PDA

View Full Version : Bengal game

Moose
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Okay this play calling sucked !! We were lucky to come away with a win on this....sorry, my opinion. The running of mendy was totally azzinine. Ben was connecting good with passing....keep it up damnit !! If it weren't for rookie Dalton passing we lose !! We come out 14 - 0 and then fall apart. What the hell is that ?? Thank God for Antonio Brown.....who get's my GAME BALL.......the goat goes to ARIANS !! Sorry, but this is my opinion.... We should have won this 30+ - 0 GO STEELERS

fansince'76
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Yep, keep passing in 40+ mile an hour winds. Isn't this what BA was vilified for in 2009 against the Browns (and still is)? :rolleyes:

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Relax

I did not like the 4th quarter of our offense, but it's a big win in a must win and especially against a team that was 6-2.

Its always been hard for the Steelers against the bengals

polamalubeast
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Yep, keep passing in 40+ mile an hour winds. Isn't this what BA was vilified for in 2009 against the Browns (and still is)? :rolleyes:

His would have helped if the running game was good.

X-Terminator
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Funny, because there were a couple of people, myself included, that thought they should run the ball more and not pass as much because of the winds. :noidea: Oh well, no matter what, Arians cannot win.

CantStop85
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Good game, guys. I'm interested to see how things shake out the rest of the season.

BlastFurnace
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM

I agree with you to a point. They still could have been more imaginable than Mendenhall/Moore straight up the middle in total giveup mode.

steelerdude15
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Good game, guys. I'm interested to see how things shake out the rest of the season.
And same to you sir. :clap2:

Moose
Didn't see the so called 40+ mph wind affect a damn thing. Wasn't even talked about....oh and the kicking wasn't bothered either by " wind ". Quick, short passes would have worked. I'm glad for the WIN, no question about it....I just don't like sitting on the end of the chair ( bar stool ), when I didn't need to be !!

X-Terminator
I agree with you to a point. They still could have been more imaginable than Mendenhall/Moore straight up the middle in total giveup mode.

Did they not seal the game with two PASSES for first downs at the end????

stillers4me
11-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Short passes were connecting in the first quarter. It was when we kept going for the long passes that it fell apart. Ben? Receivers? Wind??????????

fansince'76
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Yep, good game. I'm hoping the Ravens take a nosedive and wind up in 3rd place at the end. :chuckle:

Seahawks are up 7-0 in the first! :applaudit:

BlastFurnace
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Did they not seal the game with two PASSES for first downs at the end????

Yes, and I was shocked that they actually did that. My problem was the offense they ran for nearly the entire 4th QTR.

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Short passes were connecting in the first quarter. It was when we kept going for the long passes that it fell apart. Ben? Receivers? Wind??????????

looked like a combo of both. We didnt run that well, but the small ball that we used at first looked good!

XxKnightxX
11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
looked like a combo of both. We didnt run that well, but the small ball that we used at first looked good!

Also the inability of the receivers to catch deep balls and Ben underthrowing them. The wind definitely does play a factor when the ball goes up in the air. It can deviate at any moment depending on hangtime.

Bluecoat96
11-13-2011, 04:00 PM
As much as I can't believe I'm about to say this.....the Bengals seem to have their shit together for the most part this year. I think that I would be wrong if I bitched about just our play calling as opposed to giving the Bengals credit for being an OK team. They played their asses off and made it a real game.

7willBheaven
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah I didnt care for most of the 4th qtr play calling...esp the next to last 2 drives...run run pass...it was too early to try to "run out the clock" and all. The last drive was better...and they should have done something similar the previous 2 drives...could have been game over before that (esp on that INT by Timmons...get 20-30 yards and you're in FG range and the game could turn out of reach).

tube517
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM

You need to sweep the Raisins ala 2009

Dalton is a keeper though. Nice young WRs and TE. Solid foundation on defense.

steel striker
11-13-2011, 06:59 PM
I think the our offense struggled in the second hald to do more with the bengals defense. They were getting more pressure on Ben and, kept the running in check. Good thing for the defense making some plays out there to secure the win, key first downs when we needed it.

suitanim
11-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Arguably, we lost last week because we did not/could not run in the 4th and salt away the win.

Yesterday we were able to mix it up enough late in the game to eat some clock and win the game.

Arians playcalling was fucking BRILLIANT and we should have won that game about 31-10. LACK OF EXECUTION bit us in the ass again.

HometownGal
11-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Arguably, we lost last week because we did not/could not run in the 4th and salt away the win.

Yesterday we were able to mix it up enough late in the game to eat some clock and win the game.

Arians playcalling was fucking BRILLIANT and we should have won that game about 31-10. LACK OF EXECUTION bit us in the ass again.

BINGO. :applaudit:

Damn Arians - he gave up those 17 points the Bungles scored too and was out there on that field blowing that pigskin on Ben's underthrows/overthrows that could have been scores.