbling or getting hit late/illegally. with batch you have to wonder how many plays he would last before going down. as for dixon, no one wants to see him behind center unless it's on the opposing team.

zulater
11-24-2011, 05:59 AM
i would have liked to take orton, but the chance of that happening was nearly impossible. if orton was the backup i wouldn't worry so much when BR is hobbling or getting hit late/illegally. with batch you have to wonder how many plays he would last before going down. as for dixon, no one wants to see him behind center unless it's on the opposing team.

Orton's a free agent after this season. If no one is willing to commit a starters job or salary to him, he could end up somewhere like Pittsburgh as a backup. I'd take him.

86WARD
11-24-2011, 06:55 AM

Didn't fit the Texans system. kellen Clemens knows that system which is why they went with him. The Beats put in a claim but they had no shot. The Cowboys were looking to take him for a couple reasons. First they would've kept him away from the Bears whom they could be battling for a playoff spot if they slip in the division. Two, they'd be looking at a very, very high compensatory pick if a team took Orton from them in 2012 if Orton started...which they'd be more than happy to take.

86WARD
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
http://gridironfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1385015#post1385015

Chidi29
11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Didn't fit the Texans system. kellen Clemens knows that system which is why they went with him. The Beats put in a claim but they had no shot. The Cowboys were looking to take him for a couple reasons. First they would've kept him away from the Bears whom they could be battling for a playoff spot if they slip in the division. Two, they'd be looking at a very, very high compensatory pick if a team took Orton from them in 2012 if Orton started...which they'd be more than happy to take.

And Kitna is dealing with back problems.