PDA

View Full Version : Kovacevic: This finish won't bug Steelers

stillers4me
11-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Think of the Steelers as your shoe raised in the air, ready to squash one of those annoying stink bugs. You want to squash it. You know you can squash it. But the foot never comes down.
In the case of the insect, there's an obvious reason for that: Its demise will smell up the whole house.

In the case of the Steelers, it's safe to say their many shows of mercy this season have been just as malodorous but much harder to explain.

Remember running up 17 points on the first three drives against Jacksonville, only to hang on, 17-13?

Or allowing an equally awful Arizona team to pull within a field goal in the third quarter?

Or Tom Brady's touchdown pass with 2:35 left to get New England within six?

Or Joe Flacco finding guts even he didn't know he had to drive 92 yards?

At some stage of legitimate contention, a team has to slam the door. It has to show some semblance of a killer instinct....................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_767153.html

HometownGal
11-14-2011, 05:39 AM
They did what they needed to do to finish the Bungles off and get 'r done yesterday and for the most part played solidly on both sides of the ball. I have no complaints.

suitanim
11-14-2011, 05:42 AM
FIRE ARIANS!

stillers4me
11-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Dalton and this new version of the Bengals are going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time. Right now, experience that's giving us the edge. I saw a very poised young quarterback yesterday. It will be interesting next time around to have Woodley back and see how he does with more pressure.

tube517
11-14-2011, 07:31 AM
FIRE ARIANS!

Cam Arians can stay though. :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Could be worse. At least they're not shitting the bed against losing teams like 2009. Or like the Ravens are this year...

SteelerEmpire
11-14-2011, 08:47 AM
But, as Roethlisberger and others rightly acknowledged, the Steelers didn't play a great game here.

Hopefully were not one of those teams this season that comes back playing even worse after their bye week.

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Could be worse. At least they're not shitting the bed against losing teams like 2009. Or like the Ravens are this year...

I have 50 yard line tickets behind the Visitor Bench for the KC Game in 2 weeks. After seeing them blow that game in 09, I'm hoping for some Revenge this year. I want to be able to scream my head off in Joy this season, not frustration and anger.

Edman
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
At least the Steelers aren't losing to bad teams like 2009. Like the Ravens are this year. I'm pretty sure the Ravens are sure proud of themselves losing to three of the league doormats and looking awful doing so.

Last season, the Steelers escaped against the Bills and Dolphins, I'm sure they are bugged by almost losing to them when they reached the Super Bowl months later. Compared to a year earlier when they lost to the Raiders, Chiefs, and the 1-11 Cleveland Browns on National TV with the season on the line.

It's the NFL. It's all about winning. When you win, nothing else matters. The Steelers are going to have their games like this every year. As long as they win, who cares.

polamalubeast
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
It's always been ugly against the Bengals.

Remember last year when the Steelers made ​​a almost collapsed during the MNF against the Bengals.

The Bengals defense is very good since 2008.

And this year,the Bengals are a good team and that's the reason why I am very happy with the win!

tube517
11-14-2011, 10:48 AM
At least the Steelers aren't losing to bad teams like 2009. Like the Ravens are this year. I'm pretty sure the Ravens are sure proud of themselves losing to three of the league doormats and looking awful doing so.

Last season, the Steelers escaped against the Bills and Dolphins, I'm sure they are bugged by almost losing to them when they reached the Super Bowl months later. Compared to a year earlier when they lost to the Raiders, Chiefs, and the 1-11 Cleveland Browns on National TV with the season on the line.

It's the NFL. It's all about winning. When you win, nothing else matters. The Steelers are going to have their games like this every year. As long as they win, who cares.

Yeah, but we left 1028 points on the field. Ben should have 900 yds passing and Brown and Wallace should have 3500 yds/game. Mendy should always have 535 yds/game rushing. This team is horrid. Harrison should have 100 sacks and Troy should have 10 INTs every game. If they play like they did Sunday, against Tim Teblow, they will get decimated.

GodfatherofSoul
11-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I have 50 yard line tickets behind the Visitor Bench for the KC Game in 2 weeks. After seeing them blow that game in 09, I'm hoping for some Revenge this year. I want to be able to scream my head off in Joy this season, not frustration and anger.

Make sure you hook up with the KC Steelers Fan club. Something like 100-150 regulars and 200-250 show for playoffs games. They regularly tailgate at the stadium and they'll be there for the KC game! www.kcsfc.net.

ALLD
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
KC is going to get killed. They just lost Cassell.