PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 complaint department is open.

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey just because we won doesn't mean there aren't some reasons to gripe. :horn::D

Ok I'll start off with Troy. what the hell was he thinking on that first Bengal touchdown? :wtf: Looked as if his head was in the clouds or something.

Sacks, not one sack today! :frusty: Tell me that Woodley doesn't matter.

Offensive line wasn't great today, not even close.

Wallace and Heath with the dropsie's!!!! And not only does Heath's drop cost us a play, it also cost us a series and a field goal against. And then damn he gets that penalty (b.s. it was) that takes a touchdown off the board.

Oh well Heath did make a great catch to set up the second touchdown. :salute:

tube517
11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Ian Eagle is an assclown

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Ian Eagle is an assclown

Leader in the clubhouse. :heh:

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Running game

tube517
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
We left 800 points on the field

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Running game

I guess the Bengals defense deserves some of the credit there. One thing's for sure, I wont blame Mendenhall, he pretty much got what was there for the taking all game, and on a couple carries he made something out of nothing.

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM

As long as it's one more than our opponent at the end I don't care. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Arians are a moron:lol:

fansince'76
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Still need to get better in the redzone. If we could shore the redzone offense up, this team would be damn near unstoppable.

zulater
11-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Still need to get better in the redzone. If we could shore the redzone offense up, this team would be damn near unstoppable.

Remember the refs screwed us out of one touchdown. If not for that we're 4-4 with touchdowns today in the redzone.

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Deep ball in 35 mph winds? Just no, the small ball on the 1st two drives worked great, and we went away from that for some reason.

86WARD
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Finish teams on offense.

Moose
11-13-2011, 06:05 PM
You pretty well hit the nail on the head Zulater

GodfatherofSoul
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
We're leaning too much on the passing game. It's stalling drives and getting Ben hammered.

zulater
11-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Heath Miller cost Ben about 20 points on his passer rating for the game today. He turned an easy completion into an interception, and took away a touchdown pass on an offensive interference penatly that in no way aided the play.

Oh well we won, and Heath has bailed Ben out a ton of times in the past. I'm sure he'll make it up in the next few games.

By the way since this is the complaint department, I have a complaint against my fellow SU posters here. How is it that I'm the only one that found Big Ben's performance to be game ball worthy today? I think he was 6 for 6 passing on 3rd downs today. Not his fault that the line didn't give him time to convert the rest of our 3rd downs.

X-Terminator
11-13-2011, 06:46 PM
The fact that we have a couple of people complaining about not being more aggressive with the pass, and another one complaining about passing too much. Which means no matter what, Arians gets blamed. I wouldn't want his job for all the coffee at the bottom of Boston Harbor. There's my complaint for the week.

Devilsdancefloor
11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
letting them back into the game when we had out foot on their throats

steel striker
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
We won that's all that matter and, it is big win. Yes we should have by alot more but, i'll take the W. Plus Ben just missed on another 95 yard td to Wallace so, time to get healthy with the bye. Hey the sea hags helped the cause today as well.

ALLD
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Ben still holding onto the ball and getting killed. He needs to take the first read for short yards or throw it away in order to preserve the integrity of the OL. Their D just has to rush up the middle and our pocket collapses because Ben is trying to paint a picture of the ball. Sometimes it is best to take what they give you.

Hopefully, Miller will bounce back and this was one of those "off" games. Wallace seemed to also lack concentration with his critical drop. Cotchery also broke off his route and missed a RZ TD. Play to the whistle and maintain focus.

It looks like we could have put the game away early, but let off the throttle. It was at best a 90% effort. Woodley is missed.

We did get TWO interceptions???

XxKnightxX
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Cant complain about the Pass Rush. Worilds Timmons and Harrison were getting back there, but Dalton was going Flacco and getting rid of the ball quickly and that Bengals O line has mammoths. Whitworth is one of the most underrated LTs in the league, even in the Carson Palmer days he didnt allow anything to get on his side, and Andre Carter is actually becoming a good lineman.

My only complaint and its a real concern is how we somehow become a 15 play offensive unit. Seriously Idk what goes on in the gamplan but the first series we do were marching up and down the field and after 15 to 25 plays, Its as if we run out of ideas and just start playing schoolyard ball or just get paranoid and dont want to run the same play. LOVED the no huddle in the second half. But thats about it.

7willBheaven
11-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Cant complain about the Pass Rush. Worilds Timmons and Harrison were getting back there, but Dalton was going Flacco and getting rid of the ball quickly and that Bengals O line has mammoths. Whitworth is one of the most underrated LTs in the league, even in the Carson Palmer days he didnt allow anything to get on his side, and Andre Carter is actually becoming a good lineman.

