PDA

View Full Version : From top to bottom, Steelers furious about Clark's latest fine

stillers4me
11-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Ryan Clark (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/players/ryanclark/profile?id=CLA544413)'s first fine for an illegal hit drew nothing but a remorseful nod from the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) safety.

The second fine (http://origin-prod.www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823f0b66/article/steelers-safety-clark-irked-by-40k-fine-for-hit-vs-ravens?module=HP11_headline_stack) -- this one for a violent collision with Baltimore Ravens (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/teams/baltimoreravens/profile?team=BAL) tight end Ed Dickson (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/players/eddickson/profile?id=DIC709336) on Sunday night -- drew his wrath.

"This is the worst, period, point blank," Clark said.

The league fined Clark $40,000 for what the Steelers safety felt was a perfectly normal play and left him wondering if the NFL has gone too far in policing dangerous hits, particularly ones doled out by the Steelers.

"There wasn't anything malicious about it," Clark said. "It wasn't a spear. It wasn't a forearm to the head. It wasn't any of those things and to be fined $40,000 for that? To me it's either targeting me as a single player or it's targeting this team."

The Steelers have been fined 13 times for more than $182,000 this season, with Clark's latest the biggest of the bunch.
Coach Mike Tomlin notified Clark of the fine on Monday, though Clark says referees never offered him an explanation for the flag and he believed he would get a reprieve after league officials got a look at the tape..................

read more @ http://burgh.us/9qj

polamalubeast
11-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Goodell destroyed the football.Goodell deserves a punch in his face.

tube517
11-09-2011, 07:00 PM
"Am I supposed to let him catch it and then wait for him and hug him?" Clark said. "Should I throw a pillow at him? Should I blow a whistle? 'Hey look, I'm about to tackle you.' No, that's not football."

Yes, Ryan. You should also send him flowers and a gift certificate to the restaurant of his choice.

And if Mike Tomlin has his back, no further arguments for Goodhell are necessary. PERIOD.

polamalubeast
11-09-2011, 07:03 PM
AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Agree 100 percent on Ryan Clark. That hit was delivered like a Pee Wee coach would teach it. Steelers have reason to be PO'd.

willcolon74 Willie Colon
40k for a legal hit, they might as well turn in to the National Flag Football League.

polamalubeast
11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
PghSportsNation Mike Drakulich
#Steelers' Ryan Clark fined $40,000 for playing football.

stillers4me
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
The Steelers have been fined 13 times for more than $182,000 this season, with Clark's latest the biggest of the bunch.

Roger Goodel took office in Aug, 2006.

The fines for the entire NFL from 1-2005 to 12-2005 (under Paul Tagliabue (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/wiki/Paul_Tagliabue)) totaled $348,000. Compare that to what the Steelers have been fined for the first half of this season........you do the math.

In October of 2006, Dan Rooney was fined by Roger Goodell $25,000 for his criticism of the officials calls in the Steelers overtime loss to the Falcons. 2 months after taking office, setting the tone for his commisionership.

Fines 2005 $348,000 Paul Tagliabue (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/wiki/Paul_Tagliabue)
Fines 2010 $2,120,000 Roger Goodell

http://www.justfines.com/listFines.php?year=2010

salamander
11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Expect even more fines to come for Steelers' players. Goodell won't sit there quietly while the Steelers talk negatively about him. :coffee:

stillers4me
11-09-2011, 07:18 PM
They aren't going down quietly, nor should they. They have answered Goodell twice by Superbowl appearanaces despite all the fines.

Go knock on his front door, guys.

BlastFurnace
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
The NFL is getting closer and closer to the NBA

Games are decided not by players, but by refs and showtime (offense...offense...offense...) rules the league.

I used to be a huge NBA fan until it was ruined by those in charge. Eventually, I will walk away from the NFL and never look back. I'm only one fan, but I'm sure that there are others like me who feel the same way.

fansince'76
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Eventually, I will walk away from the NFL and never look back. I'm only one fan, but I'm sure that there are others like me who feel the same way.

I'm getting there too, believe me. Used to be I'd watch every NFL game I could during the season. Now? I only watch Steelers games. Another prolonged funk for the Steelers like the '80s oughtta do it for me.

