PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Impressed With Bengals Rookie QB Andy Dalton

polamalubeast
11-16-2011, 01:30 PM
"He’s a good player. He spins the ball really well, especially with the wind. He was spinning it really well. He seems to be very cerebral. He knows what’s going on out there. I think that he is playing the best out of all the rookie quarterbacks. The other guys have numbers, but he makes some great throws. We were on the sideline — Byron (Leftwich), Charlie (Batch) and I — and we were saying ‘Oh, that’s a good throw.’ He makes good throws, he anticipates and I think he’s playing really well. I told him, ‘We’ll see you in a couple of weeks, but you’re playing lights out.’"

read more

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/11/14/2561281/steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-impressed-with-bengals-rookie-qb-andy

steelreserve
11-16-2011, 01:53 PM
I do have to say Dalton was better than I expected. I figured their previous opponents were making him look a lot better than he was, and we'd tear him apart. But he is no joke. Not a great and polished QB yet or anything, but at least legitimate.

tube517
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Howdy Doody is good. I was impressed. Let's see how he is at Heinz field.

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Howdy Doody is good. I was impressed.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/AndyDoody.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

XxKnightxX
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/AndyDoody.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously dye your hair man you look like a serial killer with that face.
http://www.fanseries.fr/wp-content/gallery/dexter/dexter-09.jpg

Edman
11-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Dalton has already surpassed Flacco in my book. He's legit and he's gonna be a pain for years to come.

Then again, Colt McCoy looked legitimate against us last year too, and look what he's doing now.

Dalton is a Bengal. We'll see how far he can play after year one.

polamalubeast
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Colt McCoy is awful this year

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Colt McCoy is awful this year

what, but what about their vaunted #1 pass defense :chuckle:

st33lersguy
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
He and A.J Green have been really impressive and could pose problems for us in the future, especially since they do not distract themselves and put on a media side show Ochosucko

Moose
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
I think BEN was being polite. I'm sure he didn't want to give the bungholes any bulletin board material with another game coming up with them in a few weeks. You have to remember, with him being in his first year, there isn't alot of films on him in the NFL form. After his first year is gone and with plenty of his games on film the teams will be able to study alot of his reactions in situations, how he handles certain situations, his strengths/weaknesses, where he looks and throws, his speed of reading defenses and reaction times, etc., etc.. He is definitely having a great rookie year so far, and his having great WRs is a great help for him. Green is going to be a good tool for him. How will he handle an injury ? You know he's going to get
hammered sooner or later. How he does next year and the following year will tell alot. GO STEELERS

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2011, 09:25 PM
He is definitely having a great rookie year so far, and his having great WRs is a great help for him

Great wide receivers? AJ Green is, alright, but id hardly call Caldwell, Simpson and the rest of the no name crew GREAT. Throw in Gresham in there and you have some reasonable talent. His best slot receiver Shipley has been on IR by the way.

#1, i think you gotta attribute the success around him to the O-line. The bengals are winning the battle of the trenches against most teams they play on both sides, but you gotta give the ginger some credit.

Merchant
11-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Let's hope he plays well this Sunday and hands the Ravens another L

BlastFurnace
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
The Bengals are going to be trouble in the very near future. They have slowly accumulated a lot of talent and ridded themselves of their character issues...other then Benson.

86WARD
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Great wide receivers? AJ Green is, alright, but id hardly call Caldwell, Simpson and the rest of the no name crew GREAT. Throw in Gresham in there and you have some reasonable talent. His best slot receiver Shipley has been on IR by the way.

#1, i think you gotta attribute the success around him to the O-line. The bengals are winning the battle of the trenches against most teams they play on both sides, but you gotta give the ginger some credit.

AJ Green is far, far, FAR BETTER than "alright.". Lol...

Psycho Ward 86
11-17-2011, 05:53 PM
AJ Green is far, far, FAR BETTER than "alright.". Lol...

Rarely do you see a vaunted passing attack consisting of one elite receiver if that was the point you were trying to make. the bengals are no different. and i dont think anybody is taking into account all the new offensively beneficial rules that have been reeling out in the Goodell era, this year more than ever, especially that defenseless receiver rule. Hardly ever see a receiver get throttled while trying to make a catch like we used to. That rule is huge.

salamander
11-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Rarely do you see a vaunted passing attack consisting of one elite receiver if that was the point you were trying to make. the bengals are no different. and i dont think anybody is taking into account all the new offensively beneficial rules that have been reeling out in the Goodell era, this year more than ever, especially that defenseless receiver rule. Hardly ever see a receiver get throttled while trying to make a catch like we used to. That rule is huge.

Unless that receiver is a Steeler.

Psycho Ward 86
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Unless that receiver is a Steeler.

i dont follow. Ive seen wide receivers babied all around

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Just hope he does enough to beat the Ravens this weekend so I can giggle til we play in Kansas City next week. Cause a Bengals win in Baltimore would be Hilarious! Effing Hilarious!

Psycho Ward 86
11-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Just hope he does enough to beat the Ravens this weekend so I can giggle til we play in Kansas City next week. Cause a Bengals win in Baltimore would be Hilarious! Effing Hilarious!

And more possible with the loss of Ray Lewis? (Although the bengals lost Leon Hall and Jordan Shipley for the season)

Devilsdancefloor
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Honestly he reminds me a lot of another #14 Ken anderson (does this date me by chance? :lol: ) that was a thorn in the steelers side what seemed like a eternity

tube517
11-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Honestly he reminds me a lot of another #14 Ken anderson (does this date me by chance? :lol: ) that was a thorn in the steelers side what seemed like a eternity

Yes, Devil. I remember Ken Anderson very well and that makes us both old. :chuckle:

86WARD
11-19-2011, 07:53 AM

No. My point is that Green is far better than "alright." He's actually very good. If you are saying that green "is" the Bengals receiving corp and as a group they are "alright," then yeah...you'd be right. But Green is a very good receiver...VERY good...

86WARD
11-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, Devil. I remember Ken Anderson very well and that makes us both old. :chuckle:

Wasn't fond of him...:)