My only complaint and its a real concern is how we somehow become a 15 play offensive unit. Seriously Idk what goes on in the gamplan but the first series we do were marching up and down the field and after 15 to 25 plays, Its as if we run out of ideas and just start playing schoolyard ball or just get paranoid and dont want to run the same play. LOVED the no huddle in the second half. But thats about it.

Agreed.

zulater
11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Didn't really look it up, but are the Bengals really good with their coverage units? Just wondering because Antonio Brown isn't getting much going on his kick and punt returns lately. I'm wondering if maybe the increased role he's been given in the offense has taken away something from his burst as a return man? Perhaps Sanders will split time with him on returns when he comes back off his scope?

pepsyman1
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Agreed.

Ditto. I wish we would keep that short to medium pass game going. Mix it in with some solid rushing and the opportunities for the long passes will come. We couldn't get any sustained drives in the second half.

zulater
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Ditto I wish we would keep that short to medium pass game going. Mix it in with some solid rushing and the opportunities for the long passes will come. We couldn't get any sustained drives in the second half.

Uh, what would you call the game winning touchdown drive then? 11 plays 81 yards, 9 yard touchdown run by Mendy, remember?

pepsyman1
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Didn't really look it up, but are the Bengals really good with their coverage units? Just wondering because Antonio Brown isn't getting much going on his kick and punt returns lately. I'm wondering if maybe the increased role he's been given in the offense has taken away something from his burst as a return man? Perhaps Sanders will split time with him on returns when he comes back off his scope?

From what I heard from listening to the game on Sirius, the Bengals are supposed to be one the best coverage units in the league

X-Terminator
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Uh, what would you call the game winning touchdown drive then?

Yeah, seems that is being overlooked in all of this hand-wringing over the conservative play in the 2nd half. There wasn't much conservative about that drive either.

zulater
11-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, seems that is being overlooked in all of this hand-wringing over the conservative play in the 2nd half. There wasn't much conservative about that drive either.

I seem to remember a couple passes on the final drive where we ran out the clock too.

X-Terminator
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I seem to remember a couple passes on the final drive where we ran out the clock too.

Yep, and both went for first downs too. Nothing conservative there either.

zulater
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
A couple critical drops played a big part in the Steelers second half struggles too. Damn that Arains, why does he keep coaching that?!

:chuckle:

this is fun. :heh:

tube517
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
From what I heard from listening to the game on Sirius, the Bengals are supposed to be one the best coverage units in the league

They were in Cash Money's face after each punt.

stillers4me
11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Can I just keep complaining about last week instead?
:heh:

zulater
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
They were in Cash Money's face after each punt.

I thought Kapinos did a nice job punting today.

BlastFurnace
11-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, and Ike Taylor....how on earth do you allow that first touchdown to Green. Two of our best DB's and Clark around that ball and it still get's completed.

That wasn't a lazer throw that Dalton threw. That was a floating duck that Green had to maneuver to get to the ball. Clark was absolutely pathetic on that play.

vader29
11-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I thought Kapinos did a nice job punting today.

How lucky are we that he was still available when Sepulveda got hurt, he has done great so far.

steelerdude15
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I have a few complaints. The first one is that there was barely any pressure on they're QB at all and we didn't have a single sack. Even though we did send the house a couple of times, we still need to get sacks and with Woodley returning after the bye, we should be seeing more sacks. Next, our offense line didn't play good today and allowed five sacks I believe. Kemo is starting to get on my last nerve, he seems to be letting defenders by him without a problem even though hes our best pulling guard for the run. Then, our third down defense still struggled today even though it wasn't as bad as compared to last week. Finally, something I've been complaining about for a while and that's redzone scoring, that needs to improve.

X-Terminator
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Why are people complaining about the red zone offense? They were a Heath Miller penalty away from being 4 for 4 TDs today...

zulater
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, and Ike Taylor....how on earth do you allow that first touchdown to Green. Two of our best DB's and Clark around that ball and it still get's completed.

That wasn't a lazer throw that Dalton threw. That was a floating duck that Green had to maneuver to get to the ball. Clark was absolutely pathetic on that play.

I thought Troy was equally inept on that play.

st33lersguy
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Absolute refusal to put teams away before the final minutes, the offense between the go ahead TD and the game-ending offensive drive, the offensive pass interference penalty at the end of the 1st half

steelerdude15
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Why are people complaining about the red zone offense? They were a Heath Miller penalty away from being 4 for 4 TDs today...
They might have been good today, but they've struggled scoring touchdowns this season and instead are kicking field goals.

Merchant
11-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Not too much to complain about..

