PDA

View Full Version : Midseason player poll: Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin voted favorite coaches

polamalubeast
11-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Rex Ryan, New York Jets—22

Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers—22

Bill Belichick, New England Patriots—11

Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers—11

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers—8

Raheem Morris, Tampa Bay Buccaneers—5

Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints—5

John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens—4

Hue Jackson, Oakland Raiders—3

Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons—3

Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans—2

Norv Turner, San Diego Chargers—2

12 coaches received one vote

“Rex Ryan. I just like the way [the Jets] play. It’s a wide-open defense. It’s organized violence. I like to watch them, Pittsburgh, Baltimore with all the movement they do. They just get after you.”—Colts DE Robert Mathis

“Rex Ryan. I was around him when he was with Baltimore. He’s like the coaches I have here, a great motivator.”—Chiefs NT Kelly Gregg

—Get it while it's hot: Troy Aikman's Hot Read

“Rex Ryan. He’s a very player-oriented coach. He knows how to get the most out of his players, and he runs a great style of defense. He coaches with a lot of emotion and that’s what you want. I like that.”—NFC defensive player

“Mike Tomlin. He just seems like a guy who always knows how to fire up his players. He seems like a guy whose players always want to play for him. And I get that. It’s what I see from coach Smith (Bears head coach Lovie) and coach Marinelli (Bears defensive coordinator Rod). And I hope I will always have a chance to play for coaches like that.”—Bears CB Charles Tillman

“(Tomlin) is definitely a players coach, but at the same time it’s not like by any means he is close to being a pushover. He demands the most from his players and he gets it. He demands respect. He’s one of those guys that when he stands up and talks, everybody listens—a great public speaker. He always says the right thing.”—Bears tight end and former Steeler Matt Spaeth

“(Tomlin) has been in the league for three or four years and he’s already been in two Super Bowls. He was the youngest coach to ever win. That’s just impressive.”—Redskins DE Adam Carriker

“Being a fan of the game, you respect what Bill Belichick has done. You would be fortunate to play for a guy like that. Anybody who has had the success that he has had ... as a player, you would love to soak up that knowledge.”—Cowboys TE Jason Witten

“I think (McCarthy) brings a lot of energy to the team. He got them into the winning habit, and he is keeping it going.”—Cowboys G Montrae Holland

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-ryan-tomlin-voted-favorite-coaches#ixzz1dL7Cm9XV

tube517
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
“Being a fan of the game, you respect what Bill Belichick has done. You would be fortunate to play for a guy like that. Anybody who has had the success that he has had ... as a player, you would love to soak up that knowledge.”—Cowboys TE Jason Witten

So, Witten likes cheaters?

tube517
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
4 votes for John Harbaugh. Brother Jim is a rookie coach and has twice as many votes. Bahahahaahahahahahahaahahahaha. :rofl2:

polamalubeast
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Which coach would you least like to play for?

Tom Coughlin, New York Giants—22

Tony Sparano, Miami Dolphins—21

Bill Belichick, New England Patriots—15

Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks—6

Todd Haley, Kansas City Chiefs—5

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers—5

Rex Ryan, New York Jets—5

Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions—4

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-coughlin-least-desired-coach#ixzz1dL4AWy54

XxKnightxX
11-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Impressive, goes to show you how much the players respect Tomlin around the league. And as much as fat boy Rex runs his mouth, he feeds into the alpha male mentality of football players.

polamalubeast
11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Rex Ryan and Mike Tomlin have a lot of respect between them.

steelerdiva
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Interesting...Bellicheat was also voted one of the most "disliked" coaches in the league as well.