PDA

View Full Version : Which AFC team would you fear most in the playoffs?

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I know this is premature, and the Steelers first have to qualify for the playoffs before we consider who they may or may not have to play. But just going on what we know today, assuming the Steelers go into the playoffs healthy and confident, which AFC team potentially poses the biggest threat to them in a head on match up?

polamalubeast
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Jets

The jets are at their best when no one believes in their team.

NFC: Packers, of course

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Jets

The jets are at their best when no one believes in their team.

NFC: Packers, of course

Got a poll up now Beast.

Carolina Steelers
11-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Ill still say the Pats. I know on any given Sunday but I believe the other teams we could beat them if we hand a few mistakes like -turnovers, but the Pats I feel like we would have to play almost perfect to beat them.

tube517
11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Ratbirds. They have beaten us twice. To say they are not a threat is ridiculous. Pats* would be a close second.

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Oops, can a moderator add the Texans to the poll please? :doh:

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Ravens. They still owe us in the postseason and we seem to be the one team that brings out their full potential as a team. The Patriots don't worry me as much because I think we can move the ball at will against their defense.

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Oops, can a moderator add the Texans to the poll please? :doh:

Done. :thumbsup:

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Ratbirds. They have beaten us twice. To say they are not a threat is ridiculous. Pats* would be a close second.

I don't think anyone's indicated they're not a threat? It's just some of us might view another team as a bigger possible threat in the playoffs. I went with the Patriots, but it's close between they and the Ravens. In the end I still fear Brady more than Flacco.

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
How come I'm not seeing any votes for the Ravens in the poll yet?

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
How come I'm not seeing any votes for the Ravens in the poll yet?

I see two votes for the Ravens. :noidea:

polamalubeast
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I would be very confident if the steelers play against the Ravens in the playoffs.

They play a good game against the Ravens last week but they made ​​some mistakes(Ben INT) and they were atrocious in 3rd down defense.

zulater
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I see two votes for the Ravens. :noidea:

Now I do too.

steelreserve
11-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Well, the Ravens beat us twice, so it has to be them. Everyone else on the list we've either beaten already or ought to.

I know, I know, the Texans - but they're not going to be the same team anymore.

Edman
11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
The Ravens are a threat but I have no reason to "fear" them. We'll get their best game as usual, but I don't fear them.

The Patriots and Jets are the ones who worry me the most. The Pats are the Pats, they still have Brady and they can spring alive at any moment. We've beaten Baltimore in the playoffs, but New England has always had our number. As for the Jets, they almost pulled off a comeback in the Championship last year after falling behind 24-0.

steeldevil
11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Easy, the Patriots*. I would say the Texans too, but not any more...

I guess Rats second behind the Pats*.

tube517
11-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't think anyone's indicated they're not a threat? It's just some of us might view another team as a bigger possible threat in the playoffs. I went with the Patriots, but it's close between they and the Ravens. In the end I still fear Brady more than Flacco.

Didn't say that anyone did. I was stating if anyone says they aren't a threat.

I see the thread is titled "Fear" not Threat. In that case, I fear nobody.

steel striker
11-16-2011, 02:38 PM
For me this year it would be the ravens because, their defense always plays us tough. If you look at the last two play off games it was a one score difference. Like mentioned above the pats defense does not worry me and, I don't think Sanchez can lead the jets past the steelers. Plus the raven defense is always hard to score td's against.

86WARD
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Patriots.

SteelerEmpire
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
I say the Ravens right now. If we can solve our red zone problem, then I don't fear any of them.

suitanim
11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Texans or Jets They can run the ball and they play good defense.

The Rats will NEVER beat us three times in one year. It's almost impossible to do that against even crap teams, and we aren't crap.

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Texans or Jets

Texans? Maybe with Schaub, but not this dude:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2008/03/medium_leinartbeerbong.jpg

Sanchez doesn't exactly strike fear in my heart either. The postseason is when the teams that have the better QBs generally assert themselves over the teams with average ones.

Craic
11-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Pats*

We've beaten the Ravens twice in 3 years in the postseason. We've beaten them multiple times while the core of these two teams have matched up. This year, we weren't ready the first game, and the second game, we had it won and then made a couple mistakes... (same way they've had game won, and then we come back and win on their mistakes). So there is not fear in playing them I think, because there is no "we've never beaten this team in the playoffs "atmosphere." Matter of fact, it very well may turn out that even though they have beaten us twice, we STILL win the division. Talk about heart-breaking. Then to have to come back to Heinz field and try to beat the same team three times, when you've never beat them in the postseason. That is a very large hill to climb.

On the flip side, we have to face the same type of hill with the Pats*. Many on this team remember losing to them in 2004 and before. They've destroyed us more times than not, and we showed them our brand new defensive scheme already. Whether it's by camera or by intelligence, Bellichik makes changes and we'd be facing a very different offense in the next game.

Devilsdancefloor
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
* has to be the team we shot ourselves in the foot twice against the ratbirds

tube517
11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Sanchez doesn't exactly strike fear in my heart either. The postseason is when the teams that have the better QBs generally assert themselves over the teams with average ones.

