PDA

View Full Version : Finally convinced Steelers being targeted...

O'Malley
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I have finally gone to the side of the Steelers are truly being targeted with penaties and fines.. It happens every week and it's really getting old.. I don't want to sound like a whiner or a homer but the evidence is overwhelming IMO. Thoughts, is it just me?

polamalubeast
11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Lions(SUH) are a team very targeted too

steeldevil
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't see how any Steelers fan could still think we aren't targeted??? :noidea:

I mean.... Its pretty obvious isn't it???

O'Malley
11-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't see how any Steelers fan could still think we aren't targeted??? :noidea:

I mean.... Its pretty obvious isn't it???

I just didn't want to sound like a homer. But it's getting to the point of no return.. Something has to be done or the sport will die. I'm really close to not watching anymore.

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
How so? Do you watch the other 15 games every week?

O'Malley
11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
How so? Do you watch the other 15 games every week?

Used to get the package every year and watch every game.. Now I watch what they put on regular TV and the Steelers games at the local Steelers bar..

zulater
11-09-2011, 05:28 PM
If you were going to go that route, I think you'd need to establish motive.

Of course the Steelers were the only team not to vote for the new CBA due to their belief it yielded too much power to the commissioner's office. :wink02:

Godfather
11-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Lions(SUH) are a team very targeted too

Goofdell screws them even worse. Suh got fined fpr an unquestionably clean, legal play.

The ref blowing that call was one thing because it looked bad at full speed. Goofdell's action was unforgiveable, because he had time to review the tape and see that it was just pushing a ball carrier to the ground.

Devilsdancefloor
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
im still a firm believer that if a ref blows a call or non call they get a fine

katmandu
11-10-2011, 01:22 AM
You know, I'm with the Players in saying......

WHERE THE HELL IS THE UNION REPRESENTATION ?????

READ THE QUOTES BELOW !!

The players would rather see NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith intervene."Someone needs to stand up and do something — like De Smith," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "He needs to stand up for our players."The NFL has a detailed schedule of fines broken down by violation and amount based on first or second offense; the league hands out the list to every player before the season. NFLPA spokesman George Atallah did not respond to an email seeking comment."We haven't heard from (Smith) since the (collective bargaining agreement) got signed," linebacker James Farrior said. "I don't even know what his role is. We complain, and nobody does anything about."When the players voted to ratify the CBA in August, 31 teams signed off on it — the Steelers were the only team that didn't. One of the sticking points was the power that the commissioner had over fines."We didn't sign our rights away," Harrison said.Some players believe that choosing to not vote to ratify the CBA could be a reason for the NFL to target the Steelers."You would hope that people would not hold that against us," tackle Max Starks said.

Read more: Steelers' Clark hit with season's largest fine - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766537.html#ixzz1dHiUZIxb)

VTsteel
11-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Not only are we targeted . . . There are two new rules that have now been established called the "Clark Rule" and the "Lewis Rule"

The NFL Comissioners Office has updated the rule book.

The first addition is a new rule called the Clark Rule and it reads like this: "If a player is successful in making an otherwise perfectly legal and textbook tackle that dislodges the ball from the receiver - a flag shall be thrown on that defensive player to ensure that the offensive momentum is allowed to keep moving forward. Furthermore, if the defensive player in question is wearing anything related to Black and Gold on their uniform that player will be subject to incremental fines up to and including public whipping by the NFL Commissioner." Interesting

The second addition to the new NFL rule book is one being called the "Lewis Rule" and it reads like this: "On the occessions when an obviously intentional helmet to helmet hit occurs to any player wearing Black and Gold this play will be deemed legal and no flag shall be thrown. Furthermore, if the recipient of the helmet to helmet hit is actually knocked out from the game; then the commisioners office will throw a party to celebrate. If, to save face, the commissioners office decides to fine the player who delivered the intentional helmet to helmet hit; that player's fine will be paid by a member of the team wearing Black and Gold (see the Clark Rule above). Now I understand why Clarks fine was so much - He had to pay Ray Lewis' fine too. O.K. I get it.

stillers4me
11-10-2011, 04:56 AM
I believe the NFL is allowing the refs to interpert every rule with an "unless__(fill in the blank)________________________".

Like the rules to protect QB's "unless you are Ben Rothlisberger and you hold the ball and extend plays, then you deserve what you get and we are not going to protect you"."

I've actually heard the guys on sirius radio justify not calling for Ben because of his "style of play". So to me, that says 'unless" at the end of every rule that allows the refs free interpretation of every rule. The rule is the the rule "unless".......

Shoes
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
>snip<

You know, I'm with the Players in saying......WHERE THE HELL IS THE UNION REPRESENTATION ?????

....doing what most unions do...nothing! Oh except collecting it's members money.

ALLD
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
It is especially true since we beat the Pats.

SMR
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
>snip<

....doing what most unions do...nothing! Oh except collecting it's members money.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!

suitanim
11-13-2011, 08:30 AM
That's not true...the union actually WILL do something: They will do whatever they can to make sure that they, even though they are largely useless, will find a way to continue to exist.

silver & black
11-13-2011, 09:23 AM
If you were going to go that route, I think you'd need to establish motive.

Of course the Steelers were the only team not to vote for the new CBA due to their belief it yielded too much power to the commissioner's office. :wink02:

The Raiders didn't vote at all. :wink02: