PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: The ultimate rookie QB test

stillers4me
11-13-2011, 09:51 AM
For a franchise that has been to two Super Bowls, won eight division titles since its inception in 1968 and was founded by one of the greatest pioneers in National Football League history, it seems disrespectful at least and curious at best that the Cincinnati Bengals can claim only one player in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as their own -- tackle Anthony Munoz.

Such disregard might seem surprising because the history of the Bengals is littered with an impressive collection of quarterbacks who, at various points in their career, were considered the best at their position: Ken Anderson, the only quarterback ever to lead the league in passing in two different decades; Boomer Esiason, the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1998 who holds a number of league records for a left-handed quarterback; and even Carson Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2003 draft who led the Bengals to two playoff appearances in five seasons.

Strangely, the quarterback who might have been the best one of all never really lasted more than one magical season with the Bengals..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11317/1189363-66.stm

Chidi29
11-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Only have gotten to watch a little bit of Dalton so far. Couple of points.

Does like to spread the ball around a lot. Doesn't lock in on any receiver it seems. In the first half versus the Colts a few weeks ago, I think six different receivers had receptions.

They like to get him moving, on rollouts and make some easy throws into the flats.

Doesn't seem like they go vertical a whole lot. Is a WCO and they like to keep everything medium and closer.

stillers4me
11-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Gresham is out today...one less target.

Chidi29
11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Gresham is out today...one less target.

I'm reading that he is active.

stillers4me
11-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm reading that he is active.

Yu are right...I misread a tweet.