As mentioned, Troy flat-footed on the Green touchdown.

Offensive with three consecutive 3-and-outs when another TD or field-goal would have sealed it.

Pass-Rush could have been better.

But a win's a win. I don't think there'll ever be a week without something to complain about.

Chidi29
11-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I just want to play one clean game. I know it isn't easy but for once, let's not turn the ball over or have penalties take away points. The INT was a fluke but it's dumb stuff like that which makes it difficult to put teams away.

O'Malley
11-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Not too much to complain about..

As mentioned, Troy flat-footed on the Green touchdown.

Offensive with three consecutive 3-and-outs when another TD or field-goal would have sealed it.

Pass-Rush could have been better.

But a win's a win. I don't think there'll ever be a week without something to complain about.

This^, I give the Bengals more credit then most so far... They've got a lot better since they cut all the cancer out, Ocho Stinko, To, and Palmer gone, team has a shot in the arm and playing with some Swagger.

suitanim
11-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Remember the refs screwed us out of one touchdown. If not for that we're 4-4 with touchdowns today in the redzone.

Not true...Heath thought Ben was running and started blocking. That's a legit penalty.

HometownGal
11-14-2011, 05:44 AM
letting them back into the game when we had out foot on their throats

This is really my only complaint, but in the end we have the W in our column.

Aussie_steeler
11-14-2011, 05:45 AM
That once again I didnt get a steelers game broadcast down here and I have to rely on internet reports for an insight.

I would love to see footage of how Cortez Allen is playing ( according to some reports he is really stepping up and showing potential of being a good CB)

I would love to see the weekly development of Antonio Brown, as he sounds like he is going to be the man who steps up with Mike Wallace to give the steelers that real 1-2 punch not seen for a long time at WR position.

zulater
11-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Not true...Heath thought Ben was running and started blocking. That's a legit penalty.

Perhaps. But I still don't think it contributed to the end result of the play, so it was unfortunate if nothing else.

Chidi29
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
That once again I didnt get a steelers game broadcast down here and I have to rely on internet reports for an insight.

I would love to see footage of how Cortez Allen is playing ( according to some reports he is really stepping up and showing potential of being a good CB)

I would love to see the weekly development of Antonio Brown, as he sounds like he is going to be the man who steps up with Mike Wallace to give the steelers that real 1-2 punch not seen for a long time at WR position.

Allen has surpassed all expectations I had of him this year. Thought he was essentially going to redshirt this year. Not the case, obviously.

shutdown
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Finish teams on offense.

This. This. and more this.

While everyone rolls their eyes at Arians criticism (and I agree for the most part), this has always been my biggest.

I am sort of willing to buy that this style of offense is the wave of the future, but you have to put a team away. You have to return the favor and bail out a struggling defense that has been bailing you out for half a dozen years now.

It was sad watching the Seachickens close out the Ravens on offense yet we have had 4 chances in the last 2 weeks and couldnt.

HometownGal
11-15-2011, 05:17 PM

You're right about that. With some Steelers fans, if the O put up 99 points and the D pitched a shutout, they'd be bitching that they didn't score 100 and left points on the field. :jerkit:

SteelGhost
11-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Zero complaints, I only wish we had a couple of sacks to put Dalton in check, lol. But then again Bungles O'line played well to be honest.

NCSteeler
11-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Lost among any complaints is that the D did not have a 4th quarter let down.

suitanim
11-16-2011, 05:42 AM
Zero complaints, I only wish we had a couple of sacks to put Dalton in check, lol. But then again Bungles O'line played well to be honest.

They were well prepared. He took almost exclusively 3 and 5 step drops, the WR's ran almost exclusively short and intermediary routs, and when in doubt, Dalton threw it away. We had pressure, just not sacks...

zulater
11-21-2011, 08:43 AM
After watching the play for about the 100th time I got a new theory on why Troy didn't make a play on the ball that A.J. Green caught for the touchdown on. I think he thought that Clark had a better play on the ball, and didn't want to break up what he saw as a good interception opportunity. Almost every NFL game you see one defensive back jump into a play where his teammate has a clear path to the ball and what would have been an easy interception turns into a harmless incompletion and the other team comes back the next play and converts a 3rd down and you end up giving up the touchdown a few plays later. Anyway I just get this sense after watching it the umpteenth time that Troy took a calculated gamble and thought that if he left the play alone that Ryan clark gets the interception in the end zone, thus ending the threat.

Looking again on the one angle you can see Troy's eyes mark Clark's point on the field, and then he pulled up on the play. Clark did an Ike, and mistimed and misplayed the ball in the air. If you switched positions and put Troy where Clark was he gets hands on the ball without question.