BlastFurnace
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm getting there too, believe me. Used to be I'd watch every NFL game I could during the season. Now? I only watch Steelers games. Another prolonged funk for the Steelers like the '80s oughtta do it for me.

I hear that Mark Malone is coming out of retirement....lol

I know you disliked him as much as I did.

Count Steeler
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah, this Goofell has to go for the good of the game. Rooneys made a mistake by backing him. Time to make things right.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm right there with both of you. I have NFL Sunday Ticket and the only game that I watched this week was the Steelers. I used to have quite a few fantasy football teams every year and this year I didn't even join a single league. The NFL is being ruined right before our eyes.

steel striker
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
If I ever meet worthless Roger i will punch in his face. This is beyond ridiculous and, Worthless needs to be FIRED. Which I know will never happen and, he has ruined this game of football. All Roger wants is to fine the steelers at all costs right or wrong. Let Marsha throw for 500 per game and, have the scores of each game 50-48. The wr's could hit the db's in the head with a sledgehammer and, still there would be no call on the offense.

Devilsdancefloor
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
i feel for who ever goes across the middle in stripes next week night night

Dino 6 Rings
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Good. We are better when we play with true anger.

Steeldude
11-11-2011, 02:57 PM

it's no longer football. i would rather watch replays of games from the 80's than the upcoming games this year. personally i would rather see them crack down on players doing lame celebrations after routine plays. these young kids today are a bunch of cocky punks. they catch a simple 1st down pass then feel the need to walk up field. i find it embarrassing for the player as well as the team.

although, not quite the same, i stopped watching the NBA in the early 2000's because they didn't enforce any rules.

as for baseball....lmao....i have never watched a single game. baseball is not a sport

GodfatherofSoul
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
although, not quite the same, i stopped watching the NBA in the early 2000's because they didn't enforce any rules.

as for baseball....lmao....i have never watched a single game. baseball is not a sport

I stopped watching the NBA around the same time when refs weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were manipulating outcomes. Back then, I thought I knew. When that dirty ref got busted, I wonder how the NBA didn't implode.

ALLD
11-11-2011, 03:17 PM
So now receivers are allowed a fair catch in the open before a defender can actually defend?

SMR
11-12-2011, 07:00 PM
So now receivers are allowed a fair catch in the open before a defender can actually defend?

Only if they play against the Steelers.

BlastFurnace
11-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I stopped watching the NBA around the same time when refs weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were manipulating outcomes. Back then, I thought I knew. When that dirty ref got busted, I wonder how the NBA didn't implode.

Exactly. The NBA is the most crooked league of all of them.

The NFL is slowly migrating to the NBA level. By the time Goodell leaves office, the game will be completely different than when he started.

steelpinstripe87
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm right there with both of you. I have NFL Sunday Ticket and the only game that I watched this week was the Steelers. I used to have quite a few fantasy football teams every year and this year I didn't even join a single league. The NFL is being ruined right before our eyes.

This. I don't watch any football unless the Steelers are playing. Yesterday, I listened to the Steelers game on dve.com and that was it. Even if the Steelers go into a funk like the 1980's, I would still watch them and listen. I have a loyalty to the team itself that I've had ever since I can remember - that loyalty doesn't extend to the entire league, if that makes sense. I do watch the Super Bowl every year, even if the Steelers aren't in it, but that's as far as that goes.

LLT
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
This. I don't watch any football unless the Steelers are playing..... I have a loyalty to the team itself that I've had ever since I can remember - that loyalty doesn't extend to the entire league.....

Very well said.

O'Malley
11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
This. I don't watch any football unless the Steelers are playing. Yesterday, I listened to the Steelers game on dve.com and that was it. Even if the Steelers go into a funk like the 1980's, I would still watch them and listen. I have a loyalty to the team itself that I've had ever since I can remember - that loyalty doesn't extend to the entire league, if that makes sense. I do watch the Super Bowl every year, even if the Steelers aren't in it, but that's as far as that goes.

This^ X100.. Well put and I'll say this is how I feel as well..