PDA

View Full Version : 7-3 going into the bye.

zulater
11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Nice to go into the bye off a win! :party: Now we just need to get a few guys fully healthy, and we should have a great November and December. :applaudit:

fansince'76
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Nice to go into the bye off a win! :party: Now we just need to get a few guys fully healthy, and we should have a great November and December. :applaudit:

Time to unleash hell! :chuckle:

tube517
11-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Time to face the first wave of terror!

Merchant
11-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Much needed bye-week. Nice to be going into it with a win coupled with a Ravens loss. Hopefully we get a 100% healthy Woodley back when we return and a few dinged up guys like Troy fully recover so we can head into the last 6 games full-steam ahead.

zulater
11-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Bires: Steelers rolling into the bye (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/bires-steelers-rolling-into-the-bye/article_7dc98867-d772-518e-8c15-d821c5b131d2.html)

CINCINNATI -- How satisfying it was for the Steelers to go into their bye after lining up in victory formation.
They ended their 10th game with three Ben Roethlisberger kneel-downs and then hopped on a plane for a short but sweet flight home.
"Oh, this bye is going to feel good," Roethlisberger beamed after the Steelers finished the most difficult stretch of their season with a 24-17 win over the Bengals.
Coach Mike Tomlin didn't sound as ecstatic as his star quarterback.
"I haven't run across a bye I didn't like," he said. "You get it when you get it."
That's true. But the Steelers -- the AFC North-leading Steelers -- are feeling pretty good about what they're accomplished so far. And who's to blame them for feeling good about their chances the rest of the way?
In the past three weeks, the Steelers proved they're every bit the Super Bowl contender as anyone else in the AFC. They beat the Patriots. They experienced a gut-wrenching loss last week by failing to hold a fourth-quarter lead against the Ravens. But on Sunday, they rebounded and protected a lead down the homestretch against a tough Bengals team.
Instead of going home and sulking for two weeks over a loss that would have severely damaged their playoff hopes, the Steelers hung on by intercepting two Andy Dalton passes in the fourth quarter.
The Steelers are 7-3, and they believe they have yet to play their best football.

zulater
11-14-2011, 05:29 AM
That could come starting Nov. 27 when they go to Kansas City. On that day, the Steelers will have their best defense on the field for the first time since Oct. 2. Now that James Harrison is back after missing four games with an eye injury, LaMarr Woodley will be back after missing two games with a hamstring pull.
"Both those guys are freaks. They're freaks of nature," defensive end Brett Keisel said of the Steelers' dynamic duo at outside linebacker. "When they're both out there playing ball, we're a very good defense."

HometownGal
11-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin didn't sound as ecstatic as his star quarterback.
"I haven't run across a bye I didn't like," he said. "You get it when you get it."

The standard is the standard. :heh:

I love the position we are in right now and am looking forward to what our boyz are going to bring down the stretch. :tt03:

Bluecoat96
11-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Time to unleash hell! :chuckle:

You shut your mouth!!!!:sofunny:

venom
11-14-2011, 05:47 AM
With 2 vs the Browns , KC and the Rams coming up , it looks good for us. The only " tough " ones for us will be @ San Fran and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe the Bengals game at home.

PalmerSteel
11-14-2011, 06:02 AM
"you get it when you get it" .

just another great "tomlinism" to put in the big book ;)

if we do what we do, we shouldnt have any excuse of not being a top 1 or 2 seed out of the afc. didnt think we would have much of a chance to catch the ravens until yesterday. they are really inconsistant.

SteelerFanInStl
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Despite the two losses to the Ravens, we're sitting in a pretty good position right now. If we can get guys healthy during the bye week, we'll be looking good.

polamalubeast
11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I am very happy with the 7-3.

The Steelers were terrible in the first 4 games, but since they play very well and they won against two teams with a record of 6-3(bengals and patriots)

zulater
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I am very happy with the 7-3.

The Steelers were terrible in the first 4 games, but since they play very well and they won against two teams with a record of 6-3(bengals and patriots)

2 wins say they weren't so terrible. I don't care who they beat, a win is a win, is a win.

Obviously they've improved, but they were never as bad as people were making out when things were at their worst.

steelerdude15
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
It's a very good feeling.

steel striker
11-14-2011, 03:00 PM
yeah I like where we are at right now and, with the ravens playing up & down. Our chances are good for the home stretch run.

Hindes204
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Im happy with 7-3 going into the bye...I wouldve like to have taken at least one from the ratbirds, but we can rebound from the sweep. Im hoping the ratbirds self destruct and put themselves out of it, they still have to play Cincy twice and SF. I think if we can manage 12-4 with beating Cincy twice the division will be ours.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Cassel might be out for the season with a hand injury that needs surgery. tyler Palko would start if that happens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241e068/article/chiefs-haley-possibility-that-cassel-is-out-for-rest-of-season?module=HP11_headline_stack

steelerdude15
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Cassel might be out for the season with a hand injury that needs surgery. tyler Palko would start if that happens

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241e068/article/chiefs-haley-possibility-that-cassel-is-out-for-rest-of-season?module=HP11_headline_stack
Good news for us, but I hope you recover quick Matt.

fansince'76
11-14-2011, 07:57 PM

I hope the team doesn't look past the Chiefs and get burnt in the process. They've gotten smoked by scrub QBs in the past by being obviously overconfident.

polamalubeast
11-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I hope the team doesn't look past the Chiefs and get burnt in the process. They've gotten smoked by scrub QBs in the past by being obviously overconfident.

And we must remember that the Steelers had lost against the 4-12 Chiefs in 2009.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I agree with both of you, but i think we should continue to rest Woodley all the way through the Chiefs game and bring him back for the Bengals game if we need to.

oneforthetoe
11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
With 2 vs the Browns , KC and the Rams coming up , it looks good for us. The only " tough " ones for us will be @ San Fran and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe the Bengals game at home.

I am feeling confident about how the Steelers will finish, but any game can be difficult. The Chiefs suck. However, we have not always played great after byes. The brownies also suck, but the 4 day short week helps he weaker team, imo. Plus, the game in Cleveland will be their Superbowl. The bungles and San Fran will come ready to play. The Rams don't have much but SJ can be a beast.

Overall, I think we lose one more and finish 12-4, but injuries or an uninspired effort are always a lurking danger.

polamalubeast
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
The Steelers have lost four games against teams that had a losing record since 2008, and his 4 losses were in the same year(2009)

Godfather
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Things are starting to fall into place for us. Schaub is injured and his backup is Matt "I have fewer career touchdown passes than JaMarcus Russell" Leinart.

The South and West champs will suck and we have head to head on the East champ. We just need to take care of business and we'll have a first round bye.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Things are starting to fall into place for us. Schaub is injured and his backup is Matt "I have fewer career touchdown passes than JaMarcus Russell" Leinart.

The South and West champs will suck and we have head to head on the East champ. We just need to take care of business and we'll have a first round bye.

I think we still need the Ravens to drop one more and we probably need to win out or go 6-1. That's still asking a lot.

zulater
11-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Ya know it's still possible that the Steelers could win the division in a 3 way tie scenario with the Bengals, and Ravens. In a 3 way tie, head to head could be thrown out ( i.e. Steelers sweep Bengals, Bengals sweep Ravens, Ravens sweep Steelers) and then it would go down to the next tiebreakers. :lol:

CantStop85
11-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Ya know it's still possible that the Steelers could win the division in a 3 way tie scenario with the Bengals, and Ravens. In a 3 way tie, head to head could be thrown out ( i.e. Steelers sweep Bengals, Bengals sweep Ravens, Ravens sweep Steelers) and then it would go down to the next tiebreakers. :lol:

I feel like this is the only appropriate way for the division to end up this season.

suitanim
11-15-2011, 05:24 AM
I have us at 12-4, and the Rats and Bungs at 11-5...

86WARD
11-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Who do to have the steelers losing to?

suitanim
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Probably San Fran...but I would not be surprised if they win that game then dump one to the lowly Browns or sorry-assed Chiefs. They still have one more let-down game in them, I think...

BigNastyDefense
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
I am feeling confident about how the Steelers will finish, but any game can be difficult. The Chiefs suck. However, we have not always played great after byes. The brownies also suck, but the 4 day short week helps he weaker team, imo. Plus, the game in Cleveland will be their Superbowl. The bungles and San Fran will come ready to play. The Rams don't have much but SJ can be a beast.

Overall, I think we lose one more and finish 12-4, but injuries or an uninspired effort are always a lurking danger.

Cleveland couldn't score a TD against the Rams, so I doubt they score more than 9 total against us.

86WARD
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Probably San Fran...but I would not be surprised if they win that game then dump one to the lowly Browns or sorry-assed Chiefs. They still have one more let-down game in them, I think...

I agree with that. I feel like its gonna be a let down loss...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 and they wind up 11-5.

suitanim
11-15-2011, 12:46 PM
They aren't an elite team, at least not yet. The one thing the Steelers have going for them is that there is exactly ONE elite team in the entire NFL right now and that's the Green Bay Packers. If we play them, it can only be in the Super Bowl.

SteelMember
11-15-2011, 01:36 PM

You mean like saying Tyler Palko doesn't exactly scare many people? :chuckle: We know what he can do anyway.

Having our bye this late in the season is really throwing me off. Seems like we usually have it week 5 or something.