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Aaron_Rodgers_Mark_Sanchez_GQ_Embarrassing.jpg

No fear at all? :chuckle:

steelerdude15
11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I say Patriots.

polamalubeast
11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Texans? Maybe with Schaub, but not this dude:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2008/03/medium_leinartbeerbong.jpg

The running game of Texans is really very good and the defense is No. 1 for the yards allowed this year.And only Calvin Johnson is better than Andre Johnson in the WR.

I take the Texans as a threat, especially with the way they dominated the Steelers in the week 4.

st33lersguy
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Patriots. It is very difficult to beat Bellicheat/Brady twice in a single season.

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
The running game of Texans is really very good and the defense is No. 1 for the yards allowed this year.And only Calvin Johnson is better than Andre Johnson in the WR.

I take the Texans as a threat, especially with the way they dominated the Steelers in the week 4.

See: 2001 Steelers - awesome running game, awesome D, crap QB, another loss (at home) in the AFCCG. And it doesn't much matter how much of a stud your #1 WR is when your QB sucks ass. Just ask Fitz about that.

And if we play in the postseason like we played in week 4, it won't matter who we play, we'll get bounced out of the playoffs in the first game in embarrassing fashion. The difference in the way the team is playing now and the way it was playing the first month of the season is like night and day.

fansince'76
11-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Patriots. It is very difficult to beat Bellicheat/Brady twice in a single season.

It's a little easier now with the cameras turned off. And they still have a 3-game losing streak in the postseason going.

tube517
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Jets did it last year.

Moose
11-16-2011, 06:08 PM
The Pat's at home is going to be tough. It seem's Brady know's how to pick our CB's apart, and playing in 'their' house is going to be a real tough task to complete. I think the Rat's are going to be tough also, but they are up one week and down the next and we 'beat ourselves' the last game, so them beating us again is going to be a tough task for them.

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
If the texans still had schaub, i wouldve gone off on a limb and picked the Texans. I still fear them without him, but ill go with the Patriots. I dont think the Ravens have a prayer if they face us healthy one more time, honestly.

Galax Steeler
11-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I have to say the Patriots.

The Duke
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Patriots

I don't care about the game in October, they have still owned us in the playoffs. Their playoff losing streak is bound to end at some point, so I would be really nervous about that game

Craic
11-16-2011, 07:30 PM
The Pat's at home is going to be tough. It seem's Brady know's how to pick our CB's apart, and playing in 'their' house is going to be a real tough task to complete. I think the Rat's are going to be tough also, but they are up one week and down the next and we 'beat ourselves' the last game, so them beating us again is going to be a tough task for them.

What makes yo uthink we are going to be going up to Foxborough? I don't see Baltimore winning out. With our bye this coming week, we are going to get healthy and just might win the rest of our games. That means that except for Houston, (without their star QB), the road to the Superbowl travels through Pittsburgh.

Craic
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Cincinnati Bengals 1 vote 3.33%

I guess CS85 came by and voted. :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I say the Cheats*, as I don't believe there is any way the Steelers allow Flacid & Co. to beat them for the 3rd time in a season.

As far as the Texans go - with Matt Schaub in there, I may have considered them but with Leinart at the helm? :lol: :rofl: :lol: Riiiiiiiiiight.

Moose
11-16-2011, 08:28 PM
What makes yo uthink we are going to be going up to Foxborough? I don't see Baltimore winning out. With our bye this coming week, we are going to get healthy and just might win the rest of our games. That means that except for Houston, (without their star QB), the road to the Superbowl travels through Pittsburgh.

If you look at the rest of the schedule for N.E., I would figure them probably being the #1 seed, our schedule isn't too bad, but you know our history, at times, of playing teams we should beat handedly, so saying that I know being healthy is great going in the play-offs, but as far as "win the rest of our games" goes....ugh.

st33lersguy
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Jets did it last year.

They also had the benefit of everyone doubting them and having a chip on their shoulder after getting blown out 45-3.

Craic
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
If you look at the rest of the schedule for N.E., I would figure them probably being the #1 seed, our schedule isn't too bad, but you know our history, at times, of playing teams we should beat handedly, so saying that I know being healthy is great going in the play-offs, but as far as "win the rest of our games" goes....ugh.

LOL. You do have a point. But this is year, it seems that we are winning the games we should win at least.

tube517
11-16-2011, 10:07 PM
They also had the benefit of everyone doubting them and having a chip on their shoulder after getting blown out 45-3.

Whatever it takes. The "invincibility" of the Cheats* is overrated.

suitanim
11-17-2011, 10:31 AM
The Cheatriots don't play defense. They don't scare me at all anymore...and if we're at home, I think they'd have some trouble stealing Ben's radio frequency.

zulater
11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Everyone vote?

Anyone want to change their vote?

SteelGhost
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't fear anybody, BUT I think winning in Pats* territory will be VERY hard.

Crow-Magnon
11-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Looking at history, I'd say for the Steelers it would be the Patriots. They have the track record of beating Pittsburgh when it counts. This year their defense has been suspect, but the post-season is the post-season , so I count nothing out.

As far as Baltimore is concerned, I know many of you are saying there is no way the Ravens beat the Steelers three times in a season. I heard that same comment before.....from Ravens fans. Never say never.....never.